2021 Yankees Off Season / Spring Training ... | Page 34 | Syracusefan.com

2021 Yankees Off Season / Spring Training ...

Back to my original point. You fire a player they are still millionaires. You fire someone on the medical/strength conditioning staff they are not they are now how going to put food on the table support their families pay rent/mortgage. It's harsh but we need to hold everybody accountable to win a world series title.
Good call.

We need to hold someone "accountable" for your inability to understand how sports (and the real world) works, along with your inability to accept the fact that the Yankees don't win the WS every year.

Don't.
Ever.
Change.

Back to my original point. You fire a player they are still millionaires. You fire someone on the medical/strength conditioning staff they are not they are now how going to put food on the table support their families pay rent/mortgage. It's harsh but we need to hold everybody accountable to win a world series title.

Remember last spring when you were pretending to care about people’s livelihoods because you wanted to get a haircut and get drunk in public?

Guess you don’t actually care about other people’s livelihoods.

Good call.

We need to hold someone "accountable" for your inability to understand how sports (and the real world) works, along with your inability to accept the fact that the Yankees don't win the WS every year.

Don't.
Ever.
Change.

Wait a minute - not even George won every year? I was just checking wikipedia and by golly, you're right.

Wait a minute - not even George won every year? I was just checking wikipedia and by golly, you're right.
I cant hear you.gif

George in his tenure as Yankee Owner when he was George before he handed it over to Hal in 2008-2009 went 10 WS and Won 6. Hal has been to 1 and won 1.

Maybe we should get back to running things old school like George used to do in his prime.

George in his tenure as Yankee Owner when he was George before he handed it over to Hal in 2008-2009 went 10 WS and Won 6. Hal has been to 1 and won 1.

Maybe we should get back to running things old school like George used to do in his prime.

Take it back to the 80’s and early 90s! Good times!!!

the George as GM Era 1980-1990.

How many titles did they win again?

i realize this is a decade where you were not born, but since you are a millennial, i know you can google.

1 World Series appearance 0 Titles. To be fair we should have won the 81 WS over the Dodgers was up 2 games to none.

1 World Series appearance 0 Titles. To be fair we should have won the 81 WS over the Dodgers was up 2 games to none.

So George gets credit when they 'should" have won "to be fair"

I think we should win them all, but Hal doesn’t want that. He wants to keep all the money and not spend it to create a superteam.

I think we should win them all, but Hal doesn’t want that. He wants to keep all the money and not spend it to create a superteam.

We could have a 300 million dollar payroll if we wanted too. No salary cap and the 2nd most valuable franchise in all of pro sports.

$500 mil here, and $500 mil there, and next thing you know we're talking about real money.
Who cares? We got it. We’re the richest team in all of sports. I’ve got a Yankees mug in my kitchen cabinet. Sure, it was a gift. But, someone paid good money for that mug, for me. And, that entitles me to a say in how we spend our money.

Who cares? We got it. We’re the richest team in all of sports. I’ve got a Yankees mug in my kitchen cabinet. Sure, it was a gift. But, someone paid good money for that mug, for me. And, that entitles me to a say in how we spend our money.

$500 mil is only $290 mil over the tax threshold.

That's just a $145 mil tax penalty.

Your $500 mil now costs $645 mil.

Someone better buy a crapload of mugs from the team store.

the George as GM Era 1980-1990.

How many titles did they win again?

i realize this is a decade where you were not born, but since you are a millennial, i know you can google.

I like to refer to 1982 to 1992 as the Yankees "starting pitching is overrated era" since they didn't seem to want to sign or develop any.

Outscore them Mattingly!

They also were down 2-0 to the Braves in 96, so I guess they “should’ve lost” that one. So...no credit?

We could have a 300 million dollar payroll if we wanted too. No salary cap and the 2nd most valuable franchise in all of pro sports.

When teams like Kansas City and Tampa Bay make it to the World Series, how on earth do you think they get the resources to pull it off?

$500 mil is only $290 mil over the tax threshold.

That's just a $145 mil tax penalty.

Your $500 mil now costs $645 mil.

Someone better buy a crapload of mugs from the team store.
I’ll get another mug. I’ll ask for one on my birthday. I need a new one anyway. My brother-in-law, the Red Sux fan pissed in my Yankees mug and told me it was Mountain Dew. Freaking douchebag, I should’ve known, it was so warm and salty. Anyway, don’t trust a Red Sux fan and Hal is a cheap SOB.