2020 Transfer Thread | Page 32 | Syracusefan.com

2020 Transfer Thread

UVA must be relived Cormier decided to come back, that would have been a real double whammy. They still have a lot of talent on that team but replacing a player of Dox’s caliber will be tough.

In similar vein, Maryland still holding out hope that Bernhardt returns. If lacrosse is played in spring does that mean DII football will be. They will be scary on offense if he does return.

UVA must be relived Cormier decided to come back, that would have been a real double whammy. They still have a lot of talent on that team but replacing a player of Dox’s caliber will be tough.

In similar vein, Maryland still holding out hope that Bernhardt returns. If lacrosse is played in spring does that mean DII football will be. They will be scary on offense if he does return.

This development may have been a factor in Cormier's decision to stay. I don't claim even 8th hand knowledge, but I can see how word of this may have filtered back to him.

Heard this was at least in part academic related. If he is looking for a slightly less demanding environment academically, Syracuse could be an option. This kid has some game, very quick and poised and a super heavy shot for someone with such a slight build. Get him in the weight room and you've got a pretty complete attack man.

Heard this was at least in part academic related. If he is looking for a slightly less demanding environment academically, Syracuse could be an option. This kid has some game, very quick and poised and a super heavy shot for someone with such a slight build. Get him in the weight room and you've got a pretty complete attack man.

No two schools seem more different from each other than Syracuse and Hopkins yet there does exist a sort of pipeline between the two programs. From Dan DiPietro to Tommy Palasek to Mike Danielo and now Fernandez and even JJ Torado flipping from the Orange to the Jays, there is a history there.

Curious how Murphy would fit in. If (hopefully) Rhefuss takes his name out of the portal the Orange would have four starting quality attackmen for three spots, without the Jays transfer. I for one have thought they should bring in an upgrade for Cook but would Murphy dislodge him? Hiltz would still need time as well. If they didn’t do it over the summer I don’t think they’d do it now. I think it would be a nice acquisition but I don’t know if I see it happening.

One things for certain there are lots of stacked attack units across the country, might be hard to land a spot with a certified contender if you aren’t a superstar right now.

There are a few contenders I can think of where Murphy would start, one of which would be Loyola, where his younger brother just recently committed in the '22 class. I am very interested to see where he lands. I would not count Syracuse out. I would not start him over Scanlan or Hiltz but DEFINITELY over Cook.

The Terps appear to have dropped 5 players from their roster today.

The most significant would probably be junior attackman Kyle Brickerd. Brickerd has good size and works well around the goal. He doesn't really seem to be quite at Syracuse's level, but would be a nice pick up for many middle of the pack teams.

There are a few contenders I can think of where Murphy would start, one of which would be Loyola, where his younger brother just recently committed in the '22 class. I am very interested to see where he lands. I would not count Syracuse out. I would not start him over Scanlan or Hiltz but DEFINITELY over Cook.

Good call on Loyola, they have two good attackmen in Olmsted and Lindley but didn’t seem like they replaced Spencer (hard to do no doubt). With little bro being there that makes a lot of sense. Definitely a case worth following.

Good call on Loyola, they have two good attackmen in Olmsted and Lindley but didn’t seem like they replaced Spencer (hard to do no doubt). With little bro being there that makes a lot of sense. Definitely a case worth following.

Loyola makes a lot of sense for Murphy. Unless SU loses multiple players over this COVID punishment I don't see SU being a destination as there is already a log jam at attack. However, if the worse case scenario plays out, I could see him being an excellent fit.

Feels like the top tier of college lax is about as competitive as I can remember. There are about 7 or 8 teams that are just super loaded with an obscene amount of talent. Oh well. Some IL guy posted about "big news" coming today so I'm glad it's this and not "Entire Syracuse Starting Lineup Out for Season Due to COVID Violations."

Feels like the top tier of college lax is about as competitive as I can remember. There are about 7 or 8 teams that are just super loaded with an obscene amount of talent. Oh well. Some IL guy posted about "big news" coming today so I'm glad it's this and not "Entire Syracuse Starting Lineup Out for Season Due to COVID Violations."

Or "Entire Syracuse Starting Lineup transferring to Villanova to play football".

I'm willing to believe it, but will withhold dancing around the room until I see him walk onto the field before the opening faceoff of the first game.

That's awesome. Transfer to school A to play football in the fall and transfer to school B to play lacrosse in the spring. I think he's on to something.

Unfortunately they didn't end up playing but at least he got to enjoy another campus and what not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom