2020 MLB Season... | Page 78 | Syracusefan.com

2020 MLB Season...

Asterisk championship.
giphy.gif

By 2022, I will remember more about the Dodgers 1988 World Series win then the Dodgers 2020 World Series win.

In my 40's, I basically remember nothing that happened in the last 10 years of sports -- without much detail. But I still remember things from the 80's when I had no responsibility with fairly significant details

From the 1988 World Series, I still remember Gibson's HR of course, Orel Herchiser who had an epic season and shutout streak, and even a nobody like Mickey Hatcher who stepped up because of all the injuries. Also remember a guy like Mike Davis who was good with the A's. sucked with the dodgers but contributed in the World Series. Overall, without Gibson and the other injuries, the Dodgers may have had the worst lineup ever in the World Series. Off the top of my head I think the other players on the Dodgers were Scioscia, Dempsey, Marshall, Shelby, Sharperson, Sax, Duncan?

By 2022 I will struggle to remember who played the infield for the Dodgers this year.

And the Leafs have still not won since 1967.

Glad too see the little engine that could run out of steam. Dodgers exposed them.

Well the Dodgers were the best team. Congrats dw.

The Dodgers inherently have some advantages in building their team, but they have done a tremendous job in building this up. Great farm system and constant flow of players (used for the team and through trades), good analytics, and done a good job of finding players on the "relative" trash heap -- guys like Turner, Muncy, Taylor.

They tried to "buy" their way to the top a handful of years ago (Gonzalez trade and a few others IIRC), but they have now added to that by doing everything a smaller market team has to do succeed. And that is why they win,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom