2021 Battle 4 Atlantis | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

2021 Battle 4 Atlantis

For VCU we would be an 8 point favorite.

Baylor would be about a 6 point favorite against us.

The rest of the potential matchups are pick em or 1-2 points. 2-1 should be the goal. If we win the tournament we should immediately be ranked in the top 15.

Last edited:
For VCU we would be an 8 point favorite.

Baylor would be about a 6 point favorite Against us.

The rest of the potential matchups are pick em or 1-2 points. 2-1 should be the goal. If we win the tournament we should immediately be ranked in the top 15.
That is exactly what happened to us in the 2009-10 season. We were unranked going into some Thanksgiving week tourney at MSG. We won the whole thing, including beating highly ranked UNC. The following week we were ranked #10; ultimately we were ranked #1 and a top tourney seed. That Thanksgiving tourney was Wes Johnson's "coming out party." Prior to his peformance against UNC, the country was pretty much unaware of him.

Last edited:
That is exactly what happened to us in the 2009-10 season. We were unranked going into some Thanksgiving week tourney at MSG. We won the whole thing, including beating highly ranked UNC. The following week we were ranked #10; ultimately we were ranked #1 and a top tourney seed. That Thanksgiving tourney was Wes Johnson's "coming out party." Prior to his peformance against UNC, the country was pretty much unaware of him.
As it turned out, UNC was not good that year. In fact, I recall they rather fell apart. However, we didn’t know that and it was quite the psychological lift. I have a memory of Wes gliding backwards and grinning because he was having such a good game.

That was one of the best teams we ever had. I am hoping this team turns into one of those.

SECN+
VCU is up 8 with 13 to go.

They have hurt Vandy with full court pressure and an extended man defense. It has really taken Vandy out of their half court offense.

They aren’t great on offense. Seem lanky and very quick and athletic.

They are in pretty bad fouled trouble. Have like 5 players with 3 fouls right now. If they lose, it will be because they lost some key players due to fouls.

They will be our best test to date…impressed with their defense.

As it turned out, UNC was not good that year. In fact, I recall they rather fell apart. However, we didn’t know that and it was quite the psychological lift. I have a memory of Wes gliding backwards and grinning because he was having such a good game.

That was one of the best teams we ever had. I am hoping this team turns into one of those.
I'm from the future. It totally does.

VCU is up 8 with 13 to go.

They have hurt Vandy with full court pressure and an extended man defense. It has really taken Vandy out of their half court offense.

They aren’t great on offense. Seem lanky and very quick and athletic.

They are in pretty bad fouled trouble. Have like 5 players with 3 fouls right now. If they lose, it will be because they lost some key players due to fouls.

They will be our best test to date…impressed with their defense.
VCU up 13 with 5 to go.

Vandy has scored 9 points in the 2nd half.

We better be ready.

Vandy is awful

Good enough to be laying 6 points going into it even though most of that was probably VCU's loss to Wagner.

VCU should be a decent team in the A10 but its mostly reserves who didn't play much in the past not a new team of all experienced transfers. Good matchup for us we'll be fine if we make shots. Baylor is kind of a 'can't lose' game with where that program is at which we might win.

Michigan St looked good tonight but Butler could be the worst team in the Big East. Regardless the third game is going to be against a good team and we have a good shot against all 4 of them.

48-37!?

We should beat VCU by double digits. Drexel is better.

Is the championship game of Atlantis really on Friday at 11 am? Am I reading that correctly?

Also happened to us the last time we won this tournament in 2015.

Holy cats that was the (an) epic night at Blarney! KaiserUEO

Booked a test at Quest Diagnostics in Camillus for November 17. We fly in on Sunday. Says results in 1-3 days. And it is free. The health Visa is a really cumbersome process and the site is clunky. Had to set up profile several times

Got my test results this morning and completed the health visa process. Says it will be pending for up to 24 hours. Wife never verified her email address on the Quest site so she may have to wait an additional 24 hours for test results. Since we fly Sunday morning she may be pulling a Tom Hanks and living in the airport for a day.

That is why. The other games, while televised that day, are later in the day.
Is that really the reason though? There aren’t any powerhouse college football games that Friday. Lots of hoops on Friday though, so maybe they’re trying to space the bigger games out? Just an odd time though.

Is that really the reason though? There aren’t any powerhouse college football games that Friday. Lots of hoops on Friday though, so maybe they’re trying to space the bigger games out? Just an odd time though.
I believe that is the reason. College football still out draws college hoops. Especially at this time of the year.

Second best odds behind Baylor to win Atlantis at +450, per betonline. Thanks to the poster who gave me 20-1 yesterday. Lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom