2020 Fall Ball (Scrimmages Canceled) | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

2020 Fall Ball (Scrimmages Canceled)

Desko mentions a number of players in these clips but he seems high on a few new players including Drago and Wykoff and also is impressed with Clary and Page and says Quinn has looked good and most importantly, consistent in fall ball.

Pretty sure #77 isn't Willie Klan. I knew he entered the portal, but we never found out where he ended up.

Never heard anything official about Klan or Strang, but assuming both have moved on.

Thinking 77 is either Erlbeck or Hiltz? Shooting righty but it looks like Hiltz to me.

Scanlan makes a ridiculous pass to Aburn on the crease in that clip.

Never heard anything official about Klan or Strang, but assuming both have moved on.

Thinking 77 is either Erlbeck or Hiltz? Shooting righty but it looks like Hiltz to me.

Scanlan makes a ridiculous pass to Aburn on the crease in that clip.

Believe that is Hiltz

6 Jackson Birtwistle
15 Cole Horan ?
20 Liam Ferris
24 Jack Savage ?
27 Brett Tenaglia ?
32 Jack Witherspoon ?
38 Cadel Kol
48 Saam Olexo
50 Patrick Duffy ?
51 Frankie Hapney ?
53 Tommy Drago ?
77 Owen Hiltz ?
88 Marshall McGuire ?

Blake Erlbeck
Nick Hapney
Mitch Wykoff

Logan Dieball changing from 24?
Michael Page changing from 38?

Caelin Lewis is #40

I don't know if this has been mentioned in this thread, but Duke has been running a fall outdoor league in which their players act as owner, GM, coach and players split up among a few teams. DOLL link

Duke's coaches often come up with creative ways to do their job. They've shared a lot of these things in the coaching clinics they've done which are available online. It's certainly possible other coaches are doing creative things, but Duke puts some of what they do out there for people to see.

This is a strange fall. I'm guessing players from all schools are happy to get to practice and play this fall, since they haven't played much since March.

I don't know if this has been mentioned in this thread, but Duke has been running a fall outdoor league in which their players act as owner, GM, coach and players split up among a few teams. DOLL link

Duke's coaches often come up with creative ways to do their job. They've shared a lot of these things in the coaching clinics they've done which are available online. It's certainly possible other coaches are doing creative things, but Duke puts some of what they do out there for people to see.

This is a strange fall. I'm guessing players from all schools are happy to get to practice and play this fall, since they haven't played much since March.

5 attack mentioned in the article. I've brought this up before, but Duke offense might have too many good players. Dyson Williams, Sowers, and O'Neil are almost certain locks to see minutes as well as Joe Robertson. The article also mentions Joe's older brother, Phillip who transferred in as a grad student from Princeton. He's played a lot, but not sure how he meshes with the Duke offense. JP Basile came on strong last season and impressed me when Joe Robertson went down. I figured with the addition of so many good attack men he might struggle to see the field, but it looks like he's still producing. They are also returning Joey Manown, he's a four year starter. I have no idea how he fits in either.

I've seen some people touch on it... Hiltz is performing well? Can anyone expand on that? Does it look like he will take a starting spot?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom