2020 MLB Season... | Page 37 | Syracusefan.com

2020 MLB Season...

Yeah the Playoffs where your team won't be.
oooh-sick-burn.gif.cf.gif

When I think Yankees - Red Sox, I think of Pedro, Big Papi, Manny, Jeter, Torre, Zimmer, etc. These were big names and stars that we “knew”. We even knew the coaches.

We don’t “know” these guys now.
Sox and Yankees have star position players.
Xander Bogaerts, Rafael Devers, Aaron Judge, Giancarlo Stanton, Gleyber Torres.

The Sox pitching staff with two top 30
SP Chris Sale and Eduardo Rodriguez out for the season has destroyed their pitching staff.

I am. I’m watching the game right now.

I know who their main players are - but I don’t know anything about them beyond their numbers. None of these guys are national stars the way baseball stars used to be. There’s no marketing.
I agree that marketing needs to be better, but I don’t know if any effort can make baseball the national product it used to be.

There is still plenty of room for regional and international growth so there is money to be made.

The Mets are one 3 game winning streak from being in the playoffs.
I don’t get why they are mocked.
Pretty much anyone but the Pirates or Red Sox can make the playoffs this year.

Mets have been to the World series more recently than the Yanks just saying.

2017 (Astros beat us in ALCS) cheaters
2018 (Red sox beat us in ALDS) cheaters

Yankees are Rao's and METS are Olive Garden.

Sox and Yankees have star position players.
Xander Bogaerts, Rafael Devers, Aaron Judge, Giancarlo Stanton, Gleyber Torres.

The Sox pitching staff with two top 30
SP Chris Sale and Eduardo Rodriguez out for the season has destroyed their pitching staff.

Stars on the field, but their names don’t ring bells with the general public. Nobody knows their “personas“ the way everybody used to know the good baseball players.

2009 Yankees had Alex Rodríguez roided so they are cheaters then under your logic.

2004 and 2007 Red Sox World Champions. Big Papi and Manny ring a bell ?

Those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

All I’ve gotten out of this is that the Red Sox have won a lot more WS’s than the Yankees have in your adult fandom lifetime. You seem bothered by that.

Oh I am so hurt and do you see me complaining about Giambi in game 7 2003 ALCS hitting HRs roided up as to why they lost?

I don’t care about PEDs you just make excuses for your team.

The Nats didn’t need to make excuses in the World Series last year against Houston. There’s nothing wrong with accepting the fact that the Yankees have s*** the bed in the playoffs for the last decade.

He needs to play through that if he is a “True Jay.” ;)

Right. Sure he may blow it out even worse, but this is a pennett race. Joe Carter would’ve dragged his bad leg around the field with one hand and hit home runs with the other.

Right. Sure he may blow it out even worse, but this is a pennett race. Joe Carter would’ve dragged his bad leg around the field with one hand and hit home runs with the other.

You still missed the point of what I meant. Stanton played in 18 games last year and was out in the ALCS after we won game 1 last year. He was mashing this year. So yeah for a hamstring strain grade 1 where he only has to DH and not play the outfield yeah I was peeved.

You still missed the point of what I meant. Stanton played in 18 games last year and was out in the ALCS after we won game 1 last year. He was mashing this year. So yeah for a hamstring strain grade 1 where he only has to DH and not play the outfield yeah I was peeved.

tenor.gif.cf.gif

Love how quiet A-Rod is that play being so similar to when he cheated and knocked the ball out of Arroyo’s glove.

Totally awkward and his partner isn’t saying anything about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom