2021 Yankees Off Season / Spring Training ... | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

2021 Yankees Off Season / Spring Training ...

Apparently Strat-o-matic had a big resurgence during the 2020 lockdowns

Yeah, I ended up buying a game and joining a league with three others.

Owners and GM's do care about it.

That's where you keep getting tripped up.

This isn't a game of Strat-o-matic where you just trade cards. $$$ is real, whether you care about it or not.

I'm just asking for us to operate like a big market team (one of the most valuable franchises in professional sports) in a league with no salary cap.

I would be more sympathetic to teams being hit by a cumulative luxury tax if they reported their actual revenues (i.e., from stakes in RSNs, parking garages...etc).

I'm just asking for us to operate like a big market team (one of the most valuable franchises in professional sports) in a league with no salary cap.
No, you just want the team to sign every free agent you believe is attractive with no regard for the realities of operating a baseball franchise in 2020.

No, you just want the team to sign every free agent you believe is attractive with no regard for the realities of operating a baseball franchise in 2020.

Bunk. Never said that. I want us to spend on needs in free agency. Resign DJ, and then resign Tanaka and Paxton (Qualifying offer) and add a top available bullpen arm. That is my dream offseason. I would let Tanaka and Paxton go in order to sign Bauer (Only if we get Gerrit Cole blessing)

Bunk. Never said that. I want us to spend on needs in free agency. Resign DJ, and then resign Tanaka and Paxton (Qualifying offer) and add a top available bullpen arm. That is my dream offseason. I would let Tanaka and Paxton go in order to sign Bauer (Only if we get Gerrit Cole blessing)

DJ needs to show more Yankee Pride and appreciation for the fans who go to a couple games every year!

I DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE LUXURY TAX.

Res ipsa loquitur.

Again you are giving me 2020 and the costs and losses from the Pandemic. Fans do not care. Quote from the great George Steinbrenner "Yankee fans and the people of New York deserve the best". Hal should have this quote on the ceiling over his bed so it's the first thing he sees when he wakes up in the morning.

We better spend big next offseason then C-Salvador Perez, 1B Freddie Freeman, 3b Jose Ramirez, Kris Bryant, Nolan Arenado, SS- Carlos Correa, Francisco Lindon, Corey Seager, Trevor Story, SP- Noah Syndegard

We better end up with least 2 of those guys.

Again you are giving me 2020 and the costs and losses from the Pandemic. Fans do not care. Quote from the great George Steinbrenner "Yankee fans and the people of New York deserve the best". Hal should have this quote on the ceiling over his bed so it's the first thing he sees when he wakes up in the morning.

We better spend big next offseason then C-Salvador Perez, 1B Freddie Freeman, 3b Jose Ramirez, Kris Bryant, Nolan Arenado, SS- Carlos Correa, Francisco Lindon, Corey Seager, Trevor Story, SP- Noah Syndegard

Where are the Yankee fans’ white collar amenities?

I'm not even referring to the pandemic, just the rules under which teams operate and compete today. I'm heartened that you actually acknowledge that the pandemic is real, however.

"We better end up with least 2 of those guys." And if not, what happens? Does George rise from the dead and start putting people on notice?

Where are the Yankee fans’ white collar amenities?

Well when you shop at Tiffany's year after year. Don't start looking at the Walmart Jewelry section all of sudden.

Real well run franchises develop their own players.

The Dodgers and Rays are setting the trends and it’s no coincidence they played in the World Series.

It’s not 1998 anymore.

Real well run franchises develop their own players.

The Dodgers and Rays are setting the trends and it’s no coincidence they played in the World Series.

It’s not 1998 anymore.

Yeah because you drafted and developed Mookie Betts.

Well when you shop at Tiffany's year after year. Don't start looking at the Walmart Jewelry section all of sudden.

You are a Miller Light in a bottle kind of guy in a craft beer in a can world.

I'm not even referring to the pandemic, just the rules under which teams operate and compete today. I'm heartened that you actually acknowledge that the pandemic is real, however.

"We better end up with least 2 of those guys." And if not, what happens? Does George rise from the dead and start putting people on notice?

Yankee fans voices will be heard otherwise.

Are you going to write Hal a scathing letter?

Hal needs to start spending like a big market owner in a league with no salary cap. 2nd most valuable sports franchise in 2019. Yankee fans will turn on him like Mets fans did with the Wilpons. How much longer u expect us to put up with this ?

I'm beyond frustrated. DJ would be resigned already if George was alive, and we would probably sign Trevor Bauer too. Especially coming off losing in the playoffs to Tampa Bay. George would be livid.

Hal needs to start spending like a big market owner in a league with no salary cap. 2nd most valuable sports franchise in 2019. Yankee fans will turn on him like Mets fans did with the Wilpons. How much longer u expect us to put up with this ?

I'm beyond frustrated. DJ would be resigned already if George was alive, and we would probably sign Trevor Bauer too. Especially coming off losing in the playoffs to Tampa Bay. George would be livid.

So, is that a yes on the letter?

How can you consistently have one of the highest payrolls in the game yet not spend money?

Like I said. I and most Yankee fans will be happy with just resigning DJ this offseason. Severino coming back is huge get back to our rotation. But they better spend big next offseason with that free agent class. Look how the Padres are spending and being active.

I'm sure Hal gets Yes network in his house Yankee fans will go on the Michael Kay Show which is simulcast on Yes and voice their displeasure with his miserly ways. George shopped at Tiffany's for just under 37 years of owning the team and gave us Yankee fans and New York the best because we deserved it.

Let's look at when the Yankees were most successful in recent times (i.e. not the 1950s-1960s)

The free agent spending is part of it, but it is mostly smart drafting and trading.

The 1998 roster
-"Core 4" were homegrown talent developed in minors
-Tino/Wells/O'Neill/Cone were product of smart trades
-El Duque and Irabu they flexed their $$ muscles

When you simply start throwing money at the problem, you get contracts like Kevin Brown, or Cecil Fielder. Those bloated payroll rosters never got them over the top

If you want to make an argument for Cashman being the best GM, you need to look at his hot streak from 2015-2016. Dumping payroll. Remember Andrew Miller? Brilliance with signing Chapman, then getting Gleyber Torres from a Cubs team that was desperate to win the WS. That trade will go down in history

As a Yankees fan, it is really satisfying to have a roster with homegrown guys like Judge, Severino and Gary (before he sucked). And super smart pickups like DJ and Gio. Cole is the token big ticket free agent, and in that case it was worth it to get over the hump

That part matters. In the 1980s/1990s, all the haters would say the Yankees would simply outspend everyone else. Sure, I want to win, but it feels good to do it on a more level playing field

And the luxury tax is a salary cap of sorts. In some ways it is worse because you actually give money to the lower payroll teams.

I don't give Hal a complete pass. If DJ signs with the Mets, I will be livid. While George was an amazing owner overall, the Yankees had plenty of mediocre teams from the mid 80s until the epic 1996-2000 run. And I'm not sure if George would have been a successful owner in the luxury tax era. It is a different world.