2020 MLB Season... | Page 54 | Syracusefan.com

2020 MLB Season...

Your going to hate me but the reds are a terrible matchup for your Braves. They can't match Bauer and Castillo in the rotation. I like the reds.

I agree, the Reds rotation makes them scary, no question. I was hoping they wouldn’t end up the 8 seed.

Braves lineup is legit.

It’s an interesting matchup.

Your going to hate me but the reds are a terrible matchup for your Braves. They can't match Bauer and Castillo in the rotation. I like the reds.

I don't disagree. That was a homer pick. I just can't pick the Braves to lose another playoff series. But it will be interesting to see how the Braves do with hitting strength instead of starting pitching strength for once.

How the marlins made the marlins made the playoffs is beyond me. Watched them play probably 20 times and really makes no sense how they win . But the same can be said of the Rays.. They have some solid pitching but little else. Reds went from beyond out of it to in in about 2 weeks because .500 was reachable for any team that played 10 games of good ball. Cubs have done nothing for the last 6 weeks. Cards stumbled around all yr but found a way to get in and so did the Brewers . Yankees in a full season might have played their way out of it but they homer enough to be a tough out.

How the marlins made the marlins made the playoffs is beyond me. Watched them play probably 20 times and really makes no sense how they win . But the same can be said of the Rays.. They have some solid pitching but little else. Reds went from beyond out of it to in in about 2 weeks because .500 was reachable for any team that played 10 games of good ball. Cubs have done nothing for the last 6 weeks. Cards stumbled around all yr but found a way to get in and so did the Brewers . Yankees in a full season might have played their way out of it but they homer enough to be a tough out.
The Rays have had somewhere between the third and eighth best pitching this season, depending on how one measures it. They are also top-ten in offense.

The Marlins are just a product of the randomness of baseball in a small sample.

Last edited:
This playoff format was too much "everybody gets to play" as my initial impression but now I'm looking forward to watching all the series. Still not sure I want this format permanently though.

This playoff format was too much "everybody gets to play" as my initial impression but now I'm looking forward to watching all the series. Still not sure I want this format permanently though.
If you play 162 then finishing 2nd place shouldn’t automatically get you into the playoffs.

Again for this season it was fair because all teams that were worthy made the playoffs.
Since it was only 60 games it’s all good.

It sucks for a team like Atlanta though. I wouldn’t want to face Trevor Bauer in a 3 game play in series. Fried though isn’t a bum so they can beat him.

I think the NL will keep the DH but this 16 team playoff won’t last.

10 is the perfect number. It rewards winning the division and gives teams a chance still.

If you play 162 then finishing 2nd place shouldn’t automatically get you into the playoffs.

Again for this season it was fair because all teams that were worthy made the playoffs.
Since it was only 60 games it’s all good.

It sucks for a team like Atlanta though. I wouldn’t want to face Trevor Bauer in a 3 game play in series. Fried though isn’t a bum so they can beat him.

I think the NL will keep the DH but this 16 team playoff won’t last.

10 is the perfect number. It rewards winning the division and gives teams a chance still.
I like 10, or 12. If it’s 10, it needs at least best of 3 in wildcard.

Agreed. With such a short season, it’s really not “legit” for determining who deserves to make the playoffs...so I’m fine with letting more teams in.

But they better not even think of keeping it like this. It will make the marathon 162 game season so much less important. Fans of good teams would have no reason to pay attention until the playoffs.

Im good with 4 per league. 3 division winners and 1 wild card.
I like 5 for this reason.
In the mid 2000s Boston and New York were wagons and the Red Sox didn’t try as hard to win the division down the stretch because they liked playing the Angels and the Yankees liked playing the Twins.

If there was a play-in instead of the wildcard just getting in both teams try harder to win the division.

The play-in is a great addition 8 to 10 is perfect. It rewards winning the division.

I like 5 for this reason.
In the mid 2000s Boston and New York were wagons and the Red Sox didn’t try as hard to win the division down the stretch because they liked playing the Angels and the Yankees liked playing the Twins.

If there was a play-in instead of the wildcard just getting in both teams try harder to win the division.

The play-in is a great addition 8 to 10 is perfect. It rewards winning the division.

I remember back in 96 when the Dodgers “didn’t care who they played in the playoffs” and rested all their guys for the last series and got swept - dropping them to the wildcard...where they got stomped by the juggernaut Braves. SMH, so dumb.

I know Adam Eaton is a nice player and they won a title but they have to be sick over trading Gioloito.
Both Boston and Washington wanted Chris Sale.
The Boston package was led by Joan Moncada and the Washington package was led by Lucas Giolito.
Boston won the battle for Sale and then Washington traded Giolito for Adam Eaton.
It was one of the dumbest trades in recent memory.
I have Giolito on my fantasy team in my dynasty league and couldn’t believe that trade. He had been roughed up a couple of times for the Nats but he was a top 5 prospect in all of baseball.

If I was offered that deal in my fantasy league at the time it likely gets vetoed.

I understand the Twins are playoff garbage vs. NYY, but could the Twinkies please eliminate Houston?

Maeda did his part. Maybe they pulled him too soon?

I’m still bitter that Roberts opted for Kershaw out of the bullpen instead of Maeda in game 5 against Washington last year. Maeda was lights out in the pen last year and came in and struck out the side after Kershaw gave up the tying homer.

If we win that game, I think we win it all. That Kershaw over Maeda move cost us a title.

Maeda did his part. Maybe they pulled him too soon?

I’m still bitter that Roberts opted for Kershaw out of the bullpen instead of Maeda in game 5 against Washington last year. Maeda was lights out in the pen last year and came in and struck out the side after Kershaw gave up the tying homer.

If we win that game, I think we win it all. That Kershaw over Maeda move cost us a title.
Believe me as a Met fan I'm bitter too.

Jorge Luis Pacheco Polanco just blew that game for the Twins.

So it’s going to be Yankees-Rays in San Diego.
After 1 inning?! Indians are really tough, as someone who lives in Akron I hated this draw and still do

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom