2021 Yankees Off Season / Spring Training ... | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

2021 Yankees Off Season / Spring Training ...

He could have had the procedure when the Yankees season ended in OCT or latest in November knowing he had the injury and was placed on the IL during the season. Between DR. Chris Ahmad head of Yankee medical staff and Eric Cressey head of Yankees Strength/Conditioning program I would fire both of them.

Let me make something clear because people on here constantly missed the point during the season when I called for the firing of Eric Cressey. I know these guys are the widely regarded as the best in the fields of what they do. But if the Yankees (Like George would do if he was alive) fire them it will send a message (That I constantly got mocked for during the season) to the next person they bring in on what is expected of them. In short puts the next person on notice before they even start. I'm tired of Yankee injuries and medical gaffes.
Hal needs to fire himself to send a message to himself. Put himself on notice.

Hal needs to fire himself to send a message to himself. Put himself on notice.

Steve Swindal (George Steinbrenner ex-son in law) was the heir apparent to take over. But when he and George daughter got divorced he was out of the Yankees. He by all accounts had the drive and passion to do anything to win as close to George. Hal doesn't have it and never will.

Steve Swindal (George Steinbrenner ex-son in law) was the heir apparent to take over. But when he and George daughter got divorced he was out of the Yankees. He by all accounts had the drive and passion to do anything to win as close to George. Hal doesn't have it and never will.

Oh well, sounds like you’re screwed. Enjoy watching the Rays and Mets thrive.

Oh well, sounds like you’re screwed. Enjoy watching the Rays and Mets thrive.

Where did I say that we are screwed ? We are not we spend money and will just not like George would today. If George was alive JT Realmuto would be a Yankee. I'm not complaining about Hal I said he does care but he doesn't have that extra that George had.

BTW, The Phillies are taking offers for Zach Wheeler. There is a perfect guy we could go out and get he has experience pitching in NY too. These are the moves we should be making.

Where did I say that we are screwed ? We are not we spend money and will just not like George would today. If George was alive JT Realmuto would be a Yankee. I'm not complaining about Hal I said he does care but he doesn't have that extra that George had.
You don’t know that. It is likely he would do many of the same things do to the luxury tax. Rules have changed. A team cannot just blindly spend, unless they want to pay every other team, which allows them to get better.

BTW, The Phillies are taking offers for Zach Wheeler. There is a perfect guy we could go out and get he has experience pitching in NY too. These are the moves we should be making.

You post like you think you’re screwed. But then I made you change your take and take the other side and get defensive just like that.

Proof that you’re just trolling.

You don’t know that. It is likely he would do many of the same things do to the luxury tax. Rules have changed. A team cannot just blindly spend, unless they want to pay every other team, which allows them to get better.

Fans do not care about the Luxury tax. That is just a cheap excuse not to spend money.

You post like you think you’re screwed. But then I made you change your take and take the other side and get defensive just like that.

Proof that you’re just trolling.

I didn't mean to come off like that. I wish Hal had more George in him. No reason we can not resign DJ, Tanaka to deals, Paxton the Qualifying offer. And then go big fishing and bring in JT. With the money we make (2nd most valuable pro sports franchise according to Forbes in 2020)

You’re ok with helping fund the Rays then?

I don't care. They will never be able to afford the players on the open market we go after, or afford any of our own guys we re-sign.

I don't care. They will never be able to afford the players on the open market we go after, or afford any of our own guys we re-sign.

Unfortunately for you, they know how to succeed without doing those things.

Good luck though. I’d love for the Yankees to do their part in making an LA-NY World Series happen, one of these years. Would be a shot in the arm for baseball viewership.

Unfortunately for you, they know how to succeed without doing those things.

Good luck though. I’d love for the Yankees to do their part in making an LA-NY World Series happen, one of these years. Would be a shot in the arm for baseball viewership.

Least we agree on one thing. Idk if we beat you in the World Series this past season. But if we had Paxton and Severino, and Kahnle we least make it to the WS.

Idk if we beat you in the World Series this past season.
source.gif.cf.gif

the Legend of Cuserunner continues...

I love Gio. But also and I made a valid issue out of this during the season. That type of surgery does not have u out 3 months. Yankees (Presume Cashman) give very negative return times. He could be back and ready in 2 months and not miss (or get behind in Spring Training). I wouldn't trust the Yankees training, medical, and personal doctors to treat the common cold. I would like to know who's to blame for Gio injury to begin with thus why I wanted total house cleaning.

I love Gio. But also and I made a valid issue out of this during the season. That type of surgery does not have u out 3 months. Yankees (Presume Cashman) give very negative return times. He could be back and ready in 2 months and not miss (or get behind in Spring Training). I wouldn't trust the Yankees training, medical, and personal doctors to treat the common cold. I would like to know who's to blame for Gio injury to begin with thus why I wanted total house cleaning.
Did you even read the article? No doctor would operate on a patient with COVID, unless his life was in danger. And he wasn't even in the country.

The plan called for Gio Urshela to fly from his native Colombia to New York on Oct. 29 and have a bone chip surgically removed from his right elbow three days later. Until 2020 got in the way once again.

“Then I got COVID in Colombia,” the Yankees third baseman revealed to The Post on Tuesday at a group lunch in Manhattan’s Core Club. “That’s why I had to stay there, for quarantine. I stayed there in Colombia because I got COVID.”

Did you even read the article? No doctor would operate on a patient with COVID, unless his life was in danger. And he wasn't even in the country.

The plan called for Gio Urshela to fly from his native Colombia to New York on Oct. 29 and have a bone chip surgically removed from his right elbow three days later. Until 2020 got in the way once again.

“Then I got COVID in Colombia,” the Yankees third baseman revealed to The Post on Tuesday at a group lunch in Manhattan’s Core Club. “That’s why I had to stay there, for quarantine. I stayed there in Colombia because I got COVID.”

I'm not talking about that. I get it. I'm saying first now that he had the procedure he shouldn't be out 3 months which could put him behind in spring training. Second It goes back to his injury and having to have the procedure in the first place. We needed to clean house of all staff from strength training to medical staff and personal and recommended doctors.

I'm not talking about that. I get it. I'm saying first now that he had the procedure he shouldn't be out 3 months which could put him behind in spring training. Second It goes back to his injury and having to have the procedure in the first place. We needed to clean house of all staff from strength training to medical staff and personal and recommended doctors.
Did you stay at a Holiday Inn last night?

I say bring in Dr. Oz, Dr. Phil and Richard Simmons, and we're golden.

I will admit that I was too fast to judge the training staff on the Gio stuff without knowing all the facts. Quick reaction based on Happ situation last year. Gio is one of my favorite Yankees and I wish him the best.

And why is that ? Not because we don't have the money Number 2 most valuable sports franchise in 2020
(I don't care about Covid not an excuse) We print money. George said the Yankee fans deserve the best team to be put together every year. Hal doesn't have that drive in him. I know he does care about the fans and that motto but not like George did.
What does that say when the Number 3 is. . .(wait for it)

The New York Knickerbockers!!