2021 Yankees Off Season / Spring Training ... | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

2021 Yankees Off Season / Spring Training ...

Not spending money.
the joke is over.

you are a NY baseball fan alright.

a mets fan.

a twenty-nothing one at that.

every time other than Reggie (thats Jackson, we all know you never saw him play) and to a degree Arod (thats Alex Rodriguez, we all doubt you even saw him play, or at least not in his prime) that when Yankees have spent $$$, they didnt win,

go away.

stop posting in the Yankees thread.

Yeah because you drafted and developed Mookie Betts.

We drafted and developed the prospects that we gave up without a care in the world(because we have so many of them) for Mookie Betts.

Kershaw
Buehler
May
Urias
Jansen
Smith
Bellinger
Seager
Pederson
All drafted and developed.

Muncy
Turner
Taylor
Hernandez

All off the scrap heap and developed.

Take notes.

the joke is over.

a mets fan.

every time other than Reggie (thats Jackson, we all know you never saw him play) and to a degree Arod (thats Alex Rodriguez, we all doubt you even saw him play, or at least not in his prime) that when Yankees have spent $$$, they didnt win,

go away.

Uh-Oh. There's about to be a full blown cage match Kaiser vs. CuseRunner...
popcorn 2.gif

Let's look at when the Yankees were most successful in recent times (i.e. not the 1950s-1960s)

The free agent spending is part of it, but it is mostly smart drafting and trading.

The 1998 roster
-"Core 4" were homegrown talent developed in minors
-Tino/Wells/O'Neill/Cone were product of smart trades
-El Duque and Irabu they flexed their $$ muscles

When you simply start throwing money at the problem, you get contracts like Kevin Brown, or Cecil Fielder. Those bloated payroll rosters never got them over the top

If you want to make an argument for Cashman being the best GM, you need to look at his hot streak from 2015-2016. Dumping payroll. Remember Andrew Miller? Brilliance with signing Chapman, then getting Gleyber Torres from a Cubs team that was desperate to win the WS. That trade will go down in history

As a Yankees fan, it is really satisfying to have a roster with homegrown guys like Judge, Severino and Gary (before he sucked). And super smart pickups like DJ and Gio. Cole is the token big ticket free agent, and in that case it was worth it to get over the hump

That part matters. In the 1980s/1990s, all the haters would say the Yankees would simply outspend everyone else. Sure, I want to win, but it feels good to do it on a more level playing field

And the luxury tax is a salary cap of sorts. In some ways it is worse because you actually give money to the lower payroll teams.

I don't give Hal a complete pass. If DJ signs with the Mets, I will be livid. While George was an amazing owner overall, the Yankees had plenty of mediocre teams from the mid 80s until the epic 1996-2000 run. And I'm not sure if George would have been a successful owner in the luxury tax era. It is a different world.

For all the George love by CR the only reason the Yankees late 90's/early 2000s run happens is because George got suspended in 1991 or 1992. He's probably too young to remember when that news broke there was a standing ovation in Yankee Stadium.

For all the George love by CR the only reason the Yankees late 90's/early 2000s run happens is because George got suspended in 1991 or 1992. He's probably too young to remember when that news broke there was a standing ovation in Yankee Stadium.

It was 1990 and I was 4 years old so no.

the joke is over.

a mets fan.

go away.

Hey Pal. I'm a bigger Yankee fan than you. Attended my first game when I was 9 in 1995. Now that I have a family of my own myself, my girlfriend, our daughter and my girlfriend parents take 2 to 3 weekend series trips a season to Yankee Stadium and probably one away series usually cross-town against the Mets. Spend good money doing it too and never miss a Yankee game watching at home on TV. So don't question my fandom pal.

Hey Pal. I'm a bigger Yankee fan than you. Attended my first game when I was 9 in 1995. Now that I have a family of my own myself, my girlfriend, our daughter and my girlfriend parents take 2 to 3 weekend series trips a season to Yankee Stadium and probably one away series usually cross-town against the Mets. Spend good money doing it too and never miss a Yankee game watching at home on TV. So don't question my fandom pal.
You can't argue with that. Those are the parameters for extreme Yankee fandom.

We drafted and developed the prospects that we gave up without a care in the world(because we have so many of them) for Mookie Betts.

Kershaw
Buehler
May
Urias
Jansen
Smith
Bellinger
Seager
Pederson
All drafted and developed.

Muncy
Turner
Taylor
Hernandez

All off the scrap heap and developed.

Take notes.

Drafted or (traded for and developed) Developed

Judge
Torres
Frazier
Sanchez
Severino
German
Garcia
Montgomery
Greene
Gardner

Off scrap heap and developed

Voit
Urshela
Tauchman

Drafted or (traded for and developed) Developed

Judge
Torres
Frazier
Sanchez
Severino
German
Garcia
Montgomery
Greene
Gardner

Off scrap heap and developed

Voit
Urshela
Tauchman

Cool. Then they don’t need to outbid everybody for superstar free agents to win a World Series then, right? Glad we’re in agreement.

Dodgers lone “big” free agent signing was AJ Pollock.

Using "pal" condescendingly twice in one post isn't a great idea if you're hoping to stick around and ever be taken seriously.

Cool. Then they don’t need to outbid everybody for superstar free agents to win a World Series then, right? Glad we’re in agreement.

Dodgers lone “big” free agent signing was AJ Pollock.

We have holes to fill. Need a Starting Catcher, another middle rotation arm, and a top bullpen arm.

Next year with that free agent class we upgrade from what we already have.

We have holes to fill. Need a Starting Catcher, another middle rotation arm, and a top bullpen arm.

Next year with that free agent class we upgrade from what we already have.

Probably not.

Probably not.

Ah yes. Don't tell fans about the Luxury Tax as an excuse not to spend money. When we the fans spend what it costs a months worth of groceries on tickets, parking/travel, and concessions every season to attend a game.

Ah yes. Don't tell fans about the Luxury Tax as an excuse not to spend money. When we the fans spend what it costs a months worth of groceries on tickets, parking/travel, and concessions every season to attend a game.

This is the part where everybody has already explained it to you over and over, but you just keep repeating the same thing, so everybody starts laughing at you.

Just trying to help out. Maybe you can be better in 2021.

well in that case my apologies...

my 1st game i remember was 1978, 1st time i saw them at Fenway was 1980.

in 1995, even off the strike...i went to id conservatively guess...20 games.

then from 1996-2012 i went to no less than 50 a year and never missed a playoff game.

with a family now, yes, i attend far less.

regardless, ive probably seen the Yankees more at Fenway, Shea, Citi & Camden each, then youve seen them in the Bronx.

but yes, i stand humbled at your greatness.

then from 1996-2012 i went to no less than 50 a year and never missed a playoff game.

regardless, ive probably seen the Yankees more at Fenway, Shea, Citi & Camden each, then youve seen them in the Bronx.

Well, you must get Cashman’s direct line. Can you tell him to sign all the best free agents, or else?

But do you have pinstripes tattooed on your balls?

Well, you must get Cashman’s direct line. Can you tell him to sign all the best free agents, or else?
when the Yankees traded Oscar Gamble in the spring of '77 coming off a WS loss for a SS to replace the Chicken...i was devastated.

my dad used up all the UEO street cred we had yelling at Gabe Paul.

You were in your 20s back in the spring. Now you’re 34?

Liar.

NCAA allows players to return to campus June 1 for voluntary workouts. SU Classes start Aug 24

Kaiser bro. My biggest issue is with Hal. He doesnt have that extra drive to win like George did. George Yankees went out and signed Texiera after signing CC and Burnett when everybody thought the Yankees were done spending. I want Hal to spend more money. We better spend big next offseason.