2021 NFL Thread | Page 228 | Syracusefan.com

2021 NFL Thread

Scorched earth move by BF. Sadly the league will be most concerned about the tanking allegations

Ya hea definitely coached his last game in the league whether he wins the suit or not.

Ya hea definitely coached his last game in the league whether he wins the suit or not.
He's well aware;

“God has gifted me with a special talent to coach the game of football, but the need for change is bigger than my personal goals,” Flores said in a release put out by the law firm representing him in the case. “In making the decision to file the class action complaint today, I understand that I may be risking coaching the game that I love and that has done so much for my family and me. My sincere hope is that by standing up against systemic racism in the NFL, others will join me to ensure that positive change is made for generations to come.”

I think he will coach again in the league. Either as a DC with NE, Vikings or the the Raiders and then have to wait for the next HC cycle. The G-man & Denver will have some explaining to do if they violated the updated Rooney Rule. The Dolphins - if the allegations can be proven - are going to get whacked. The tampering charge should be easy to prove. The tanking less so. The defamation after he left should also be easy to prove as texts and e-mails will be subpoenaed from all teams. After a long investigation, I expect some teams to lose draft picks and more texts released from Gruden.

Last edited:
Eventually it'll be President's day weekend.
But really it should just be Saturday.
Eh the game is over by 10. Either use a sick day or don't get too hammered. It's going to eventually be presidents day weekend.

I think he will coach again in the league. Either as a DC with NE, Vikings or the the Raiders and then have to wait for the next HC cycle. The G-man & Denver will have some explaining to do if they violated the updated Rooney Rule. The Dolphins - if the allegations can be proven - are going to get whacked. The tampering charge should be easy to prove. The tanking less so. The defamation after he left should also be easy to prove as texts and e-mails will be subpoenaed from all teams. After a long investigation, I expect some teams to lose draft picks and more texts released from Gruden.

Ya the Dolphins stuff if true is very damaging especially the forced tank and tampering. The Giants thing is interesting, on one hand its wrong to put a coach through the motions just to comply with the Rooney rule but everyone knew teams were gonna hire who they want irregardless of whatever rule the NFL puts in place. I mean can you sue a team for not hiring you, not sure how much that's going to hold up in court.

He's well aware;

“God has gifted me with a special talent to coach the game of football, but the need for change is bigger than my personal goals,” Flores said in a release put out by the law firm representing him in the case. “In making the decision to file the class action complaint today, I understand that I may be risking coaching the game that I love and that has done so much for my family and me. My sincere hope is that by standing up against systemic racism in the NFL, others will join me to ensure that positive change is made for generations to come.”

I get his point and I think clearly minority coaches should be more abundant in all coaching levels but outside of the NFL forcing teams to hire minority candidates his lawsuit won't move the needle. NFL teams will continue to hire who they want or who the hot name is irregardless of race.

Your right about DC, could see him back in NE, I know they really liked him there. Lawsuit definitely complicates that though, gonna be interesting to see how this works out.

Ya the Dolphins stuff if true is very damaging especially the forced tank and tampering. The Giants thing is interesting, on one hand its wrong to put a coach through the motions just to comply with the Rooney rule but everyone knew teams were gonna hire who they want irregardless of whatever rule the NFL puts in place. I mean can you sue a team for not hiring you, not sure how much that's going to hold up in court.
The Giants will get a slap on the wrist.
Mara owns Goodell.

The Fins will get the hammer as Ross isn’t a powerful owner.

Mara owns Goodell.

I gotta say the litigation and outcome on this is gonna be fascinating. Flores could be 100% right on everything but technically the Broncos and Giants complied with the Rooney rule, so can a court make some sort of ruling on intent, again gonna be fascinating.

Mara owns Goodell.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Ross is forced to sell.

I get his point and I think clearly minority coaches should be more abundant in all coaching levels but outside of the NFL forcing teams to hire minority candidates his lawsuit won't move the needle. NFL teams will continue to hire who they want or who the hot name is irregardless of race.

Your right about DC, could see him back in NE, I know they really liked him there. Lawsuit definitely complicates that though, gonna be interesting to see how this works out.
I mean the Rooney rule does work see Mike Tomlin. The Steelers were so blown away when he interviewed that they hired him.

If they didn't force Snyder to sell I doubt they will force Ross.
No other owner was trying to rig competition. It’s serious business. Especially an owner who’s invested in gambling.

For the league I think throwing games is a different issue than Snyder's piece of sh-- life. The gravy train is the gambling.
If they can prove it yes. It's going to be a hard one to prove.

I mean the Rooney rule does work see Mike Tomlin. The Steelers were so blown away when he interviewed that they hired him.

For sure, and if he was fired tomorrow he'd have a job in a day.

For sure, and if he was fired tomorrow he'd have a job in a day.
Yeah I don't think his future job prospects are in that much danger. I could also see him making nice money coaching college football if were interested.

Two thoughts:

1) The Hoodie needs to invest in some cheap reading glasses;

2) Dougie P is wondering where his cache was back in 2020 when the Birds tanked against WFT. Not only did he not get paid but they dumped him after the season as well.

Ladies and germs, we bring you the Washington Commanders.

Daniel Snyder scooped on big name announcement.

As a Patriot fan:

All of the Patriot fans who are whining on Twitter clearly have no sense. He left, and two years ago he poured his heart out to us. Some of us moved on.

Some of us clearly didn’t.

Lots of Patriots fans must not have been through a bad breakup before, because what I’m seeing on the internet of Pats fans ripping the guy and his family is pretty pathetic. He left, he did what he had to do, he owed us nothing, and we say salud. Let him have his day, people. Please.

This should be about Tom Brady, not New England or Tampa or whoever the hell.

The greatest to ever strap it up.

Two thoughts:

1) The Hoodie needs to invest in some cheap reading glasses;

2) Dougie P is wondering where his cache was back in 2020 when the Birds tanked against WFT. Not only did he not get paid but they dumped him after the season as well.
Belichick is an old fart, he doesn’t know how to text!

As a Patriot fan:

All of the Patriot fans who are whining on Twitter clearly have no sense. He left, and two years ago he poured his heart out to us. Some of us moved on.

Some of us clearly didn’t.

Lots of Patriots fans must not have been through a bad breakup before, because what I’m seeing on the internet of Pats fans ripping the guy and his family is pretty pathetic. He left, he did what he had to do, he owed us nothing, and we say salud. Let him have his day, people. Please.

This should be about Tom Brady, not New England or Tampa or whoever the hell.

The greatest to ever strap it up.
I don’t give a chit. I agree.
He is going to retire a Patriot.

Felger wants to say Brady HATES YOU. Because it programs his show.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom