2020 MLB Season... | Page 40 | Syracusefan.com

2020 MLB Season...

Your not a Yankee fan so you wouldn't understand. David Wells in 2003 playoffs pitched with his back about to give out but he kept pitching through until it blew out in 03 WS vs the Marlins, Tex in 2010 latter half played with a bad hamstring kept playing until it tore it in the 2010 ALCS vs Texas, Jeter in 2012 played with ankle injury until he broke it against the Tigers in the ALCS.

First all those guys had already won rings with the Yankees but they kept playing. You get the picture now.
im sorry, but WHAT??!!!

Where were you 17 years ago??

im guessing sent to bed by mommy and daddy long before any baseball game had ended.

After going to the Boone game, I was standing next to Wells at Dorians as he got on top of the bar to pour shots, only to then jump down during "Panama' and sorta come up lame. Then after game 1, I was watching him play pool w/Karim Garcia at 3 in the morning v some buddies when his back sorta gave out at American Trash. David Dellucci mightve been there too, but all the nights sorta run together so who knows. David Cone was playing the role of Whitey in 61* every night, if you know what im talking about, but i dont think you do.

Wells couldnt answer the bell because he was fat, partied too much and likely hurt himself.

at the time, nobody cared because of Boone.

after 04, all 'true Yankee fans' have learned to hate the way we felt in 03.

Last edited:
Buck Showalter nailed it herez
Buck is the best.

last year he joined the Yankee booth for some games and then did studio work during the playoffs.

absolute must see tv.

selfishly i want him to be on YES and nowhere else.

im sorry, but WHAT??!!!

im guessing sent to bed by mommy and daddy long before any baseball game had ended.

After going to the Boone game, I was standing next to Wells at Dorians as he got on top of the bar to pour shots, only to then jump down during "Panama' and sorta come up lame. Then after game 1, I was watching him play pool w/Karim Garcia at 3 in the morning v some buddies when his back sorta gave out at American Trash. David Dellucci mightve been there too, but all the nights sorta run together so who knows. David Cone was playing the role of Whitey in 61* every night, if you know what im talking about, but i dont think you do.

Wells couldnt answer the bell because he was fat, partied too much and likely hurt himself.

Yes I do know what you mean by Whitey and the 61 movie reference. I've seen the movie and I know Yankee History.

im sorry, but WHAT??!!!

Kaiser. That didn't sit well with me what Stanton did. You play even if your tear your calf muscle. We lost game 2 3-2 in extra innings. We lost in 6 games (BTW he also didn't play in game 6) when we lost in extra on the walkoff homerun by Altuve after DJ tied it for us. He could have made a difference all he had to do was hit and run base to base.

Kaiser. That didn't sit well with me what Stanton did. You play even if your tear your calf muscle. We lost game 2 3-2 in extra innings. We lost in 6 games (BTW he also didn't play in game 6) when we lost in extra on the walkoff homerun by Altuve after DJ tied it for us. He could have made a difference all he had to do was hit and run base to base.

Blame your manager then.

“He wants in there. He's wanted in there every game,’’ Boone said. “But this was just my decision I thought this was the best way to go’’ in Game 6.”

everyone knew Stanton was soft before he got here.

sadly, him getting hurt was not breaking news.

i dont think he wouldve made a difference...hes also soft in the head.

only thing i can say for Stanton is...20+ years ago i wouldnt have been drinking with him, only to have him leave town and come back 4 years later and go...i remember you.

everyone knew Stanton was soft before he got here.

sadly, him getting hurt was not breaking news.

i dont think he wouldve made a difference...hes also soft in the head.

only thing i can say for Stanton is...20+ years ago i wouldnt have been drinking with him, only to have him leave town and come back 4 years later and go...i remember you.

Exactly if that's the case. A player like Stanton could have forced his way into the lineup. Hate to go here but Jeter would have to been restrained to keep him out of the lineup in that spot same with Judge.

Exactly if that's the case. A player like Stanton could have forced his way into the lineup. Hate to go here but Jeter would have to been restrained to keep him out of the lineup in that spot same with Judge.
so what happened to Judge??

he begged to not be put on the DL yet there he is.

Stanton is a lot of things, but i cant believe he didnt fight to play.

never heard any different.

Forced his way into the lineup? That’s so stupid. Guy was injured. He tried to play and wasn’t effective. His manager sat him. Go cry.

Last edited:

lol, so ridiculous. Beat it, troll.

lol, so ridiculous. Beat it, troll.

Typical you. Not answering the question just attack me for opinions you dont like. Would Jeter have been in the lineup same spot with same injury ?

Thought so. Btw Judge will be back on Saturday.

Typical you. Not answering the question just attack me for opinions you dont like. Would Jeter have been in the lineup same spot with same injury ?

Thought so. Btw Judge will be back on Saturday.

You didn’t type it in all caps, so I’m not buying that you’re serious.

Dodgers have won 7 in a row. Best record in MLB. I’m glad they sat Mookie out when he was hurt. Came back 100% and has been taking a dump on every pitcher ever since.

Good thing Kershaw didn’t walk out to the mound on opening day anyway and pitch through his back injury. Took the time to get right, and looks healthy and has a 2.65 ERA.

I'm late to the game on this but "baseball's unwritten rules" are right up there on the list of lamest things in sports along with flopping in soccer and that time Brian Kelly killed a kid.

2012 playoffs against the Tigers. Dealing with that ankle injury later part of the season.

All of these guys see the big picture and are obviously much bigger Yankee fans than you are.

All of these guys see the big picture and are obviously much bigger Yankee fans than you are.

I'm a diehard Yankee fan. That just became frustrated with Stanton latest injury when I know others past and present would be playing through same given 60 game season where 1 loss equivalent to 3. That's all.

I'm a diehard Yankee fan. That just became frustrated with Stanton latest injury when I know others past and present would be playing through same given 60 game season where 1 loss equivalent to 3. That's all.

His manager wouldn’t let him play.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom