2021 Yankees Off Season / Spring Training ... | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

2021 Yankees Off Season / Spring Training ...

I don't know what's going on, but when I hit the Yahoo homepage it's bringing up news stories about Yankees games from years back and when Sabathia was pitching.

I don't know what's going on, but when I hit the Yahoo homepage it's bringing up news stories about Yankees games from years back and when Sabathia was pitching.

CC had a documentary on HBO last night. Maybe he's making a comeback just to pitch against Tampa?

cheap Hal and Cashman are going to lose DJ.
I knew immediately when the Yankees lost to Rays (a team with 1/3 their payroll) that Hal would throw a fit and cut payroll. Would not surprise me at all if DJ ends up with another team. This has the feel of the Corbin fiasco.

Cashman who I like. I think hes the best GM in baseball. But he is asleep at the wheel this offseason dragging his feet with DJ and now let's Snell get traded without even tipping his feet into the trade waters. Wake up.

Cashman who I like. I think hes the best GM in baseball. But he is asleep at the wheel this offseason dragging his feet with DJ and now let's Snell get traded without even tipping his feet into the trade waters. Wake up.
WWGD?

Fire him to send a message.

Fire him to send a message.

No but just saying. He is asleep at the wheel. You give DJ whatever he wants. 5 years 100 million. Why wasn't he in on the Blake Snell trade good thing he was traded out west to the national league. These are not unreasonable questions to be asking.

Why must we operate like we are the Miami Marlins. We can afford anybody. Dont give me Yankees lost more money then any team in baseball by not having fans in the stands. Yankee fans do not want to hear that.

No but just saying. He is asleep at the wheel. You give DJ whatever he wants. 5 years 100 million. Why wasn't he in on the Blake Snell trade good thing he was traded out west to the national league. These are not unreasonable questions to be asking.

Why must we operate like we are the Miami Marlins. We can afford anybody. Dont give me Yankees lost more money then any team in baseball by not having fans in the stands. Yankee fans do not want to hear that.

This guy has just been sitting on these takes for weeks, dying to post them!

Amazingly it’s the same exact stuff he was posting before his vacation.

Give DJ whatever he wants. Just like we gave Ellsbury 7 years $150 million.

Do you have any idea if Cash kicked the tires on Snell, and what the asking price was? You would have been thrilled if we traded DJ and Deivi for Tampa for Snell, right?

I doubt the Rays were willing to deal Snell within the division, particularly with the Yankees, unless it was taking all of the Yankees top prospects. Also, it would firmly keep the Yankees above the luxury tax threshold with an increasing percentage, further helping its competition. Literally paying the Yankees competition to get better. Pretty stupid, don’t you think?

I doubt the Rays were willing to deal Snell within the division, particularly with the Yankees, unless it was taking all of the Yankees top prospects. Also, it would firmly keep the Yankees above the luxury tax threshold with an increasing percentage, further helping its competition. Literally paying the Yankees competition to get better. Pretty stupid, don’t you think?

I DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE LUXURY TAX.

I DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE LUXURY TAX.
You understand that it only makes your competition stronger right? And, the longer you are above the threshold the higher the rate? So, it is imperative to reset periodically. Otherwise, you are paying your competitors to keep and/or obtain high priced free agents.

Owners and GM's do care about it.

That's where you keep getting tripped up.

This isn't a game of Strat-o-matic where you just trade cards. $$$ is real, whether you care about it or not.
I still have my strat-o-matic baseball games somewhere. Good memories. Probably should get them out someday soon. Their NBA game was pretty good, too.

I still have my strat-o-matic baseball games somewhere. Good memories. Probably should get them out someday soon. Their NBA game was pretty good, too.
Apparently Strat-o-matic had a big resurgence during the 2020 lockdowns