2020 Transfer Thread | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

2020 Transfer Thread

Kind of like Duke recruiting every year. They picked up 1, 4, and 7 on the transfer portal recruiting trail. Still, just like this season didn't really happen, I suspect next season won't happen. Then, this will all be one big mess.

Duke should be the odds on favorite heading into 2021 season.

Can't argue that with what they have done, unreal. At this point I am waiting for Trimboli and Epstein to announce their transferring to Duke. There has to be several upperclassmen at Duke not returning next year who haven't announced yet, there going to have 30 attackmen on the roster.

Can't argue that with what they have done, unreal. At this point I am waiting for Trimboli and Epstein to announce their transferring to Duke. There has to be several upperclassmen at Duke not returning next year who haven't announced yet, there going to have 30 attackmen on the roster.
Still. This is not the worst problem to have. And, they ran pretty deep during their last couple of title runs.

While I'm not happy about all the Duke additions, the pressure will now be on them big time. If Adler is truly going there, could shore up a weakness (relative to Cuse and Virginia goalies) for them no doubt - however, Adler has played two and a half years for ST. Joes' and has not been tested under pressure in the big leagues so jury is out! I think Kirson would have been a better bet given his time in the BIG10.

Duke, Maryland, ND, JHU, OSU, Denver n even UVA finding ways

At least Cuse has had a better offseason than Yale or Princeton.

I have to imagine Duke has a chemistry issue on this team. Guys that started last year won’t this year. Their Coach is basically saying my team isn’t good enough I’m going to bring in a whole new one. I think there is something to be said for chemistry. I know we had to bring in some defense and the one guys brother will be on the team so that helps. I think it would be best to stop here. The best teams are talented for sure, but what usually makes a great team is a bunch of guys who love to play together. We have that now, I don’t want to risk that for a fringe offensive starter.

I have to imagine Duke has a chemistry issue on this team. Guys that started last year won’t this year. Their Coach is basically saying my team isn’t good enough I’m going to bring in a whole new one. I think there is something to be said for chemistry. I know we had to bring in some defense and the one guys brother will be on the team so that helps. I think it would be best to stop here. The best teams are talented for sure, but what usually makes a great team is a bunch of guys who love to play together. We have that now, I don’t want to risk that for a fringe offensive starter.
Disagree. He has done well with a loaded roster of talent before. They all seem like good character kids, as well.

Did the Kims and the other Cuse guys in the portal find new schools yet? Besides Fernandez, obviously.

It is certainly a balancing act. Not sure what Duke's plan is for next year, but it should be interesting. Obviously any team would take Sowers, but the Robertson addition is a bit head scratching, unless he is fine just to hang out with his brother and former teammate for a year. Didn't watch any Blue Devil games last year, but think their attack was Williams, Basile and Manown? With Carpenter rotating in? And now they add FOUR more starting level attackmen to the equation. Joe Robertson returns from injury, but still. Maybe Manown and Carpenter weren't going to come back, but not sure how they see the field after this.

I think things might look like this - starters are J. Robertson, Sowers and Williams, with O'Neill as a midfielder, and P. Robertson on man-up? Still not sure where that leaves Basile, not to mention Manown and Carpenter. The midfield is stacked as well with Montgomery, Ledmon, Badour and Caputo. Yikes. One point - besides O'Neill they don't bring in any other attackmen as freshmen, and only have two committed the following year (one ranked 59 in IL, the other not-ranked). So maybe Danowksi doesn't see an impact on recruiting?

Transfers are a tough thing, there are certainly no brainers that SU has taken over the years, Scanlan obviously comes to mind, but I think its up to the coach to decide if he thinks the team can accept a new player. It's kind of strange to slam the door on offensive transfers right now, seeing how many players SU have in the transfer portal right now. But Desko has a full recruiting class coming in the fall and the transfers might be a good thing in the long run, as it helps him pair down the roster to be more manageable, with the seniors returning. Sundown, Dickson and Yorke still intrigue me, but I can see Desko shying away right now. Guess it depends on how much faith he has in players to replace Lipka.

Firepower of Duke and some other top contenders has been strengthened by top ten grad transers, bit envious and frustrated that some teams that were behind Cuse in 2020 have likely leapfrogged them.

Danowski is saying the future is now. Same with Tillman. Cuse has shown restraint , made pitch to Sowers but now riding on best of show from Refhus, Hiltz and Cook. Temptations to upgrade firepower are still out there but believe only Teat becoming available would make Cuse reconsider the path they have chosen.

It is certainly a balancing act. Not sure what Duke's plan is for next year, but it should be interesting. Obviously any team would take Sowers, but the Robertson addition is a bit head scratching, unless he is fine just to hang out with his brother and former teammate for a year. Didn't watch any Blue Devil games last year, but think their attack was Williams, Basile and Manown? With Carpenter rotating in? And now they add FOUR more starting level attackmen to the equation. Joe Robertson returns from injury, but still. Maybe Manown and Carpenter weren't going to come back, but not sure how they see the field after this.

I think things might look like this - starters are J. Robertson, Sowers and Williams, with O'Neill as a midfielder, and P. Robertson on man-up? Still not sure where that leaves Basile, not to mention Manown and Carpenter. The midfield is stacked as well with Montgomery, Ledmon, Badour and Caputo. Yikes. One point - besides O'Neill they don't bring in any other attackmen as freshmen, and only have two committed the following year (one ranked 59 in IL, the other not-ranked). So maybe Danowksi doesn't see an impact on recruiting?

Transfers are a tough thing, there are certainly no brainers that SU has taken over the years, Scanlan obviously comes to mind, but I think its up to the coach to decide if he thinks the team can accept a new player. It's kind of strange to slam the door on offensive transfers right now, seeing how many players SU have in the transfer portal right now. But Desko has a full recruiting class coming in the fall and the transfers might be a good thing in the long run, as it helps him pair down the roster to be more manageable, with the seniors returning. Sundown, Dickson and Yorke still intrigue me, but I can see Desko shying away right now. Guess it depends on how much faith he has in players to replace Lipka.
You make good points but do any of those 3 ( I personally haven’t seen any of their games ) make more sense than the players we have? My thoughts are this Desko is going to play the best midfield line in the country 75% of the time. Our second line has a really good player in Buttemore and after him young interesting options. Then our attack has Hiltz coming in to most likely start. In my opinion Sowers and the kid from Yale move the needle. Admittedly I have watched many of their games and none of the 3 you mentioned. So do any of those 3 move the needle or are we risking chemistry and taking PT away from Hiltz / Rice or a second line middie for guys that won’t have a big impact on our season next year and the future. The Culver kids our future. We forget we were the best team last year and almost everyone is back. I just think develop the guys we have, cuz they’re good players.

That's unfortunately a excellent addition by ND that fortifies their attack.

Not sure if graduating Willets is returning or not but either way Corrigan now has a strong attack with Kavanaugh, Yorke, Westlin and Morin with Taylor in wait.

no longer 5th of 5

Did the Kims and the other Cuse guys in the portal find new schools yet? Besides Fernandez, obviously.

I hear the Kims are heading to Rutgers ..haven’t heard about Lipka but rumored to be looking at Georgetown ..no word on Strang or Nelson

I hear the Kims are heading to Rutgers ..haven’t heard about Lipka but rumored to be looking at Georgetown ..no word on Strang or Nelson

Always thought Rutty was where they would end up. To bad, good players but just ran into some ridiculous depth here. As IT said its really to bad

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom