2021 Boeheim Ball | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2021 Boeheim Ball

Sorry if it’s a stupid question but what does the foundation to with the money? Hopefully help kids!

That was wild. Had a cool chat with Allen Griffen. I get Chatty Cathy when I’m drinking and he was down to hang out until I hung up lol. I gave him plenty opportunities to bail, and he was like “nah man, we love chatting with fans!” And actually felt like he meant it. Hopefully next year we’ll do this in person.

870947F8-3A09-4ACB-BD0B-698D10FAF8DF.jpeg

Last edited:
That was wild. Had a cool chat with Allan Griffen. I get Chatty Cathy when I’m drinking and he was down to hang out until I hung up lol. I gave him plenty opportunities to bail, and he was like “nah man, we love chatting with fans!” And actually felt like he meant it. Hopefully next year we’ll do this in person.

View attachment 200298
I’m so confused. Griffin is leaving, right? But he’s still there? Cool picture of you, but did you get this dressed up for a phone call? And are you living in Las Vegas and not Alaska any more?

I’ve been reading a science fiction book about dinosaurs and Martians, so clearly I can’t make the leap back into reality.

Now that my dogs are done mauling me for the 3 hours of non attention

Man, what a fun night. This was my second "virtual" Boeheim Ball. Second year sitting in a recliner, rocking a tux. Was lucky again to be invited to a zoom session full of friends whom I've been lucky enough to meet over the last buncha years of adventures. This years room consisted of a few board favorites. Organized by cto, a rough neck cast of SaltLakeOrange, Tomcat, Cherie + Jim, Headmaster and Obie, VAorange, Bill Orange, (dang it Chris, if you weren't such a lurker I'd remember you're handle!) were all on hand. I was going to leave celebrity appearances out, but Bees was also in attendance.

I called in to make a donation. After some comedic technical difficulties, (no offense to the volunteers who took the info and payment, they were just having trouble with the system), I was passed on to Coach Griffin. I had this all planned out- I figured I'd have 5 seconds to get a question out. After a good 5 minutes of small talk, and me saying "I should prolly let ya go!" and him saying "Nah man, it's cool" I finally got my question out. I'm a little drunk but it was something like this :

"We know the pandemic has been rough on everyone and everything. Everyone has stories describing the last year, and most are negative. Was there anything positive that came out of your covid basketball experience, that might not have come out otherwise?"

He spoke in length about how the pandemic brought the team together, how having the melo center all to themselves and the different bubble experiences allowed the boys to get to know eachother in ways they might not have been able to.
I look forward to seeing him and all of you in the bahamas!

Besides this whole "grandbaby" thing- the last few hours was the hardest ive smiled since idk when. I've missed all my orange friends. You all are what keep me going- what keeps me motivated to keep my crap together. I miss you all more than you probably know. Hopefully the next time will across a table, instead of across the world. Go Orange

Last edited:
I’m so confused. Griffin is leaving, right? But he’s still there? Cool picture of you, but did you get this dressed up for a phone call? And are you living in Las Vegas and not Alaska any more?

I’ve been reading a science fiction book about dinosaurs and Martians, so clearly I can’t make the leap back into reality.

coach griffin

Now that my dogs are done mauling me for the 3 hours of non attention

Man, what a fun night. This was my second "virtual" Boeheim Ball. Second year sitting in a recliner, rocking a tux. Was lucky again to be invited to a zoom session full of friends whom I've been lucky enough to meet over the last buncha years of adventures. This years room consisted of a few board favorites. Organized by cto, a rough neck cast of SaltLakeOrange, Tomcat, Cherie + Jim, Headmaster and Obie, VAorange, Bill Orange, (dang it Chris, if you weren't such a lurker I'd remember you're handle!) were all on hand. I was going to leave celebrity appearances out, but Bees was also in attendance.

I called in to make a donation. After some comedic technical difficulties, (no offense to the volunteers who took the info and payment, they were just having trouble with the system), I was passed on to Allen Griffin. I had this all planned out- I figured I'd have 5 seconds to get a question out. After a good 5 minutes of small talk, and me saying "I should prolly let ya go!" and him saying "Nah man, it's cool" I finally got my question out. I'm a little drunk but it was something like this :

"We know the pandemic has been rough on everyone and everything. Everyone has stories describing the last year, and most are negative. Was there anything positive that came out of your covid basketball experience, that might not have come out otherwise?"

He spoke in length about how the pandemic brought the team together, how having the melo center all to themselves and the different bubble experiences allowed the boys to get to know eachother in ways they might not have been able to.
I look forward to seeing him and all of you in the bahamas!

Besides this whole "grandbaby" thing- the last few hours was the hardest ive smiled since idk when. I've missed all my orange friends. You all are what keep me going- what keeps me motivated to keep my crap together. I miss you all more than you probably know. The next time will across a table, instead of across the world. Go Orange
I’m really disappointed you didn’t ask him what STONKS he likes!

That was wild. Had a cool chat with Allen Griffen. I get Chatty Cathy when I’m drinking and he was down to hang out until I hung up lol. I gave him plenty opportunities to bail, and he was like “nah man, we love chatting with fans!” And actually felt like he meant it. Hopefully next year we’ll do this in person.

View attachment 200298
Never been, but was looking forward to being a first timer this year. Guess I’ll put my tux on ice.

Especially since Kadary, Woody and Braswell all weren’t there.

Why aren't they? They should still be at Syracuse going to classes right? They are leaving for next year but they are still full time cuse students and team orange at this moment, especially for charity this shouldn't stop them from participating in a charity event regardless how they felt about their cuse experiences, unless they were not invited?

Why aren't they? They should still be at Syracuse going to classes right? They are leaving for next year but they are still full time cuse students and team orange at this moment, especially for charity this shouldn't stop them from participating in a charity event regardless how they felt about their cuse experiences, unless they were not invited?
Hopefully the transfer kids are completing their classes. I would think they would have to to maintain their eligibility at their new school. I wondered how awkward it is for them on campus, so I can imagine that it would be more so answering phones and having to talk to fans.

Re: academics--

There was post on here in the past week linking to an article about a study concerning (portal?) transfers' academics. It turns out some credits are not transferable and the APR of transfers is lower than that of athletes who stuck around. So, academically, transferring is not a positive.

View attachment 200298
What have you done with Cuse Troop?

Did anybody win any bids?

not I. Did you? I’m thinking you were probably bidding on the Lamborghini for a weekend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom