2020 MLB Season... | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

2020 MLB Season...

1595865067321.png

MLB was a terrible plan as compared to the NBA or NHL. Let's let these guys fly all over and stay in these hotels. After one series games are already postponed. Terrible.
They had too much faith in the idea that if one is tested everyday, one will never spread the virus.

NBA and NHL are the only 2 sports who seem to know What they are doing. Baseball could have started a month ago if they did a tight bubble and likely could have finished the season.

Probably would have needed three separate bubble locations - 10 teams each. With the number of players on the roster, they would have needed more hotels than the NBA as well. It’s possible they could have done it but then other issues would have arisen as well, such as letting family members into the bubble. I know in the NBA, family can come in eventually after some teams are eliminated but no MLB teams would be eliminated for months. I agree a bubble is the best bet, but definitely harder to implement with MLB and a longer season.

Probably would have needed three separate bubble locations - 10 teams each. With the number of players on the roster, they would have needed more hotels than the NBA as well. It’s possible they could have done it but then other issues would have arisen as well, such as letting family members into the bubble. I know in the NBA, family can come in eventually after some teams are eliminated but no MLB teams would be eliminated for months. I agree a bubble is the best bet, but definitely harder to implement with MLB and a longer season.

Yeah, 5 months of bubble for the playoff teams, which is a lot of them. Plus instead of going home to their families (well some of them) it's a lot more free time on the road. They would likely have gotten far less buy in. Not quite as easy as it sounds.

there is also a lag between exposed and able to spread, by the time you spread you can bet tested properly.

there is also a lag between exposed and able to spread, by the time you spread you can bet tested properly.
What went wrong then? Can we assume that each of these guys was not infected by a teammate?

Yeah, 5 months of bubble for the playoff teams, which is a lot of them. Plus instead of going home to their families (well some of them) it's a lot more free time on the road. They would likely have gotten far less buy in. Not quite as easy as it sounds.
Pay me 5 million bucks. I'll buy into it and switch jobs with them. See if they could handle the stress of a real job.

players didnt want to get tested that often. so its not daily. if they did pool testing with a lab they could do pools of players and get tested twice a day with saliva and then only when a pool had issues would they need to do the more evasive testing

players didnt want to get tested that often. so its not daily. if they did pool testing with a lab they could do pools of players and get tested twice a day with saliva and then only when a pool had issues would they need to do the more evasive testing
Oh, I thought it was daily.

The players are all about safety as long as its not about them doing safe things. It does make you wonder where they were to spread it because obviously someone wasnt wearing a mask or multiple someones and you can see in the dugouts they are not being safe. I dont think many plays on the field are an issue

The players are all about safety as long as its not about them doing safe things. It does make you wonder where they were to spread it because obviously someone wasnt wearing a mask or multiple someones and you can see in the dugouts they are not being safe. I dont think many plays on the field are an issue

players are FOS. im sure player indiscriminate behavior lead to the outbreak in the first place.

moreover, the players VOTED to continue playing in Philly during a team meeting held AFTER positive tests were revealed. So the players voted to put each other at risk after they knew their teammates had tested positive. Im not sure how that is on Manfred.

While this is a set back, did anyone think this wasn't going to happen? Are we just going to cancel the season because a bunch of players on a team tested positive? there was a 100 percent chance this was going to happen.

you put in the noninfected dudes and you play or you go home. anyone not comfortable playing is free to leave. if you stay, don't behave like a jack ass and put others at risk.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom