2022-23 Bowl Season | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

2022-23 Bowl Season

ESPN just screwed up a graphic when showing Peyton Manning in the crowd, labeling him a 1998 national champion. Tee Martin was the QB of that team. Manning was a senior in '97.
Someone on Sportscenter said that John Vanbiesbrouck was a Stanley Cup Champion winning goalie for the Rangers in ‘94.

I’m blown away at how Gen Z doesn’t even know how to look things up on the internet.

Someone on Sportscenter said that John Vanbiesbrouck was a Stanley Cup Champion winning goalie for the Rangers in ‘94.

I’m blown away at how Gen Z doesn’t even know how to look things up on the internet.

My favorite player on that team was Alexei Kovalev, #27.

KSU just through a fade route to the shortest football player I’ve ever heard of (5’4” Deuce Vaughn). Didn’t work out well.
It wasn't a fade, it was a wheel route. The pass was a wounded duck because an Alabama defender disrupted and/or tipped the ball at the line of scrimmage.

I mean, that’s Deuce Vaughn, not some random back.
He’s a household name? I just looked him up and he was a 3 star out of high school. Not sure your point. You followed him all season?

He’s a captain and all conference guy and doak walker candidate. So I heard of him, yes, from watching KSU.
Gotcha. Really didn’t know. I am just watching the game and having a beer.

Illegal touching? What is this Penn State? In my 53 years I am not sure I have heard illegal touching as a call.

Anytime the ball hits an illegal receiver first it’s illegal touching
Yeah just don’t think I have ever heard that, maybe I have and not remembering. It’s not a frequent call.

Yes. Especially their QB who most likely will be a top 5 draft pick.
Correct and their RB who ran for 900 yards also opted out. Iowa has a good defense, but Kentucky has a freshman QB in his first game so it's a very tough situation. For that matter, Iowa's QB is their 3rd string freshman playing his first game. The starter tore his rotator cuff in the last game vs Nebraska and the backup is in the portal.

I would be interested to hear from Michigan fans as to whom they're rooting for (if they beat TCU) in the other game, Georgia or Ohio State. Georgia is the superior team so it makes sense to want them to lose, but OSU is their hated rival and beating them twice is going to be a handful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom