2020 Transfer Thread | Page 30 | Syracusefan.com

2020 Transfer Thread

So what does this mean? Are they coaching, playing club ball for Team91 for a tournament, or what?

Gomez played for team 91 in High School and has now transferred to Lehigh, joining several former Team 91 guys also at Lehigh.

Not totally surprising but kind of weird to only hear about it now. He would still be fighting for one or two spots with about 6 other guys and I could easily see Tenaglia or Hiltz swooping in and taking them next year.

Your thinking of the Fiorini from BVille, this is the Fiorini from Maine, he was way way down the depth chart.

Your thinking of the Fiorini from BVille, this is the Fiorini from Maine, he was way way down the depth chart.
My mistake! He's the extremely tall guy right? Thought he graduated already actually

My mistake! He's the extremely tall guy right? Thought he graduated already actually

He missed 2019 with a broken arm, or something like that. Only played against Bingo last year.

Believe Cuse roster including 20' class is only at 56 after all the incoming and outgoing. That is a manageable number these days compared to some given the backlog created by additional year of eligibility.

Believe Cuse roster including 20' class is only at 56 after all the incoming and outgoing. That is a manageable number these days compared to some given the backlog created by additional year of eligibility.

I'm at 59.

Peter Dearth
Jamie Trimboli
Spencer Small
Stephen Rehfuss
Drake Porter
Danny Varello
Willie Klan
Nate Garlow
Owen Seebold
Brendan Curry
Brett Kennedy
Lucas Quinn
Sam Schluter
Jacob Buttermore
Jonathan Partamian
Jake Phoup
Brett Barlow
Nick DiPietro
Grant Murphy
Jerry Staats
Griffin Cook
Mikey Berman
Basil Aburn
Matt Magnan
Peter Fiorini
Chase Scanlan
Tucker Dordevic
Logan Dieball
Dami Oladunmoye
Nate McPeak
Jack Kennedy
Owen Hull
Shahe Katchadurian
Harrison Thompson
Max Rosa
Zach Lee
Landon Clary
Shaffer Woody
Michael Page
Nick Papa
Brandon Aviles
Gavin Kline
JT Stirpe
Luke Talago
Marshall McGuire
Jack Witherspoon
Tommy Drago
Blake Erlbeck
Patrick Duffy
Cadel Kol
Jack Savage
Frankie Hapney
Saam Olexo
Jackson Birtwistle
Owen Hiltz
Mitch Wykoff
Nick Hapney
Cole Horan
Brett Tenaglia

They may return but heard Dieball and Hull attending OCC this semester. Rechecked Klan eligibility, yes he does have another year.

They may return but heard Dieball and Hull attending OCC this semester. Rechecked Klan eligibility, yes he does have another year.

I guess if SU ever updates their fall roster, we'll know for sure.

Woah. Cormier in the transfer portal.

There was some rumblings about this last year, you wonder if he looked at the roster and UVA bringing in the transfer kid from Bville to essentially play his assumed starting spot, and saying "I'm outta here"

There was some rumblings about this last year, you wonder if he looked at the roster and UVA bringing in the transfer kid from Bville to essentially play his assumed starting spot, and saying "I'm outta here"
Definitely a possibility. Also you add Shellenberger to the mix. Still I would think there is still a starting spot for him at midfield no matter what as they were giving serious minutes to two relatively unimpressive younger guys, Garno and Conner.

Definitely a possibility. Also you add Shellenberger to the mix. Still I would think there is still a starting spot for him at midfield no matter what as they were giving serious minutes to two relatively unimpressive younger guys, Garno and Conner.

Given the timing, to me this is really surprising. He was starting at midfield last year, did he really just have his heart set on playing attack? I feel like most teams would take Cormier over Bertrand, so if it really came down to that, curious decision making on the part of the UVA coaching staff. Wonder where he ends up, I think ACC schools are off the list since he would have to sit out a year? UVA had Xander Dickson enter the portal but he ended up returning.

Given the timing, to me this is really surprising. He was starting at midfield last year, did he really just have his heart set on playing attack? I feel like most teams would take Cormier over Bertrand, so if it really came down to that, curious decision making on the part of the UVA coaching staff. Wonder where he ends up, I think ACC schools are off the list since he would have to sit out a year? UVA had Xander Dickson enter the portal but he ended up returning.
Bertrand is unfortunately insanely good. He has a highlight tape floating around somewhere and you can tell he will almost definitely be a major problem, no matter what division he plays in. But still Cormier is at least a good deal better than Garno and Conner so it really is surprising. Why leave if you're still a lock to start at middie?

My fear is that he has plans to play for a certain big lefty Canadian at a certain Maryland school, but there's no evidence of that as of yet.

Bertrand is unfortunately insanely good. He has a highlight tape floating around somewhere and you can tell he will almost definitely be a major problem, no matter what division he plays in. But still Cormier is at least a good deal better than Garno and Conner so it really is surprising. Why leave if you're still a lock to start at middie?

My fear is that he has plans to play for a certain big lefty Canadian at a certain Maryland school, but there's no evidence of that as of yet.

Yes, sorry I wasn't trying to imply that Bertrand was not good, just that Cormier is very good and also has freshmen year eligibility, so I think most coaches would take him if they had to choose. Anyways, we never really get the gritty details of this stuff so we are left to speculate. Could be unrelated to which position he wanted to play and he just wants to be somewhere else. Seems like others on the internet think its related to that though.
Just as the recruiting cycle dies down, free agency picks up again it seems.

Side note, nice to see that no Syracuse players entered the portal!

Donville isn't transferring until after this year as he can't use his final season with Cornell.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom