2021 NFL Thread | Page 231 | Syracusefan.com

2021 NFL Thread

at its core this Flores case is more about the good ol boys network than just classic racism.

it’s why you see every other coach is a ex coaches son. They hire people who want to play the game and play yes men to the owners. Don’t rock the boat.

That is a tough one. I think it goes Brady, Jordan, Ruth, Gretzky myself. There are so many greats in baseball too for different reasons.
Surprised not more love for Gretzky. His peak in the 1980s with the 4 Stanley Cups in unparalleled. Still way ahead of 2nd place for all time points. Still first for points/game. The one knock is he could never win it all with the Kings or Rangers...

I'm not as knowledgeable about hockey as the other sports, but seems like there is an argument for him to be #1. Plus he wasn't physically dominant like Ruth.

Ruth played in a segregated sport.
I really don’t get Babe Ruth.

BBWAAers are obsessed with his legend.
Its like Wilt Chamberlain competing against prehistoric rosters full of Brian Scalabrines. His numbers were insane.

Its. 1. Brady 2. Jordan 3. Grefzky 4. Ruth for me.

Tosh put it well:

"Nobody wants to watch a pitching battle either. Let’s hit the ball deep. Don’t worry about your records either. For every superstar that has done steroids, a billion Double A boys have juiced up, so the playing field is plenty even. We’ll put an asterisk next to Barry Bonds’ name, sure, as soon as we put one next to babe Ruth’s name. Getting to break records before black people were allowed to play? Excuse me? Where is that asterisk? Why don’t people talk about that? Oh, I’d love to know how many homers the babe would have hit had C.C. Been throwing him 92-mile-an-hour sliders."

Surprised not more love for Gretzky. His peak in the 1980s with the 4 Stanley Cups in unparalleled. Still way ahead of 2nd place for all time points. Still first for points/game. The one knock is he could never win it all with the Kings or Rangers...

I'm not as knowledgeable about hockey as the other sports, but seems like there is an argument for him to be #1. Plus he wasn't physically dominant like Ruth.

Gretzky has so many scoring records that I just think will never be broken. If you took away all of his assists he recorded, he would still be the NHL's all time leading scorer. Just insane

Brady is the most accomplished football player ever but he is not the best football player ever. If we are just going by titles then Yogi is the best baseball player, Bill Russell is the best basketball player, and Jean Beliveau is the best hockey player.

Brady is the most accomplished football player ever but he is not the best football player ever. If we are just going by titles then Yogi is the best baseball player, Bill Russell is the best basketball player, and Jean Beliveau is the best hockey player.
Best football player ever was probably LT or Jim Brown.. LT was definitely more influential in that the entire way modern offenses are constructed is a reaction to mitigate the disruptive force he was.

Brady , despite his accomplishments, hasn’t had such an effect , in fact teams have moved away from his style of quarterbacking

Ok Flores going around doing these interviews seated with two lawyers is not the best look. I understand why they’re doing it, but it looks weak

Ruth played in a segregated sport.
I really don’t get Babe Ruth.

BBWAAers are obsessed with his legend.
Its like Wilt Chamberlain competing against prehistoric rosters full of Brian Scalabrines. His numbers were insane.

Its. 1. Brady 2. Jordan 3. Grefzky 4. Ruth for me.
Don't tell me you believe that Bill Simmons BS. Wilt competed against much better big men in his day than what exists now. Russell, Willis Reed, Nate Thurmond, Artis Gilmore, Bob Lanier and KAJ to name a few. Wilt was a spectacular athlete - incredible high jumper, ran a sub :50 quarter mile at Kansas - who would have thrived in any era. There are several youtube videos out there that do some extensive work on Wilt. Watch a few and then you'll know Simmons is full of sheet.

The only thing I'll say about Ruth was his #s were so much better than the guys he played against. He led the AL with 60 dingers in a year when the next closest was 30. Tough to compare eras but there is a reason why he is held in such high regard.

Best football player ever was probably LT or Jim Brown.. LT was definitely more influential in that the entire way modern offenses are constructed is a reaction to mitigate the disruptive force he was.

Brady , despite his accomplishments, hasn’t had such an effect , in fact teams have moved away from his style of quarterbacking
Being coked out to the max probably helped LT as much as steroids helped Bonds.

Don't tell me you believe that Bill Simmons BS. Wilt competed against much better big men in his day than what exists now. Russell, Willis Reed, Nate Thurmond, Artis Gilmore, Bob Lanier and KAJ to name a few. Wilt was a spectacular athlete - incredible high jumper, ran a sub :50 quarter mile at Kansas - who would have thrived in any era. There are several youtube videos out there that do some extensive work on Wilt. Watch a few and then you'll know Simmons is full of sheet.

The only thing I'll say about Ruth was his #s were so much better than the guys he played against. He led the AL with 60 dingers in a year when the next closest was 30. Tough to compare eras but there is a reason why he is held in such high regard.
Even if wilt did compete against weaker bigs … you still have to judge him relative to the era in which he played …. It’s as if he’s being punished for his physical dominance when in fact that should be more of a plus in his favor

Always thought Jerry Rice deserved more love for best football player ever.

I put Jerry in the same category I do Emmitt Smith. Both had long careers with good teams and compiled a lot of stats. Both are all timers but neither are blow you away physically kind of guys the way say Randy Moss or Barry Sanders are.

So like everything else it is in the eye of the beer-holder.

Being coked out to the max probably helped LT as much as steroids helped Bonds.
Never did coke before but they say the crash when your on it is big time. I always felt it hurt him he could have been even better.

I was thinking the Washington Football Hogs to keep the simplicity but add the culture in. I agree that WFT was way better than this.
Eh someone from peta would have been offended and threw a temper tantrum how it's offensive towards pigs.

Even if wilt did compete against weaker bigs … you still have to judge him relative to the era in which he played …. It’s as if he’s being punished for his physical dominance when in fact that should be more of a plus in his favor
Agreed. The players I mentioned were 6'9", 6'10", 6'11, 6'11, 7'3" and 7'2". Simmons initiated this stoopid narrative that Wilt played against the lilliputians back then. Complete BS.

The amazing thing about this video is that these were plays (except for the track and field footage) that took place when Wilt was way past his prime.

All I can say is, I hope he has an email or a phone call, or else this is not going to end well for him.

And if he DOES have that email and/or phone call, this is going to change a LOT of things about the NFL, everything from recently-legalized gambling (Miami suggesting throwing games = Black Sox, Pete Rose, even worse).

And then of course, the secret agreement to interview but seldom hire black coaches for head coaching jobs.

Did Belichick just do send that text to the wrong guy on purpose?
Did he intend to try to help end racism in the NFL?
This is not a guy who is EVER "careless".

All I can say is, I hope he has an email or a phone call, or else this is not going to end well for him.

And if he DOES have that email and/or phone call, this is going to change a LOT of things about the NFL, everything from recently-legalized gambling (Miami suggesting throwing games = Black Sox, Pete Rose, even worse).

And then of course, the secret agreement to interview but seldom hire black coaches for head coaching jobs.

Did Belichick just do send that text to the wrong guy on purpose?
Did he intend to try to help end racism in the NFL?
This is not a guy who is EVER "careless".

Ah so that's why Hue Jackson lost all those games with the Browns.

Would have not been my choice for a few reasons if I was a WFT fan.
They had it, and the blew it. The Washington Football Team was perfect.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom