2021 Bracketology | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

2021 Bracketology

Good breakdown here by Fieldystick. If I had to choose as a Syracuse fan, it’d be the the Inside Lacrosse edition (basically anything to avoid UNC in the second round). Four different versions and four different matchups for SU so that tells you how hard this is going to be to predict. Two seven seed predictions and two unseeded picks as well.

SU seems destined to play Rutty.
I would take it. Literally anyone who is not especially good at the x I would accept with open arms. This bracket would be ideal for us as MD is not especially good there either. Yes their offense could most likely tear us up but ours could do some damage too if we get the ball. Better than Duke UNC or ND who have the same dangerous O and a guaranteed fogo advantage.

To Fieldystick’s point about Maryland being potentially being sandwiched between UNC and Duke -

I would take it. Literally anyone who is not especially good at the x I would accept with open arms. This bracket would be ideal for us as MD is not especially good there either. Yes their offense could most likely tear us up but ours could do some damage too if we get the ball. Better than Duke UNC or ND who have the same dangerous O and a guaranteed fogo advantage.

Agree, while I don’t think Faceoffs are everything Syracuse would probably not win a face off against Lehigh, and while Phaup has done well against Irelan in the past, I wouldn’t feel confident in that matchup and they have Stathkis. If I had to rank potential first round matchups based on just these four predictions it would be:

1. Drexel
2. Rutgers
3. Lehigh
4. Denver

As for second round, Maryland does have a weakness at the x but their defense is really tough. The goalie does not impress me but their top two poles are really good and they have big guys at ssdm. And I have no idea how the Orange could contain Bernhardt, etc. That said I’ve seen what UNC can do to this team and I want no more of that.

To Fieldystick’s point about Maryland being potentially being sandwiched between UNC and Duke -

I normally don't post my own stuff/tweets here - and I promise that I won't start doing it regularly -because it feels too much like spamming the thread with self-promotion.

I had the same discussion with him on twitter this morning. I don't know how much of the thread this will link to, but anyway:

Last edited:
If Loyola is selected, Rutgers will go through the roof.

They have a poster claiming it can be argued that Rutgers is the #2 team in the country. Obviously, Rutgers fans have seriously ignored Nancy Reagan's advice to just say "no". Maybe the Feds should create a new anti-drug campaign showing a normal college sports fan and the showing a Rutgers sports fan (if any of the three are available that day) and claim as before. "This is your brain. (The show then Rutgers fan) this is your brain on drugs."

Last edited:
"Love the Twitter trolls now pining for 3 Patriot league teams instead of Rutgers. 9pm needs to come now."

No. 6 Rutgers Men's Lacrosse Heads to Big Ten Tournament / Thursday 7:30 on BTN | TheKnight Report.net ()

[Remove the space between Knight and Report], Post #436

I normally don't post my own stuff/tweets here - and I promise that I won't start doing it regularly -because it feels too much like spamming the thread with self-promotion.

I had the same discussion with him on twitter this morning. I don't know how much of the thread this will link to, but anyway:

Other than to create some fun debate, is there any value in any of these prognostications?

Other than to create some fun debate, is there any value in any of these prognostications?
What are you looking for? Are you asking if he received any monetary remuneration?

I like doing them and I think I do an okay job sometimes... I don’t really know what else to say?

Other than the people who do it “for a living” have access to the committee members and stuff and might can get a feeling for how they’re leaning on certain things, I feel like I can analyze a team’s chances about as well as anyone else.

If you think they’re valuable in some way, great. If not, they’ll be useless tonight at 9:00 anyway.

I hate to be that guy but is it really necessary to have a combo tourney selection show? Quint and Carc don't cover the woman's game, give them there own show right after.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom