2021 USMNT Thread | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

2021 USMNT Thread

While fair, I’d also rather never see us play like the Italian national team.
When was the last time you saw them play?

They are a contender this summer and will be a contender next year also.

Tremendous assortment of young talent.

Lone weakness is that they don't have a Lewandowski-type goal-scorer at the intl level.

Immobile is a nice player but is simply not burying his chances.

They also don't play your father's catennaccio and haven't for a long time.

Just another young American having an incredible stretch in Europe in one of the most physical leagues in the world. He’s got Barnsley dreaming of going up.

I wish I picked out stocks as well as breakout MLS players... :(

I think Dike is a massively important player skillwise for USMNT now. When CONCACAF bunkers we'll have to play long balls and he's physical and strong enough to win those.

Just a programming alert - CONCACAF Champions League is airing on FS1.

Brad Guzan doing what Brad Guzan does and tried to break a player's leg. Excited to have him no where near our national team going forward.

Brad Guzan doing what Brad Guzan does and tried to break a player's leg. Excited to have him no where near our national team going forward.

With the Olympics failed I think it's now time bring Ochoa along as the No. 3 GK for long-term experience. I know people love Matt Turner too. Those two can fight for three or try and supplant Horvath as the backup (who i think is great just is caught in a bad club sit)

Ref pulled and showed a yellow. Players bullied their way into a red. Got CONCACAFed. Should have been a red anyway. Hate when players swarm the ref like that.. need to issue yellows for stuff like that. I know that would've been like 8 yellows but still...

ATL UTD scored the lone and winning goal at the 50 minute mark. Played more than half the match with 10.

The 18 year old back-up keep, Rocco Rios Novo, was signed the day before and came in to make 6 saves. Watch out Guz. Rios Novo is stand out for Argentina's YNT but was born in LA, so he is USA eligible.

Ref pulled and showed a yellow. Players bullied their way into a red. Got CONCACAFed. Should have been a red anyway. Hate when players swarm the ref like that.. need to issue yellows for stuff like that. I know that would've been like 8 yellows but still...

ATL UTD scored the lone and winning goal at the 50 minute mark. Played more than half the match with 10.

The 18 year old back-up keep, Rocco Rios Novo, was signed the day before and came in to make 6 saves. Watch out Guz. Rios Novo is stand out for Argentina's YNT but was born in LA, so he is USA eligible.

CCL employs referee comms. I believe he was in communication with the sideline/fourth official which made him switch it to a red.

Last edited:

Lone weakness is that they don't have a Lewandowski-type goal-scorer at the intl level.

Italy is the home of great tactics.
Italian coaches come to the Premier League and often win it in their first or second season.
An Italian coach would improve our back line, maybe switch us to a three at the back (or at least put that in our kit against the best opponents), and they would teach our players how to not just hold the ball at the back, but turn and look upfield.

The thing that most annoys me about so-called play from the back teams is when the outlet guy in the middle fails to turn and look upfield. Otherwise, you're just waiting for the press to cause a mistake. You need to draw them to you as defenders, but then find the outlet to start your fast break. Italian coaches are great at this, in my opinion.

Playing from the back, ideally, is like the screen pass in American football - you draw the defenders in, you take advantage of their over-pursuit, and then you swing the ball past the defense and have open field in front of you.

Any idea if peacock app does PL replays? My Hulu DVR was full and didn't realize it.

Any idea if peacock app does PL replays? My Hulu DVR was full and didn't realize it.

Yes, it does. Games are usually available 2 hours after they end.

I was just being an a$$ as a huge fan of the German national team. I know this young group is a lot different than how Italy used to be known and play a much more fun style. I’ll just always hate Chiellini and that type of Italian team. This younger core is so talented for them though.

Fiorentina - Atalanta was on ABC...

Never, ever thought I'd see that day...
The Mouse has been great with soccer coverage. FA Cup, Serie A, Bundesliga, and Eredivisie on ESPN+... I’d like to see more of it on ABC. Wouldn’t mind if they picked up EPL for ‘22-‘23 and beyond.

Can’t believe there wasn’t a single EPL game on television today. NBC sucks, and I refuse to get their crappy peacock app.
How about the fact that we are into the champions league knockout rounds and not a single game is on TV? CBS streams them on something called paramount+? Seriously?

Basically what will happen is that we used to spend ~$200/month to get basic cable plus premium content add ons through a cable box and now we will spend ~$250 for a combo pf YoutubeTV or HuluTV or Sling for "basic cable" plus Netflix, Disney, Paramount, Peacock, etc... for premium content add ons.

Then someone will offer a $200/month product that has basic cable plus premium and we will be back where we were before cord cutting.

The Tottenham - United game was on NBC at lunchtime.
Seriously? Didn’t see it listed on the Spectrum guide. I also check LiveSoccerTV dot com and NBC wasn’t listed, only Peacock. Can’t believe I missed it now, although I was able to get some yard work done while I followed along on the BBC Sports game thread.

How about the fact that we are into the champions league knockout rounds and not a single game is on TV? CBS streams them on something called paramount+? Seriously?

Basically what will happen is that we used to spend ~$200/month to get basic cable plus premium content add ons through a cable box and now we will spend ~$250 for a combo pf YoutubeTV or HuluTV or Sling for "basic cable" plus Netflix, Disney, Paramount, Peacock, etc... for premium content add ons.

Then someone will offer a $200/month product that has basic cable plus premium and we will be back where we were before cord cutting.
You are right, it is crazy. I have Paramount so I can watch it through the app, but if I wanted to watch the United/Grenada match last Thursday on Spectrum I would have had to watch a Spanish broadcast (which is fine but not preferred) or that Golazo Show which is basically like NFL Red Zone. Fine for football, not for soccer in my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
You are right, it is crazy. I have Paramount so I can watch it through the app, but if I wanted to watch the United/Grenada match last Thursday on Spectrum I would have had to watch a Spanish broadcast (which is fine but not preferred) or that Golazo Show which is basically like NFL Red Zone. Fine for football, not for soccer in my opinion.
thats why i have paramount+ tons of content and then soccer as a bonus. add In Bein sports has a lot of soccer too

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom