2021 Bracketology | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

2021 Bracketology

As for the playoff seedings etc., the NCAA continues to de-legitimize the process by putting in conference winners from weak conferences in the name of growing the game, diversity...
Bubble teams are clearly superior to MACC winner, SoCon winner and on down the list.
A team like Villanova typically loses out to these teams. The winner of the MAAC conference should be satisfied with their conference title. Why keep up the charade and play against Duke or UNC in the first round? It goes against everything that competitive sports is about - token playoff positions should be kept to non-elite levels.

You must really hate March Madness.

32 AQ's and 36 At-Larges.

The NCAA isn't going to alienate 80% of its' member schools just to keep a few fans happy.

As for the playoff seedings etc., the NCAA continues to de-legitimize the process by putting in conference winners from weak conferences in the name of growing the game, diversity...
Bubble teams are clearly superior to MACC winner, SoCon winner and on down the list.
A team like Villanova typically loses out to these teams. The winner of the MAAC conference should be satisfied with their conference title. Why keep up the charade and play against Duke or UNC in the first round? It goes against everything that competitive sports is about - token playoff positions should be kept to non-elite levels.

The answer lies in this document: https://web3.ncaa.org/lsdbi/reports/getReport/90008

NCAA tournament isn't about the best 16 teams. It is what it is. This also why FBS football isn't an officially recognized NCAA championship. That they don't use the NCAA AQ model that almost every other sport/division uses is a sham to me. Something like 60% of FBS starts the season with no chance of making the playoffs, no matter how well they do. Is that any better?

I get it. I just don't like it ;)
I like the idea of having 2 tourneys - one for the top 32 and a second for the rest. I'm just talking out loud and am thinking of what makes sense for the bottom 32 or whatever that number is...gives them a realistic chance.
I will stop now as the current system isn't about to change

IF the sites are as has been projected, using Chris J's bracket:
College Park - UMD vs. High Point, Lehigh vs. G'Town (all bus trips)
Charlottesville - UVa vs. Drexel, Syracuse vs. Loyola (1 potential flight, Syracuse)
Chapel Hill - UNC vs. Manhattan, Duke vs. St. Joseph's (1 potential flight, Manhattan)
Denver - Denver vs. Army, ND vs. Vermont (3 flights)

We will be knowing the real deal pretty soon.

I guess it is a positive for UVA not to be matched up with Delaware any more. I still remember 10+ years ago, UVA hosting Delaware in the first round of the NCAAs in C-ville. Some Looney tune Delaware fan posted "Train Wreck", i.e., that Delaware would win, on Laxpower forum - and dang if he wasn't right.

Brent disagrees with me about Army. Not sure they are the last team I'd want to face in the tournament. I think Georgetown, Lehigh, Denver, Rutgers, Army and Loyola all look pretty similar to me, all have big wins but all have some surprising losses. Denver, just based on preseason accolades would probably scare me the most, as well as the other teams with strong face-off crews, but all of them are pretty equal in mind.

I think Syracuse would fare better against Army a second time around - in their first matchup Army had already played two games and had an extra two weeks of practice on the Orange. And I know he has struggled in some matchups this Spring, but Wykoff I think would matchup better with Nicthern than Kennedy (Wykoff didn't play that game).

Brent truly doesn’t understand lacrosse at all he thinks he does since he got runner up to Ryan Powell in a All Star game in high school in 1996 but truly is clueless and could he could careless about the sport unless he can hop on a bandwagon when things are good or announce that Desko is on the “hot seat” every year they don’t win a championship. Who ever picked those schools as a host site needs a geography lesson

With Denver losing to Gtown not sure how you can have Denver as a seeded team at this point.

Can’t allow myself to root for Hopkins but that would be pretty funny.
Sort of like me with Duke, I ain't rooting for them.

Hopkins is definitely playing better, but I don't expect it to happen. I think the Terps will be more on their guard this time around.

How can you possibly seed Denver, they have 1 quality win vs Gtown.

They’re hosting. If they have even a marginal case to be a seed, they will be. And I don’t think there’s a clear case for anyone to be the last seed. So I think Denver will get it. Yes, I’m very cyclical.

Although I’d also call Villanova x2 quality wins. Those 3 wins are it for them though.

They’re hosting. If they have even a marginal case to be a seed, they will be. And I don’t think there’s a clear case for anyone to be the last seed. So I think Denver will get it. Yes, I’m very cyclical.

Having Denver be a seed because their a host is a typical garbage NCAA move. No way they should be seeded. Zero

Having Denver be a seed because their a host is a typical garbage NCAA move. No way they should be seeded. Zero

I don’t think anyone really established a firm case for the last seed.

Lehigh with a win tomorrow would have it if not for the Villanova loss.

Drexel has one sort of okay win. (Delaware)

Loyola lost to Towson (yikes).

Rutgers... well.

There’s just not a clear cut case.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors