2021-22 Yankees Off Season / Spring Training ... | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

2021-22 Yankees Off Season / Spring Training ...

Angels executives are still laughing that Yankees actually gave them a decent minor league pitcher for Andrew Heaney. Now they steal Andrew Velazquez. Adding insult to injury.

Angels executives are still laughing that Yankees actually gave them a decent minor league pitcher for Andrew Heaney. Now they steal Andrew Velazquez. Adding insult to injury.
Angels executives should not laugh at anyone.

If the Yankees really valued Velazquez, he would be a Yankee.

Tim LoCastro signed with the Red Sox I heard. As an IC grad and a Red Sox hater, this is not what I wanted to see.

Rumors swirling that the Yankees are willing to spend money this season.

Early predictions are them signing Corey Seagar, Justin Verlander, and DJLM moves to 1st.

Early predictions are them signing Corey Seagar, Justin Verlander, and DJLM moves to 1st.
Seager would make sense. He can move to third base in a couple of years if one of the shortstop prospects works-out. He is also a left handed bat.

Swirling is a kind word….the Empire has mobilized.

That scenario was in the Post yesterday and has been on the radio for a while. They have to make moves at P, SS and for lefty bats.

Angels executives should not laugh at anyone.

If the Yankees really valued Velazquez, he would be a Yankee.

Seriously. The Angels always have the best player but never seem to win. I wouldn’t worry what they think.

Yanks are going to sign a free agent SS, and two of their top 3 prospects play there as well. Vazquez was a breath of fresh air but there’s no room at the Inn.

Seriously. The Angels always have the best player but never seem to win. I wouldn’t worry what they think.

Yanks are going to sign a free agent SS, and two of their top 3 prospects play there as well. Vazquez was a breath of fresh air but there’s no room at the Inn.

Anthony Volpe is the SS of the future. He's a few years away...

Anthony Volpe is the SS of the future. He's a few years away...

Peraza has looked pretty good too, and he's considered the better fielder. Volpe jumped him this year in the rankings based on his bat.

But the bridge will be one of the free agents.

Wasn't a place for Velazquez. If there are depth issues, Torres can always fill in, or Gio or Wade (lost in the Velazquez story was how well Wade was playing with every day at bats). DJ has flexibility 1B, 2B, 3B.

Peraza has looked pretty good too, and he's considered the better fielder. Volpe jumped him this year in the rankings based on his bat.

But the bridge will be one of the free agents.

Wasn't a place for Velazquez. If there are depth issues, Torres can always fill in, or Gio or Wade (lost in the Velazquez story was how well Wade was playing with every day at bats). DJ has flexibility 1B, 2B, 3B.
No reason they can't keep both and move one of them to 3rd or second. Unfortunately I'm guessing one of them will be included in any trade package for a high end player such as Olsen.

No reason they can't keep both and move one of them to 3rd or second. Unfortunately I'm guessing one of them will be included in any trade package for a high end player such as Olsen.

Yeah, I assume one would move fairly soon if they're both in the future plans.

But if they do move on Olsen, you know the As will be asking for one of them.

Yeah, I assume one would move fairly soon if they're both in the future plans.

But if they do move on Olsen, you know the As will be asking for one of them.
For sure. I can't imagine the Yankees will try and trade Torres instead, but that would allow LeMahieu to go back to 2nd. It looks like there is a lot of interest in Olsen so he isn't going to come cheap.

The concern is if Yankees spend $300M on a SS that will be it and they'll be pinching pennies to not upgrade other positions of need. They need a big upgrade in CF. Great Yankees teams have a great impact CF. Not Hicks/Gardner. Let Hicks be the 4th OF next year and maybe he rebuilds some value to be a trade piece. If they're pinching pennies after a SS you can kiss an upgrade 1B good bye too. They won't spend on bringing back Rizzo. Frankly I'd prefer they sign Starling Marte for CF (high contact, high average, decent power and speed/speed/speed with 40 SBs. Explore a trade for 1b Matt Olson. These 2 alone make a major upgrade to the offense. Then find an under the radar SS to acquire by trade (like they did with Didi) until either Peraza or Volpe come to claim the job.

Like Adele sings, Rumor Has It:

And something is likely to be completed today ...

Like Adele sings, Rumor Has It:

And something is likely to be completed today ...
Always tough to figure out if a prospect will actually pan out but my feeling is Volpe came out of nowhere and Peraza is the better of the 2. My guess is the Yankees are going all in in Seager at this point and don't see a need for the 2 shortstop prospects. Can't argue much with that package for Olsen though.

Always tough to figure out if a prospect will actually pan out but my feeling is Volpe came out of nowhere and Peraza is the better of the 2. My guess is the Yankees are going all in in Seager at this point and don't see a need for the 2 shortstop prospects. Can't argue much with that package for Olsen though.
From the same guy (FWIW, he was pretty dead on about trade deadline deals, so he has at least A source in the organization):

I think Peraza is going to be an all-star, but like you posted, with Seagar at SS and Olson at 1B, you don't need a lot of prospects for those positions, and frankly the Yankees aren't in the business of relying on their prospects to pan out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom