2020 Transfer Thread

sholokov2

Scout Team
Yep.Unusual year. Some players would never have been drafted by MLL and PLL in other years but were high draft picks because they signaled they were ready to move on backed by knowledge that they had limited options. That is why I labeled these drafts farcial. Next year will be loaded with available 5 year talent that no longer have the option of returning to college
I believe we are all denying the impact of the virus on individuals and sports themselves. Are the MLL and PLL going to play at all? Are colleges less likely to allow intercollegiate sports than in other years. The virus has enormous impact on everyone, psychologically, physically, economically. New York downstate is the center of destruction. Upstate is not as effected, but must be a consideration for some recruits and transfers. Insecurity, anxiety, and fear all can lead to impulsive decision making and action. No one, not one expert, not one politician can predict where or when or to what degree this virus will strike. It is a brutal insidious disease. Viruses can lay low, mutate, hide in cells and then explode with even greater force after months of declining infections. The number of transfers if it is higher than usual seems to me a picture of jittery at times poorly reasoned almost desperate behavior. Not everyone certainly, but some seem inexplicable.

If I were coaching, I would concentrate on planning for a truncated season and especially for the following season, 2022. For example, how does the addition of a 5th year transfer make sense when there may be no season at all?

SkyTopBus44

2nd String
If I were coaching, I would concentrate on planning for a truncated season and especially for the following season, 2022. For example, how does the addition of a 5th year transfer make sense when there may be no season at all?
If there is no season in 2021and we are talking 2022 there will be much bigger issues than lacrosse rosters.

Whitey23

Twitter Wizard
2014 Graduates HS
2015 Injured at Roger Morris
2016 Injured at Roger Morris
2017 played 16 games at Roger Morris
2018 played 18 games at Roger Morris (61 points)
2019 played 6 games at Utah (21 Points)
2020 intends to play to Roger Morris

Legend

4evaOrange

Anna Kendricks boyfriend.
2014 Graduates HS
2015 Injured at Roger Morris
2016 Injured at Roger Morris
2017 played 16 games at Roger Morris
2018 played 18 games at Roger Morris (61 points)
2019 played 6 games at Utah (21 Points)
2020 intends to play to Roger Morris

Legend
Van Wilder you say...

Powellfan

Starter
I think that speaks to the lack of interest he probably found from other coaches/programs.
Yeah, if this is the case I am wondering how much more of this we will see. Seems like there was a steady stream of commitments once Sowers decided on Duke, but this week, end of last has been pretty quiet. Curious what the hold up is?

Still a good amount of talent out there, including Sundown, Skidders, Adler, McCarthy, Nick Hapney, Yorke, Justin Scott, Petkevich, Phil Robertson, Kirson, Xander Dickson, Szuluk, Stopak, etc. Not to mention the Syracuse guys still in the portal.

Powellfan

Starter
According to Adler's brother, he is Duke bound. Would give the Blue Devils quite a haul in the transfer market.

Powellfan

Starter
At some point something has to give there. There is only so much scholarship $ and PT available. Ridiculous
Yup. Over on fanlax someone is saying that the older Robertson brother from Princeton is also transferring to Duke. His brother plays there and he'd be joining former teammate Sowers, but, they were already going to struggle to get everyone on the field as is. Ridiculous seems like an understatement.

JeremyCuse

Living Legend
Yup. Over on fanlax someone is saying that the older Robertson brother from Princeton is also transferring to Duke. His brother plays there and he'd be joining former teammate Sowers, but, they were already going to struggle to get everyone on the field as is. Ridiculous seems like an understatement.
Maybe not this year but next summer there is going to be an exodus, no way to get PT to all these guys as Danowski likes to only really play a core group like our own JB. No way can all of these guys get on the field.

durhamcuse

Walk On
Kind of like Duke recruiting every year. They picked up 1, 4, and 7 on the transfer portal recruiting trail. Still, just like this season didn't really happen, I suspect next season won't happen. Then, this will all be one big mess.

JeremyCuse

Living Legend
Duke should be the odds on favorite heading into 2021 season.
Can't argue that with what they have done, unreal. At this point I am waiting for Trimboli and Epstein to announce their transferring to Duke. There has to be several upperclassmen at Duke not returning next year who haven't announced yet, there going to have 30 attackmen on the roster.

durhamcuse

Walk On
Can't argue that with what they have done, unreal. At this point I am waiting for Trimboli and Epstein to announce their transferring to Duke. There has to be several upperclassmen at Duke not returning next year who haven't announced yet, there going to have 30 attackmen on the roster.
Still. This is not the worst problem to have. And, they ran pretty deep during their last couple of title runs.

Laxatively

Walk On
While I'm not happy about all the Duke additions, the pressure will now be on them big time. If Adler is truly going there, could shore up a weakness (relative to Cuse and Virginia goalies) for them no doubt - however, Adler has played two and a half years for ST. Joes' and has not been tested under pressure in the big leagues so jury is out! I think Kirson would have been a better bet given his time in the BIG10.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom