2020 MLB Season... | Page 81 | Syracusefan.com

2020 MLB Season...

"superspreading event" is loose descriptor with no scientifically agreed upon actual definition, and the rough set of descriptors assigned to it are very technical in nature.

in the case of the press, the term is simply used as a rhetorical weapon used to gore whatever ox someone wants to target, and ms. apstein wielded it as unthinkingly as most media members do
Weird that I never heard the term applied to the massive protests this summer

It had nothing to do with the Yankees not being as good as the Rays.

Let me explain something to you once and for all. We lost Stanton, Judge (twice), DJ, Gleyber, Gio, Hicks, Kahnle (for the season), Severino (for the season), Paxton. With out a doubt affected our regular season performance.

Then come the post season. We had no Paxton, Severino and Kahnle still. That's our number 2 and 3 starters. And our key reliever.

Rays owned them this year. Not even close.

Yanks obviously have some great pieces. Next few years could have some fun AL East races and playoff battles there.
If Morton comes back, I think the Rays should be favored, regardless of what Las Vegas says.

Let me explain something to you once and for all. We lost Stanton, Judge (twice), DJ, Gleyber, Gio, Hicks, Kahnle (for the season), Severino (for the season), Paxton. With out a doubt affected our regular season performance.

Then come the post season. We had no Paxton, Severino and Kahnle still. That's our number 2 and 3 starters. And our key reliever.

“Once and for all”...lol, yeah right. You’ll be repeating yourself while fighting back tears that everybody is blowing you off and laughing at you, for years.

You were still pretty confident they were going to win... and now come the excuses. Sad!

You know the Yankees' roster. Not so much the Rays'. They lost 5 arms that they were counting on--for basically the whole season.

The Dodgers were healthy because their players have more heart and toughness. JT even won a championship with COVID. So gritty. DL Yanks are soft.

major sports championships 3 - chicken little shut it all down 0

I don't think there were that many that said shutdown once they started to comprehend the plans and see them in action. Do things right and we can work through this with some things being lost, and that is what the major sports have accomplished. I think they have been a great example -- all of the sports in how we can move forward with some things in our lives.

Not sure if your comment is a dem-repub thing... if that is where you are aiming it is a swing and miss. Because the major sports followed the democrat model for moving forward. The Trump model (no testing, large crowds with no distancing) would have been chaos.

I don't think there were that many that said shutdown once they started to comprehend the plans and see them in action. Do things right and we can work through this with some things being lost, and that is what the major sports have accomplished. I think they have been a great example -- all of the sports in how we can move forward with some things in our lives.

Not sure if your comment is a dem-repub thing... if that is where you are aiming it is a swing and miss. Because the major sports followed the democrat model for moving forward. The Trump model (no testing, large crowds with no distancing) would have been chaos.
it wasnt a dem-repub thing.

and thats not the Trump model.

You know the Yankees' roster. Not so much the Rays'. They lost 5 arms that they were counting on--for basically the whole season.

We can't easily replace Severino, Paxton, and Kahnle. Same with the guys we lost during the season.
When we shop at Tiffany's and the Ray's shop at Walmart. I have no respect for how they build their team. I have no respect for team from their classless manager to the clowns like Adames, Choi, and Brousseau.

Fair enough.

Now picture this. It's an early April Monday night. SU's hoops team is battling in the championship game. Three quarters of the way through the second half, the SU AD pulls Coach Boeheim out of a timeout and tells him his test has come back as positive and he needs to immediately leave the game and quarantine. SU wins it all. Are you really not letting JB come back out to share in that One Shining Moment?

Yes - I would be very upset if JB did the same BS move.

1. It's a national event and you are a prominent person, a pseudo leader in a way -- understand the bad example you are setting.
2. MInimal or not, let's not leave it to people to assess risk once they have tested positive. You are positive, you quarantine end of story.
3. It tarnishes the great legacy of Jim Boeheim.
4. Most importantly, It takes away a lot of attention from the great accomplishment and attention that the Syracuse players should be getting.

Instead of bragging to my friends who know I am a Cuse fan, I would need to be on the defensive because of what JB did.

This is all I hypothetical, because I am sure JB would not do this.

I will create another hypothetical. As some may know I am a huge golf fan, and very supportive of the Canadian crew.

Let's say that Adam Hadwin is in the final two groups of the Masters on final round Sunday this year. He has some clear symptoms when he wakes up Sunday morning, and gets tested. He has to withdraw -- I would agree its unfortunate, but I would not start arguing the risk of him playing with Covid is minimal and that he should be allowed to play.

We can't easily replace Severino, Paxton, and Kahnle. Same with the guys we lost during the season.
When we shop at Tiffany's and the Ray's shop at Walmart. I have no respect for how they build their team. I have no respect for team from their classless manager to the clowns like Adames, Choi, and Brousseau.
You lost. Injuries happen. Good teams overcome them.

Suck it up, Buttercup.

Who cares about kahnle or Paxton? The other guys you had everyone else for the alds and still lost.

i won't be surprised if they make a serious run at trevor bauer and roll out buehler/bauer/kershaw/price as their core rotation

their greatest need is closer, and there isn't a better option than urias on the market

I don't think the greatest need for anybody is a "closer" at this point at least not in the traditional manner. You just need to add quality relief arms so you can piece them together. Closer or not, I agree that Urias is part of the solution.

Part of finding a good relief corps is finding the proper guys on the trash heap or lower tier prospect pool. The Rays have done that very well. And I suspect the Dodgers who have that similar ability will do so as well.

Last edited:

The Rays were 96-66 last season. You keep acting as if this is some sort of one off for them.

They are a great organization. The only thing they need to re-evaluate is the early pull of starters from time to time.

it wasnt a dem-repub thing.

and thats not the Trump model.

Fair enough on the first point.

On the second point-- your right, I forgot that the Trump model is one of proper testing protocol, ensuring distancing, risk assessment and limiting crowds. And generally good leadership at the top in all those regards.

OK, folks. Let's not turn this into a political thread (hint hint).

Take it somewhere else. Thanks.

California wins. Florida loses. Nice.
1603921739374.png

My conspiracy theory regarding Turner is they knew he was positive well before the game but MLB and the two teams agreed to keep it under wraps for this game lest neither team get a shot at winning . Dodgers agreed to remove him if they got a lead .. otherwise him not being in there from the beginning would have raised suspicions

The “book” doesn’t even support the move .. Betts has been quite bad vs lefties all year and destroyed RHP ... and Anderson has been getting lit up recently ..

The “eye test” doesn’t support the move either ...

So the only metric he was using was a preordained one ... and that requires zero intuition .. why even have managers ?

that's the kind of crap Cashman and the nerds in the tunnel order Boone to do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom