2020 MLB Season... | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

2020 MLB Season...

sounds to me more like some players have tested positive and they're getting their collective crap together before making a statement...if they're just waiting for results...which could come back some time today..why not just wait to call if off? i mean there are tons of days that weather brings uncertainty to whether or not a game takes place.

makes no sense at all..to call a game because results aren't back at 9 am? would they call a game off if it was raining at 9 am? especially in the tight windows they have to complete this season? something is off.

I think it might be partially because if they call it now, then no one goes to the ballpark, which is definitely something they are trying to avoid if possible. (As opposed to a rainout)

The reporting so far is no one has tested positive for the Phillies/Yankees, but really, who the hell knows?

I have an irrational disdain for the swoosh on the baseball uniforms. It sucks (the swoosh, not my irrational disdain).
I see the Red Sox, Yankees, Cubs jerseys they have very little if any changes over 60 years and Nike adds a giant swoosh to them.
Don’t like it.

Next you will last names on Yankees road jerseys.

0 Phillies have tested positive.
However the Phillies visiting clubhouse attendant tested positive.

This is a Miami and Florida problem it appears.

And the marlins were blaming Atlanta .. and Atlanta had no positives

The Marlins haven't been in Miami in a while they were in Philly for a few days and in Atlanta before that.

You were “right” that none of the Phillies had it. You must have had inside info. What a GREAT call!!

What time do the Orioles play tonight?

I'm a Yankee fan so idk why I would know or care when the Orioles play unless the Yankees were playing them. Season started they will finish it. Believe that.

Honestly I don’t get crowing.

Who doesn’t want sports?

It really boils down to the fact politics have infected sports which caused what used to be a fun thing into more.
He's not a bright person. He's the type who would start celebrating before the touchdown and get the ball stripped away.

I'm a Yankee fan so idk why I would know or care when the Orioles play unless the Yankees were playing them. Season started they will finish it. Believe that.
Yes we get it, the world revolves around the Yankees. Mlb should only make decisions that help the Yankees, the heck with the other 29 teams.

How did the Yanks do last night?

Yes we get it, the world revolves around the Yankees. Mlb should only make decisions that help the Yankees, the heck with the other 29 teams.

When the Yanks gotta play double headers to get these missed games in and end up with some BS pitcher out there getting rocked, he’ll be the first one to complain.

The fact that 17 Marlins have it illustrates how easily it can spread when teams are in close quarters. I truly hope it is contained to one team. It would be awful if the season gets derailed after the first week. I was really looking forward to watching baseball again

This unfortunately means everyone will be on edge until we get a few more weeks under the belt. If we even get there to begin with.

And other sports will need to learn from baseball in developing better protocol for fall/winter

MLB should do the right thing and give Miami a 40 man roster exception due to Covid and let them call up thier entire 30 man reserve team and let them play till the main Marlins are Covid free.

When the Yanks gotta play double headers to get these missed games in and end up with some BS pitcher out there getting rocked, he’ll be the first one to complain.

Yesterday's game canceled.

Today's game canceled.

Undetermined if the games on Thurs and Fri will be played.

We're 7 games into the season, and we may already have 4 games to be made up.

MLB should do the right thing and give Miami a 40 man roster exception due to Covid and let them call up thier entire 30 man reserve team and let them play till the main Marlins are Covid free.

It’s almost like one team being down affects everyone else who plays them. Who would’ve thought? Too complex for CuseRunner to care about though.

This is interesting. Wonder if the players are more worried about a) getting infected by Marlins players or team employees or b) getting infected by stupid teammates who decide to try to sneak out and hit South Beach?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom