2020 MLB Season... | Page 82 | Syracusefan.com

2020 MLB Season...

?? How about letting Pedro go out for another inning after he threw 100 pitches and shook hands with all of his teammates thinking he was out of the game?

and in the relative analytic stone age there was a large sample size of Pedro falling off the cliff after that high a pitch count

a team being so stubborn that they could not piece two hits in a row together all series, not trying to take advantage of the shift. What's the insanity definition of doing the same ineffective thing over and over.

you just described the Yankee offense, besides DJ

My reaction to the World Series, (strictly on the field):

I was rooting for the Rays because they’ve never won. But I have a rule that if a legendary franchise hasn’t won in a generation, I don’t resent them winning because a generation of their fans have grown up hearing of the glorious history of their team but never being able to enjoy it for themselves. This added to the list of franchises that haven’t won in at elast a generatio n since the Red Sox broke through in 2004:

2004 Red Sox 86 years

2005 White Sox 88 years

2006 Cardinals 24 years

2008 Phillies 28 years

2010 Giants 56 years

2015 Royals 30 years

2016 Cubs 108 years

2017 Astros 55 years

2019 (Expos)Nationals – the franchise’s first title in 50 years, the city’s in 95 years

2020 Dodgers 32 years

I was glad the two teams with the best records faced each other in the final. the dodgers will be viewed as a legitimate champion. if the 29-31 Astros had won, that would not have bene the case. I think MLB dodged a bullet with their unwise extension of the playoffs to a best of three first round for 16 teams.

One other note: They say that the ‘metrics’ support not letting a pitcher who has bene dominant go through the line-up for a third time or they might not be so dominant but what do the metrics show about a guy coming out of the bullpen and being as dominant? Why are managers afraid of leaving a pitcher in too long but they aren’t afraid of bringing in an unknown quantity from the bullpen? It makes no sense to me

Also I've yet to hear the pen loving nerds explain away the fact that the batters get more chances to see the same bullpen guys over a long series the pitcher's effectiveness gets reduced.

Yes - I would be very upset if JB did the same BS move.

1. It's a national event and you are a prominent person, a pseudo leader in a way -- understand the bad example you are setting.
2. MInimal or not, let's not leave it to people to assess risk once they have tested positive. You are positive, you quarantine end of story.
3. It tarnishes the great legacy of Jim Boeheim.
4. Most importantly, It takes away a lot of attention from the great accomplishment and attention that the Syracuse players should be getting.

Instead of bragging to my friends who know I am a Cuse fan, I would need to be on the defensive because of what JB did.

This is all I hypothetical, because I am sure JB would not do this.

I will create another hypothetical. As some may know I am a huge golf fan, and very supportive of the Canadian crew.

Let's say that Adam Hadwin is in the final two groups of the Masters on final round Sunday this year. He has some clear symptoms when he wakes up Sunday morning, and gets tested. He has to withdraw -- I would agree its unfortunate, but I would not start arguing the risk of him playing with Covid is minimal and that he should be allowed to play.
All fair. Appreciate your per

Pretty sure he had trouble relating to younger players a decade ago.
He has a very good team. Also saw Brad Hand was out and out released by the Indians. Amazing. And I expect to see more of that. I would love for the Red Sox to sign him. 1 yr at 10 million for a good closer doesn't seem too bad to me.

Tony La Russa to the White Sox.
Lol wow.
The white Sox only have one the of most exciting young cores in baseball and Reinsdorf hires a salty no nonsense old school manager.
It’s an awful fit.

If LaRussa fires Don Cooper for his guy Dave Duncan I would want my team to hire him.
LaRussa better be okay with Tim Anderson bat flipping.

LaRussa was a good manager don’t think he is the guy for that team.

Lol wow.
The white Sox only have one the of most exciting young cores in baseball and Reinsdorf hires a salty no nonsense old school manager.
It’s an awful fit.

If LaRussa fires Don Cooper for his guy Dave Duncan I would want my team to hire him.

isnt he already in the HOF?

unprecedented?

Tony La Russa to the White Sox.

Great manager but the length of White Sox games will go up. Actually I guess they have somewhat limited the number of pitching changes he can make.

Lol wow.
It’s an awful fit.

It's very odd he's old enough to be the entire teams grandfather's.

Joe Gibbs coached the Washington Football team in 2006-2008 after being inducted into the Pro football HOF.

For baseball it will be unprecedented.
Jim Palmer tried a comeback as a hof player, but never made it back to the majors.

There is no more whiny media group than baseball media.
The BBWAA are so full of themselves and their importance to the sport of baseball.
Somebody tell John Heyman to cry more.
LaRussa is a horrible fit but the idea the BBWAA even cares about that is sad and funny.
LaRussa is a HOF manager even if he craps the bed with the White Sox.

One of the biggest cheaters in MLB history gets a job and the players linked to the scandal are still blackballed.

There is no more whiny media group than baseball media.
The BBWAA are so full of themselves and their importance to the sport of baseball.
Somebody tell John Heyman to cry more.
LaRussa is a horrible fit but the idea the BBWAA even cares about that is sad and funny.
LaRussa is a HOF manager even if he craps the bed with the White Sox.

JB is in the basketball HOF but he's still coaching. And about to turn 77. if he's already achieved what was necessary to get him into the HOF, what's the problem? A post HOF scandal could happen even in retirement, (OJ, Billy Cannon, etc.), and those never result in their plaques being taken down.

Last edited:
The NL always benefits when the Mets are strong. I hope this helps them get it together.
tim kurkjian said last night that cohen has no intention of playing 2nd fiddle to the yankees.
rumors of various strength have the mets making strong bids for springer, realmuto and bauer

2020 pitching ninja awards
first honor: most dominant inning
it could be nobody else:

So the fired White Sox manager is a finalist for manager of the year ... how stupid is Reinsdorf? He’s got a team full of young / brash Latin stars and he dumps renteria for a sarcophagus who has been on record as basically hating everything his players like to do ..

Wow - in other interesting managing moves. Red Sox are bringing back Alex Cora.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom