2021 USMNT Thread | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

2021 USMNT Thread

If we get to fantasize about our next coach for just a moment, I hope we get an Italian coach next. Italian coaches are the most astute tactically. How many Italian coaches have come to the Premier League and won the title in the last 10 - 15 years? Several have been successful.
While fair, I’d also rather never see us play like the Italian national team.

While fair, I’d also rather never see us play like the Italian national team.

Imagine somebody like Max Allegri or Antonio Conte coaching the US Men's team. Those guys just win, and I personally don't think their teams have been boring to watch.

We’ll see how true this is. The money is what I balk at considering that Bayern is still trying to get out from under Jan Fiete Arp who they overpaid for and hasn’t materialized into a viable backup for Lewandowski.

Mexico was the better team but still losing on a give away goal hurts.. 2nd half was much more even and there was enough pressure just no real good plays to create shots and the shots they took were way over struck.

We’ll see how true this is. The money is what I balk at considering that Bayern is still trying to get out from under Jan Fiete Arp who they overpaid for and hasn’t materialized into a viable backup for Lewandowski.

Strange. I thought the wheels fell off the Hoppe hype-train (at least the wheels that he was going to make a major move — not with regards to the national team) over the last few months. I haven’t watched but reports seemed to point to him disappearing in games because he’s more of an opportunistic scorer not an offensive lynch pin.

really once they got rolling about half way thru the first half created tons of chances.. The subs in the 2nd half made the game pretty wide open but if Reyna finishes anything we score 1-2 more He had shots he needs to make.. Dest with the ball on his feet was dynamic all night. Pulisic got better and better as the first half went on.. Jamaica really only created chances by bombing the ball deep into some physical control plays most of the night. no build up at all.. the US had 10-12 solid chances.. Our set pieces were not very well done and that needs to get better..

Still when we are scoring 4-5 goals a game thats something we havent done against anyone. have to win sunday to get some of these guys into olympics.

the schedule the next 8 months is crazy/

Kellyn Acosta is having one of the worst games I've seen a US player have in a while. Holy smokes.

He's not even good in MLS, I have no idea why he's on this roster, let alone playing...

That formation will need work, and Berhalter already admitted as much... they were exposed at the back a few times and better teams would have put away their chances.

ireland really only created chances on a couple bad passes and some poorly played headers by the D.. Still the US should probably had 4-5 goals and made the game less stressful..

the set pieces need some work. The good thing was the subs they bring in lately uptempo and create even more chances that the other teams subs do.

Dike looks like a young Altedore and thats something that can be very useful going forward.

Pulisik had his best game in a long time.

Any chance Steffen makes a move this summer to be first choice keeper somewhere?

Maybe even a move back to Germany? He’s capable of being a first choice keeper.

That’s as bad as I’ve ever seen a US team look in the first half and then the Honduras goal to end the half. Got 45 minutes or we miss the Olympics AGAIN.

Jason Kreis has been one of the worst professional coaches in America over the last decade. This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

And then we get a beauty from Jackson "Buddy" Yueill!

had more than enough chances to tie that. but that gift goal hurt..

n. Macedonia beat germany in Germany. how does that happen

I never realized that there'd be that much talent on the N. Macedonia team. I'm not gonna pretend I am familiar with them, but scanning through their roster they have a bunch of starters in Series A/B, La Liga, EPL, etc. Some are even getting major minutes in European competition.

I watched the Germany/Romania game over the weekend but I thought Germany looked awful and were lucky not to drop points. They certainly seemed to be giving up a lot of opportunities and were lucky that Romania failed to finish a couple of good chances, especially in the last 25 minutes or so. They finished and shot very poorly as well.

Results like this are a good reminder that our qualifying isn't going to be the cake walk that some fans think. The gaps between us and the lower level teams we'll see in the hex are probably similar to Germany and N. Macedonia, plus we'll be playing on the equator, in the middle or rainforests, in 90 degree heat and 90% humidity, with parties outside our hotel room windows all night before each game.

crazy to think if that group was done now Germany would not qualify after not losing a match like than in 20 yrs.

Just to jump back to Olympics. Wanted to chime in and blame Kreis mostly. Bad tactics and very bad roster choices. Took 5-6 DMs with few creative players and for some reason didn't like Jeremy Ebobisse.

Honduras owns the US in U23.

Just to jump back to Olympics. Wanted to chime in and blame Kreis mostly. Bad tactics and very bad roster choices. Took 5-6 DMs with few creative players and for some reason didn't like Jeremy Ebobisse.

Honduras owns the US in U23.

I'm always down to hear some more Kreis bashing!

I can't believe he was paid a million dollars to just listen to Pep Guardiola and Dome Torrent coach for a year, and somehow became a worse coach. The only thing he came away with was it's okay to have defenders pass to each other, but never figured out how to build out of the back. We saw that with the lazy giveaways in the defensive third leading to goals against both Mexico and Honduras.

But the thing that really got me was him throwing players under the bus after the game even though his defense had no shape, he had no offensive game plan except get the ball into the corner, and his roster selection, lineups, and substitution selections were schit.

EDIT: TLDR - Kreis is an arrogant idiot who is an MLS 1.0 coach who caught lightning in a bottle by adopting a wonderful roster a dozen years ago and has been a laughing stock since.

Last edited:
I'm always down to hear some more Kreis bashing!

I can't believe he was paid a million dollars to just listen to Pep Guardiola and Dome Torrent coach for a year, and somehow became a worse coach. The only thing he came away with was it's okay to have defenders pass to each other, but never figured out how to build out of the back. We saw that with the lazy giveaways in the defensive third leading to goals against both Mexico and Honduras.

But the thing that really got me was him throwing players under the bus after the game even though his defense had no shape, he had no offensive game plan except get the ball into the corner, and his roster selection, lineups, and substitution selections were schit.

EDIT: TLDR - Kreis is an arrogant idiot who is an MLS 1.0 coach who caught lightning in a bottle by adopting a wonderful roster a dozen years ago and has been a laughing stock since.

American coaches with actual quality is still lacking. Too much influence from the UK. Stoke Tony Pulis mentality.

McKennie hosted a dinner party. On a somewhat related note I ordered his authentic Juve third kit (Orange/Black), and it didn’t disappoint when it came in a couple weeks ago.

Just another young American having an incredible stretch in Europe in one of the most physical leagues in the world. He’s got Barnsley dreaming of going up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom