2021-22 Yankees Off Season / Spring Training ... | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

2021-22 Yankees Off Season / Spring Training ...

Just a masterclass in waste and mismanagement.
Hate seeing Frazier go. And I know there aren't many Odor fans here, but the guy contributed when needed and then stayed ready when Boone buried him on the bench. Hope they both have success wherever they land.

Hate seeing Frazier go. And I know there aren't many Odor fans here, but the guy contributed when needed and then stayed ready when Boone buried him on the bench. Hope they both have success wherever they land.
It doesn't help that I predetermined Frazier was going to be a personal favorite, and also was at his monster game at Camden Yards when he hit 3 home runs or something, but the Yankees organization completely screwed him up and pissed away his talent.

I'm not a Yankees have to sign every top FA guy but they are going to so something right? Mets about to land Sherzer after getting Marte and we've just cut a bunch of guys.

I'm not a Yankees have to sign every top FA guy but they are going to so something right? Mets about to land Sherzer after getting Marte and we've just cut a bunch of guys.
Yankees looking to work out a deal to bring back Didi and are all in on the Japanese outfielder that MAY be posted. Can you say WS Ring #29?

Yankees looking to work out a deal to bring back Didi and are all in on the Japanese outfielder that MAY be posted. Can you say WS Ring #29?
Now entice Tex out of retirement.

Now entice Tex out of retirement.
What . . . signing Rizzo through age 37 isn't good enough for you?

In all seriousness. I am starting to think the Yankees are not going to make any moves until the Collective Bargaining Agreement is settled.

The Gardy Party will continue...

5 years / $11 mil.

And a free AARP membership card.

;)
Makes sense we need someone to absorb some outfield ABs now that we no longer have Frazier I HATE EVERYTHING

The Rangers are cornering the market on free agent shortstops.

OttoinGrotto
Tracy Morgan No GIF

The Rangers are cornering the market on free agent shortstops.

That's a lot of money to spend on two shortstops wow. Would be nice if the Yankees did something.

I'm not surprised the Yankees passed on the big money long term deals with a SS. Hal is not going to absorb another $300M contract. Especially when their top 2 prospects are both highly regarded shortstops. But it's really disappointing to see them pass on some of the very good FA starting pitchers given their rotation is decidedly mediocre at best. Wouldn't play for guys at $22M/year like Ray or Gausman? Our major competitors in the AL East are all making moves to get better. The richest team in baseball does not even try to get better. Thanks Hal.

I'm not surprised the Yankees passed on the big money long term deals with a SS. Hal is not going to absorb another $300M contract. Especially when their top 2 prospects are both highly regarded shortstops. But it's really disappointing to see them pass on some of the very good FA starting pitchers given their rotation is decidedly mediocre at best. Wouldn't play for guys at $22M/year like Ray or Gausman? Our major competitors in the AL East are all making moves to get better. The richest team in baseball does not even try to get better. Thanks Hal.
Seems like he hadn’t adjusted his thinking for modern day inflation .. 20 million a year for a proven number 2 is pretty much what you need to pay

Would have been better off making that move 2 weeks ago and keeping Wade, imo.
Exactly. Not sure what the rationale was here with Gittens.

Wade is fungible, not really a big issue. Gittens being released is because there is probably someone the Yankees intend to take in the Rule 5 draft who they didn't think would be available (or some team in Japan reached out and said they had money for him).

The Yankees rotation was not the problem in 2021. The offense was and so far there hasn't been anything done to address that. 10/325 is a lot for a guy like Seager, but if any team should be flexing financially, it's the Yankees. I'd be happy to move Gallo, get a new LF/CF, SS, and trade for Olson. Done.

Wade is fungible, not really a big issue. Gittens being released is because there is probably someone the Yankees intend to take in the Rule 5 draft who they didn't think would be available (or some team in Japan reached out and said they had money for him).

The Yankees rotation was not the problem in 2021. The offense was and so far there hasn't been anything done to address that. 10/325 is a lot for a guy like Seager, but if any team should be flexing financially, it's the Yankees. I'd be happy to move Gallo, get a new LF/CF, SS, and trade for Olson. Done.
Plan on Rizzo/Voit, Gallo in LF and Simmons at SS. Cash will bolster the rotation and pen with anything available from the scrap heap. If what is reported is correct Beane wants either Volpe or Perraza AND Dominguez as a starting point for Olsen.

Plan on Rizzo/Voit, Gallo in LF and Simmons at SS. Cash will bolster the rotation and pen with anything available from the scrap heap. If what is reported is correct Beane wants either Volpe or Perraza AND Dominguez as a starting point for Olsen.
Yeah, that's my expectation as well, or a reunion with Didi.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom