2020 MLB Season... | Page 41 | Syracusefan.com

2020 MLB Season...

Just tuned in. Mets up 1-0 in the 7th. I know DeGrom must be pitching because of the '0' :) and because of the '1'. :(

Update: the bullpen, of course, blew what became a 3-0 lead with a bases loaded hit batsman and a walk in the 8th. But Conforto hit one into the grass in center field and the Mets won anyway 5-3. But another ND for DeGrom.

Last edited:
Just tuned in. Mets up 1-0 in the 7th. I know DeGrom must be pitching because of the '0' :) and because of the '1'. :(

Since both DeGrom and Cole are pitching tonight, they'll both miss the Yankees-Mets series this weekend.

Not in this day and age.
He could do what Joy Ann Reid did and just say he got hacked and then his homophobia would be excused.

I don’t think he has to get fired.
Disciplined yes but unless there is more I wouldn’t fire him.

I would bet that was his last game with the Reds. It will be difficult for him to ever get another MLB job.

Nah. He’s too old to be tossing that word around like that. And if you do it around a camera or microphone, you’re real dumb and reckless.

the scary part is He knew the rest of the production crew would be cool with him saying that .. forget the hot mic ... he KNEW they were going to hear it

Agree that is not good news for Thom. I really enjoy him as an announcer, but how hard is it to watch your mouth for 3 hours each night? My work day is a lot longe than that. Always assume the mic is on - even I know that by now.
This isn’t the point .. the point is he says this crap to other people he works with ..

This isn’t the point .. the point is he says this crap to other people he works with ..

America is full of people who’ve done wrong, apologized and made amends and didn’t have their lives ruined forever.

Too bad he can’t claim he was hacked. That works for another prominent national media member’s homophobia.

Reds should suspend him for the season, make him legitimately meet with LGBQT+ groups in Cincinnati and actually have to make amends with them. Learn from the situation and if he is good at his job remain.

No excuse - seasoned pro. Grown man. Tossing around a term like that. He should be gone. The HR call showed the sincerity of the apology. Great you're a pro right to the end even when apologizing for getting caught using a derogatory term. Newhouse has 50 kids ready to step in.

You are very right and thanks for calling me out on that. The point isn't the open mic. It's not like he let a profanity slip out or something like that. He said something very hateful.

I contrast that to when Lee Corso used the F word on College Game Day a few years back and then came on later to apologize. He wasn't fired. But that was just a vulgarity, not a slur. Agree that saying it to a live mike was stupid but not as stupid as thinking it.

America is full of people who’ve done wrong, apologized and made amends and didn’t have their lives ruined forever.

Too bad he can’t claim he was hacked. That works for another prominent national media member’s homophobia.

Reds should suspend him for the season, make him legitimately meet with LGBQT+ groups in Cincinnati and actually have to make amends with them. Learn from the situation and if he is good at his job remain.

He should spend some time in KC, too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom