2020 MLB Season... | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

2020 MLB Season...

Yesterday's game canceled.

Today's game canceled.

Undetermined if the games on Thurs and Fri will be played.

We're 7 games into the season, and we may already have 4 games to be made up.

Right. In a season where they scheduled 60 games in 64 days. And, oh yeah, sometimes it rains too.

No problems here though!

This is interesting. Wonder if the players are more worried about a) getting infected by Marlins players or team employees or b) getting infected by stupid teammates who decide to try to sneak out and hit South Beach?
I would assume it’s both.
If the Marlins weren’t overwhelming infected I would still be worried about in being Miami for 3 days right now.

Yes we get it, the world revolves around the Yankees. Mlb should only make decisions that help the Yankees, the heck with the other 29 teams.

Yankees Dodgers Astros Athletics Twins Braves Rays and maybe hand few of other teams who could win the world series this year. Yeah the Marlins dont matter they were finishing last before this outbreak.

Yankees Dodgers Astros Athletics Twins Braves Rays and maybe hand few of other teams who could win the world series this year. Yeah the Marlins dont matter they were finishing last before this outbreak.
The Marlins might not win a ws, but in a 60 game season, why can't they go 30-30 and make the playoffs?

The Marlins have won two World Series’s, besting the Yankees in 2003. They suck now because Jeter and Mattingly have tanked them.

How are you this obtuse.
It doesn’t matter if the Marlins win the title.

Every game on the Marlins schedule affects the other 29 teams. Who gets HFA and a deciding game at home, who makes the playoffs.

The Phillies lost 2 of 3 to the Marlins this week if the Phillies miss the playoffs by 1 game there loss to the Marlins affected the season etc.

It doesn’t matter this team affected most is the Marlins. Integrity of the game matters use your head and stop thinking without consequences.

This is interesting. Wonder if the players are more worried about a) getting infected by Marlins players or team employees or b) getting infected by stupid teammates who decide to try to sneak out and hit South Beach?

For me, it would definitely be a combination of both.

The Marlins have won two World Series’s, besting the Yankees in 2003. They suck now because Jeter and Mattingly have tanked them.

You forgot the sarcasm font.

I doubt he cares that Jeter gift wrapped Stanton to the Yankees for Starling Castro and garbage.

the worst team will still win 30-40% of the time even if they throw a Minor league squad out there

I doubt he cares that Jeter gift wrapped Stanton to the Yankees for Starling Castro and garbage.

Kevin McHale gift wrapped Kevin Garnett to the celtics in 2008.

Yeah, thanks for that ridiculous 13 year contract Jeet, although he could have a monster 2020 with no fans, not unlike his Marlins days.

I thought it was a terrible trade by the Yankees. Jeter got handed a ****burger contract and found the only team who would take it off his hands.

With a sixty game season and now a sixteen team playoff, the chances of a non-favorite winning the World Series are higher than ever.

Yeah, thanks for that ridiculous 13 year contract Jeet, although he could have a monster 2020 with no fans, not unlike his Marlins days.

I thought it was a terrible trade by the Yankees. Jeter got handed a ****burger contract and found the only team who would take it off his hands.

He would've killed someone with rope he hit on Sunday if there were fans. Because the fan at Nats park certainly would not have been paying attention.

Can we please just not turn this into a CR vs. 15 ppl that bemoan his existence thread? I’m begging.

The poor horse has been eviscerated.
If CR is on the off topic board I don’t know as I retired from that board but he needs to use his head slightly and not say stuff like who cares its the Marlins and not the Yankees.

All it takes is one team to not play anymore and the integrity of the season is over.

If CR is on the off topic board I don’t know as I retired from that board but he needs to use his head slightly and not say stuff like who cares its the Marlins and not the Yankees.

All it takes is one team to not play anymore and the integrity of the season is over.

The funny thing is...the Yanks have now been postponed twice, because of the Marlins. It’s stuff like this that makes it obvious he’s trolling.

He traded Yelich, Ozuna and Stanton and got one legit prospect.

Have heard strongest plan is to have #Marlins not play until Monday, give time to regroup and update/prerare roster. The hope would be that with regional games/repeat v. same opponents that they could make up much of the 60-game sked with offday pay and DHs.

#Phillies also may be stopped from playing for a few days but not as long as the #Marlins. Plan would be then for the #Yankees, who were supposed to play at home v. #Phllies Wed/Thurs, to instead play at #Orioles, who were supposed to play Marlins

Essentially MLB would take the #Marlins #Phillies out of play for a few days, and hope that with regional sked they can make up as many of 60 games as possible when cleared to do that.

Heard MLB would like to get 60-game season in for all teams, but not wedded to it. If some teams play 58, 56, 55, etc, winning pct would determine playoff spots.

The precedent for odd numbers/win pct wins is the 1981 split season. For example, in 2d half certain teams in the NL East played 51, 52, 53, 54 games.

Have heard strongest plan is to have #Marlins not play until Monday, give time to regroup and update/prerare roster. The hope would be that with regional games/repeat v. same opponents that they could make up much of the 60-game sked with offday pay and DHs.

#Phillies also may be stopped from playing for a few days but not as long as the #Marlins. Plan would be then for the #Yankees, who were supposed to play at home v. #Phllies Wed/Thurs, to instead play at #Orioles, who were supposed to play Marlins

Essentially MLB would take the #Marlins #Phillies out of play for a few days, and hope that with regional sked they can make up as many of 60 games as possible when cleared to do that.

Heard MLB would like to get 60-game season in for all teams, but not wedded to it. If some teams play 58, 56, 55, etc, winning pct would determine playoff spots.

The precedent for odd numbers/win pct wins is the 1981 split season. For example, in 2d half certain teams in the NL East played 51, 52, 53, 54 games.
Cancel the season

Cancel the season
im not ready for that.

they got to try to work this out some how, some way.

rip the schedule up and place teams v each other like chess.

maybe add a week or 2 to the regular season and start adding some off days now.

although the MLBPA would obviously have something to say about that.

cant just throw our hands up and quit.

im not ready for that.

they got to try to work this out some how, some way.

rip the schedule up and place teams v each other like chess.

maybe add a week or 2 to the regular season and start adding some off days now.

although the MLBPA would obviously have something to say about that.

cant just throw our hands up and quit.
They don't want to go into November.

You’re missing the Blue Jays but we forgive you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom