2021-22 Yankees Off Season / Spring Training ... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2021-22 Yankees Off Season / Spring Training ...

That's the way it is with a lot of organizations these days.
No doubt, and the Yankees have been doing it to some extent with Boone.

1634648761776.png

Boone had no update to provide but said he's day to day and will know better tomorrow.

Last edited:
I cannot imagine wanting to manage a team without the power to hire, retain, and fire my coaches. I believe that is why Showalter left in 1995.
I get what you are saying but most people would sellout for millions of dollars.
Especially when it’s not really like any coach is entitled to their job and can be replaced with another ex-player.

I respect people who stand up on principle but Boone took getting a paycheck which I can’t blame him for.

I am reading a lot of Yankees and Carlos Correa in the hot stove season after this year.

With Correa’s my time taunt in game 1 I would enjoy rooting against him on the Yankees

I cannot imagine wanting to manage a team without the power to hire, retain, and fire my coaches. I believe that is why Showalter left in 1995.
Yankees met with Boone the day before they fired the coaches. Could be he was in agreement with the move. 3 Years seems a bit much though.

Especially when it’s not really like any coach is entitled to their job and can be replaced with another ex-player.
That’s true, although I think he would find another job. He is one of the few options out there with experience and a winning record.

Personally, I am indifferent to managers.

Bryan Hoch:
DJ LeMahieu had his sports hernia surgically repaired. There's an eight-week recovery period; he is expected to be ready for Spring Training. LeMahieu had it done in Philadelphia, same doctor who performed Luke Voit's procedure.

Brian Cashman on trade market/free agents: "We will be open-minded to anything and everything on this roster, as we should be."

Brian Cashman said that "shortstop is an area of need. We have to address it." "I think Gleyber is best served at second base in reality."

Brian Cashman said the #Yankees aren't as athletic or contact-oriented as they would like to be. "We'll evaluate what's available and how those pieces may fit."

Asked if he sees Gary Sanchez as the starting catcher in 2022, Brian Cashman said: "We'll see ... ultimately we'll have to evaluate the marketplace at every position."

Brian Cashman on Aaron Boone: "He's a protector of the players. He's a growing, evolving person in that position. I think he's already very good at it."

Brian Cashman: "I don't have to tell the fan base any more than the obvious, which is, we want more. We expect more."

Jameson Taillon will have ankle surgery on Oct. 28. Surgery is with Dr. Justin Greisberg. Recovery time is five months.

Clint Frazier "is in constant contact with our medical staff" regarding the fogginess and dizziness that he is continuing to experience, Brian Cashman said.

Hicks hoping to play winter ball, should be fine by December. Voit expects to be ready for spring training.

Last edited:
Bryan Hoch:
DJ LeMahieu had his sports hernia surgically repaired. There's an eight-week recovery period; he is expected to be ready for Spring Training. LeMahieu had it done in Philadelphia, same doctor who performed Luke Voit's procedure.

Brian Cashman on trade market/free agents: "We will be open-minded to anything and everything on this roster, as we should be."

Brian Cashman said that "shortstop is an area of need. We have to address it." "I think Gleyber is best served at second base in reality."

Brian Cashman said the #Yankees aren't as athletic or contact-oriented as they would like to be. "We'll evaluate what's available and how those pieces may fit."

Asked if he sees Gary Sanchez as the starting catcher in 2022, Brian Cashman said: "We'll see ... ultimately we'll have to evaluate the marketplace at every position."

Brian Cashman on Aaron Boone: "He's a protector of the players. He's a growing, evolving person in that position. I think he's already very good at it."

Brian Cashman: "I don't have to tell the fan base any more than the obvious, which is, we want more. We expect more."

Jameson Taillon will have ankle surgery on Oct. 28. Surgery is with Dr. Justin Greisberg. Recovery time is five months.

Clint Frazier "is in constant contact with our medical staff" regarding the fogginess and dizziness that he is continuing to experience, Brian Cashman said.

Hicks hoping to play winter ball, should be fine by December. Voit expects to be ready for spring training.
Looks like Taillon will miss Spring Training, which I assume means not ready to pitch in a ml game until mid May/beginning of June at the earliest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom