2020 MLB Season... | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

2020 MLB Season...

I don't know what is in the agreement, but eliminating a team from competition doesn't feel right to me. If the Marlins do forfeit the rest of the season, I think all of the players on the roster need to get paid for the entire season. It is not their fault that MLB did not create a safe environment in which they could play.

There were many voices out there saying that. Greed is much louder.

There were also many who wanted a bubble but the players voted against it. They wanted freedom and they got it. Look what happened.

I don't know what is in the agreement, but eliminating a team from competition doesn't feel right to me. If the Marlins do forfeit the rest of the season, I think all of the players on the roster need to get paid for the entire season. It is not their fault that MLB did not create a safe environment in which they could play.

Arizona was proposed. They said no.

Eliminate the Red Sox and Marlins and just continue the 2020 season.

Fair solution.

And the NFL didn’t even try. There’s no way that season happens. Or college football.

There were also many who wanted a bubble but the players voted against it. They wanted freedom and they got it. Look what happened.
A bubble for a 60 game regular season with 30 teams does not feel as realistic as what the NBA is doing.

How many players are in reserve at the training site? They had to know that this Virus running through a team would be a strong possibility. Would think they’d already planned what to do.

Play without the Marlins if need be. They werent winning anything this year. Not fair to the rest of the teams and their fans who could win a world series.
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

A bubble for a 60 game regular season with 30 teams does not feel as realistic as what the NBA is doing.

Yeah. With more teams and bigger rosters they would’ve had to do what the NHL is doing with two bubbles, and arrange the schedule based on that. Maybe even 3 bubbles.

That state is a complete menace in all regards.

Agree. Seems like we should trade them to another country for a player to be named later or something.

Yeah. With more teams and bigger rosters they would’ve had to do what the NHL is doing with two bubbles, and arrange the schedule based on that. Maybe even 3 bubbles.

Arizona has the infrastructure for it. The players said no. There are 11 fields. Could have split the teams up b/w Phoenix and Glendale if they wanted to.

I cannot imagine how intense this meeting likely is considering the crazy opening day ratings
The arrogance of the leadership of baseball deserves this.
They are more interested in beating each other in negotiations than making the sport better.

The NFL is going to spend a chit load more on testing and make sure their players aren’t allowed to take out the season.
College football is done.

I’ve not been more on edge about a decision since the night Iran retaliated with missiles (before further reports were shared).

I feel selfish and pathetic haha

Arizona has the infrastructure for it. The players said no. There are 11 fields. Could have split the teams up b/w Phoenix and Glendale if they wanted to.
Arizona is a great place to play baseball outdoors in July and August.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom