2022 Bracketology | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

2022 Bracketology

Richmond did beat a 14-2 Jacksonville team today so let's be careful with those RPI rankings, wgdsr.

Richmond did beat a 14-2 Jacksonville team today so let's be careful with those RPI rankings, wgdsr.
Jacksonville was a nice story but they had really only one significant win - over Duke. Great record for building the program but...all wins are not even remotely the same.

The Bonnies were 9-3 and beat absolutely nobody.

numbers, lol. they'll be like #8 rpi. that's a problem this year for some reason? they'll also have 5 top 20 wins. which will be a record by 1 or 2 if they're out.

duke and nd, if they are in, are in on prior selection precedent.

It's the bad losses for Duke. I've been hung up on them for weeks. 3 bad losses feels like... a lot. I have no idea how much they'll weigh them, if at all.

But that's just my personal feeling is that it's a lot to overcome. No other team in the seeding/at-large discussion has more than 1 bad loss. I feel like you need something exceptional to overcome 3 of them. To me, what I see when I look at what Duke has put together is good - but not exceptional.

On the other hand though, that juicy #8 beside their name...

It's the bad losses for Duke. I've been hung up on them for weeks. 3 bad losses feels like... a lot. I have no idea how much they'll weigh them, if at all.

But that's just my personal feeling is that it's a lot to overcome. No other team in the seeding/at-large discussion has more than 1 bad loss. I feel like you need something exceptional to overcome 3 of them. To me, what I see when I look at what Duke has put together is good - but not exceptional.

On the other hand though, that juicy #8 beside their name...
then this will be the test? if yay, and of course only if you take an L...you'll still need to determine if the process can be improved.

then this will be the test?

I think maybe so - this is the test. Duke is either last in or first out. My honest to god opinion. It's going to be a long night.

Angels and devils on my shoulders and all that jazz.

i don't follow. explain?
Richmond was just .002 behind ND in this morning's RPI ranking. Richmond beat a 14-2 team (.875 pct) and ND beat an 11-5 team (.688), so there is a possibility that Richmond's RPI could rise above ND's.

Richmond was just .002 behind ND in this morning's RPI ranking. Richmond beat a 14-2 team (.875 pct) and ND beat an 11-5 team (.688), so there is a possibility that Richmond's RPI could rise above ND's.
ok, but that just bumps everyone that's competing for spots down one?

i meant i don't understand what impact it's supposed to have in your view. richmond's a good squad.

I think maybe so - this is the test. Duke is either last in or first out. My honest to god opinion. It's going to be a long night.

Angels and devils on my shoulders and all that jazz.
if they're last in, i'll give you a push but only if they say it out loud and even then i'll consider you complicit. ;)

if they're last in, i'll give you a push but only if they say it out loud and even then i'll consider you complicit. ;)

Oh hush, you know where I stand. I feel gross. Buy me a Dook hat for the dance *barf* :(

I just hope they go as by the book as possible so nothing feels shady. I think Duke is playing better lacrosse than a lot of teams that will be in the tourney but those bad losses happened and rules are rules. It’s still the right move to not care about the date next to the win or loss. Personally would like to see both Duke and osu but I’m not in charge

I just hope they go as by the book... but those bad losses happened and rules are rules.

What I'm afraid are is that these are mutually exclusive statements.

That their version of by the books doesn't care about the bad losses.

RPI #8 is screaming at me and I hate it.

Duke is in. Virginia is in more danger than Duke. Between the two, Duke has the better RPI, more top 20 wins, and the head to head. That's more than enough to overcome the bad losses.

Duke is in. Virginia is in more danger than Duke. Between the two, Duke has the better RPI, more top 20 wins, and the head to head. That's more than enough to overcome the bad losses.

Committee’s actions so far disagree. I don’t think Duke/UVA is a direct comparison for a position/seed

The committee has consistently overrated Rutgahz and UVA to their metrics. I expect it to continue.

Committee’s actions so far disagree. I don’t think Duke/UVA is a direct comparison for a position/seed

The committee has consistently overrated Rutgahz and UVA to their metrics. I expect it to continue.

I'm not putting much stock in those "top 10" lists. When the committee puts those together, are they all sitting together in a room and going through every resume thoroughly, like they will when they actually decide the field? Seems like they are creating those on the fly with more input from the advisory council than what ends up going into the final field.

What I'm afraid are is that these are mutually exclusive statements.

That their version of by the books doesn't care about the bad losses.

RPI #8 is screaming at me and I hate it.
Let's face it UVa rolling over for Duke, like they almost always do, got Duke in. What was the score of that game, Duke 17-8.

Let's face it UVa rolling over for Duke, like they almost always do, got Duke in. What was the score of that game, Duke 17-8.
yes, it was 17 to 8.

so much teeth gnashing and it's all so easy.

Let's get real... do any of these teams being discussed really *need* to be in anyway?

Just watch the world burn and enjoy

Let's get real... do any of these teams being discussed really *need* to be in anyway?

Just watch the world burn and enjoy
hahaha. put in a system. advocate for a decent one to the powers that be. it has to start somewhere. maybe a 5% chance it has legs, and that's pretty good odds.

Last edited:
damn, fieldy. you gotta post who you think they SHOULD take based on your crunching. i'm assuming you will. maybe you'll be right?

laf at laxnumbers, formerly from laxpower, has duke as 1st out.

damn, fieldy. you gotta post who you think they SHOULD take based on your crunching. i'm assuming you will. maybe you'll be right?

laf at laxnumbers, formerly from laxpower, has duke as 1st out.

I expected OSU+UND in this scenario leading into this week. But I think Harvard had a pretty decent case in a direct comparison with UND. I would have been fine with OSU+either. Duke kills me.

FSPJaejXIAAOMuY.png

I expected OSU+UND in this scenario leading into this week. But I think Harvard had a pretty decent case in a direct comparison with UND. I would have been fine with OSU+either. Duke kills me.

View attachment 217072
back when they seemed to be actually trying to make their own formula year to year, i and some others railed on the 5 team bracketing of wins and l's up to 20. it's patently stupid.

a properly built system of counting w's and l's would go far beyond 20, and maybe go to 70+, awarding credit or debit for each. having a win against #5 being worth the same as vs #1, and a win vs #6 being worth the same as #10 is equally dumb. havinfg a win vs #21 being the same as #69, but vs #20 is a top win? it's crazy.

fast forward to 2022, and a loss to jax is a bad loss, but the committee has them somewhere near #10 prior to yesterday?

we need a system.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom