2022 Fall Ball | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

2022 Fall Ball

44 Grad middie Joe Boala Scoops it up, dishes it out to Alex Simmons in 19. Simmons passes it out to freshman stud Luke Rhoa in 8. Rhoa fakes the shot and gives it to Hiltz, hiltz immediately passes it behind his back to 44 Joe Boala for a close range shot that was denied by the goalie, I’m not sure who was in goal there
That's Will Mark in net I can just tell by his movements when he has the ball. Watched all his games the last 3 yrs lol

Very good and would not be suprised if he's an All American. Can blow u away sometimes at the saves he makes. His first two yrs the D in front of him wasn't very good so he got peppered with shots and kept his team in every game. This last yr his D was solid. Saw him make 30 saves agajnst Bryant 2 seasons ago. Poor kid was getting fired on from everywhere but hung in and made 30 saves. He averaged like 17 a game. U can check out some of his highlights on YouTube. Just put in Will Mark LIU Goalie. One of the games on there is vs Rutgers where he made some big time saves.

Btw he was an honorable mention All American at LIU. I meant I wouldn't be suprised if he's a 1st or 2nd team AA at Cuse.
that's not really how it works. he's going to see a rather large increase in competition jumping to the ACC. he was slightly under 50% against 2022 NCAA tournament teams and well above 50% against everyone else which included teams like quinnipiac, siena, wagner, and sacred heart. i've seen his tape and think he's a good goalie and would not put AA completely out of the question, but he's not going to save at 56% with this schedule. if he's above 50% on the year which is highly plausible, cuse should be happy

that's not really how it works. he's going to see a rather large increase in competition jumping to the ACC. he was slightly under 50% against 2022 NCAA tournament teams and well above 50% against everyone else which included teams like quinnipiac, siena, wagner, and sacred heart. i've seen his tape and think he's a good goalie and would not put AA completely out of the question, but he's not going to save at 56% with this schedule. if he's above 50% on the year which is highly plausible, cuse should be happy
He's definitely facing better competition but he's also more experienced and who's to say he won't raise his level of play to? Mike Adler came from the same conference with St Joes and became an AA at Duke right? His first 2 yrs he carried LIU being they moved up from D 2 and still had some D 2 leftovers along with young D 1 recruits. Most of D was D 2 players and teams would have wide open shots on him all game long. Finally this last yr those D 2 kids were gone and the D 1 recruits were upper classman. The D was very good and the D stats plus Will Marks stats jumped vs Hobart due to both starting LSM's being suspended after St Joes game. Will didn't have his usual strong game and the D was weak so they lost 21 - 19 I believe. None if that matters tho like I said he can raise his level up to this yr and if u watch his interview the other night he said he chose to transfer to Cuse because he wants the challenge. No reason why if he's working hard he can't raise his game. Let's hope so but like u said it's still a big improvement from last yr.

Sorry starting LSM Ryan Blume an All NEC player and starting Close D Chris Cambell All NEC we're out for Hobart. Cambell just transferred to UMASS. So two key players were out vs Hobart and Mark had his worst game at LIU. I do get what ur saying but he is capable of rising his level of play the kid is very talented. He came from California and reclassified to go to a prep school so he can face better competition. He stepped up and improved then went to LIU and kept improving so why not now improve again at Cuse. I think he can he had the talent and work ethic.

Sorry starting LSM Ryan Blume an All NEC player and starting Close D Chris Cambell All NEC we're out for Hobart. Cambell just transferred to UMASS. So two key players were out vs Hobart and Mark had his worst game at LIU. I do get what ur saying but he is capable of rising his level of play the kid is very talented. He came from California and reclassified to go to a prep school so he can face better competition. He stepped up and improved then went to LIU and kept improving so why not now improve again at Cuse. I think he can he had the talent and work ethic.
You obviously know him well, so have been wondering this. Why did he transfer from Salisbury School to Proctor? He played in that Gieco Championships when Logan McNaney was hurt but then was gone after. Have been curious about this.

He's definitely facing better competition but he's also more experienced and who's to say he won't raise his level of play to? Mike Adler came from the same conference with St Joes and became an AA at Duke right? His first 2 yrs he carried LIU being they moved up from D 2 and still had some D 2 leftovers along with young D 1 recruits. Most of D was D 2 players and teams would have wide open shots on him all game long. Finally this last yr those D 2 kids were gone and the D 1 recruits were upper classman. The D was very good and the D stats plus Will Marks stats jumped vs Hobart due to both starting LSM's being suspended after St Joes game. Will didn't have his usual strong game and the D was weak so they lost 21 - 19 I believe. None if that matters tho like I said he can raise his level up to this yr and if u watch his interview the other night he said he chose to transfer to Cuse because he wants the challenge. No reason why if he's working hard he can't raise his game. Let's hope so but like u said it's still a big improvement from last yr.
adler wasn't an HM AA at duke until his second year there. he needed that first year to get adjusted to ACC play. that first year he was 52.9%, down from 59.4% the year before at St Joe's, and he was pretty up and down, especially early on, getting pulled from multiple games. was more consistent in year 2, finishing at 55% as the unquestioned starter. like i said, it's possible or Mark, just don't see it as likely. staring down brennan o'neill with time and room is different from facing joe schmo on wagner. think he finishes in the 50-53% range like Adler his first year at Duke, which is solid but not AA level. Gait and Petro will be content with that after last year's fiasco in net

adler wasn't an HM AA at duke until his second year there. he needed that first year to get adjusted to ACC play. that first year he was 52.9%, down from 59.4% the year before at St Joe's, and he was pretty up and down, especially early on, getting pulled from multiple games. was more consistent in year 2, finishing at 55% as the unquestioned starter. like i said, it's possible or Mark, just don't see it as likely. staring down brennan o'neill with time and room is different from facing joe schmo on wagner. think he finishes in the 50-53% range like Adler his first year at Duke, which is solid but not AA level. Gait and Petro will be content with that after last year's fiasco in net
Oh I agree Brennan is a beast but he did face some talented players like St Joes Levi Anderson, Tucker Brown exc, Bryant Mark Orourke, Logan McGovern ( UNC ), Abladian ( Cornell ) so he has faced talented players not just Joe Shmo from Wagner just not consistently like he will every game in the ACC. As for Adler that's what I mean he was up and down yet Mark is a two time HM AA and 2 time NEC D player of the yr. He's been consistent and can raise his level of play. I know exactly what ur saying but don't count him out.

Sorry I thought u meant up and down at St Joes not at Duke. Ok so it took him a little to get adjusted. Hopefully Will adjusts quicker then he did. Have some faith man and believe. Haha

Oh I agree Brennan is a beast but he did face some talented players like St Joes Levi Anderson, Tucker Brown exc, Bryant Mark Orourke, Logan McGovern ( UNC ), Abladian ( Cornell ) so he has faced talented players not just Joe Shmo from Wagner just not consistently like he will every game in the ACC. As for Adler that's what I mean he was up and down yet Mark is a two time HM AA and 2 time NEC D player of the yr. He's been consistent and can raise his level of play. I know exactly what ur saying but don't count him out.
Took me a second….funny guy.

Sorry I thought u meant up and down at St Joes not at Duke. Ok so it took him a little to get adjusted. Hopefully Will adjusts quicker then he did. Have some faith man and believe. Haha
UVA's Matthew Nunes, # 1 Ranked Goalie Class of 2022, played 831 mins and was .498. Granted he was coming out of HS but to the point of other posters here, the ACC has some of the best offensive players in the country.

Moreover, if Syracuse's D is not markedly improved from 2022 where the team had a .408, all GK's will be looking at a low percentage. Bobby Gavin who transferred from UVA, played 162 mins and had a .500 for 2021 UVA. At Syracuse, he played 493 mins and had a .422 for 2022.

Last edited:
Duke's Matthew Nunes, # 1 Ranked Goalie Class of 2022, played 831 mins and was .498. Granted he was coming out of HS but to the point of other posters here, the ACC has some of the best offensive players in the country.

Moreover, if Syracuse's D is not markedly improved from 2022 where the team had a .408, all GK's will be looking at a low percentage. Bobby Gavin who transferred from UVA, played 162 mins and had a .500 for 2021 UVA. At Syracuse, he played 493 mins and had a .422 for 2022.
Of course the ACC is the best of the best. Ur right the D has to improve along with Will Mark stepping up his game and everything will work out for this team. I can definitely happen so hopefully it does.

Your points about Nunes and Gavin are bang on, except for the fact that Nunes plays for UVA :cool:.
ACC, BIG10 and Ivies have the premier shooters with ACC typically the most loaded. Will be a big test for Mark. If he struggles, McCool will get a shot.

Your points about Nunes and Gavin are bang on, except for the fact that Nunes plays for UVA :cool:.
ACC, BIG10 and Ivies have the premier shooters with ACC typically the most loaded. Will be a big test for Mark. If he struggles, McCool will get a shot.
I think it will be a bigger adjustment for McCool coming from HS if we're talking about taking a step up. Will Mark has played D 1 lacrosse against teams like ranked St Joes, Rutgers, then Bryant, Hobart, Stonybrook, Hofstra, Umass, Drexel exc. He was a 2X HM All American so I think his adjustment will be much easier then for McCool coming from Hs kids. Will Mark will do well and be a solid Goalie then next 2 yrs for Cuse. The kid is good.

I think it will be a bigger adjustment for McCool coming from HS if we're talking about taking a step up. Will Mark has played D 1 lacrosse against teams like ranked St Joes, Rutgers, then Bryant, Hobart, Stonybrook, Hofstra, Umass, Drexel exc. He was a 2X HM All American so I think his adjustment will be much easier then for McCool coming from Hs kids. Will Mark will do well and be a solid Goalie then next 2 yrs for Cuse. The kid is good.
That's nothing agajnst McCool the kid is very talented I'm just saying the adjustment is much bigger for him as a freshman coming from HS as to Will has proven himself as a good D 1 goalie. Now he's playing the best of D 1 weekly so he will have to step up. McCool is very talented also and will be able to learn behind Will and gain experience so when Will graduates he takes over. He's gonna be a very good goalie too for Cuse.

Same thing with Nunes he went from HS to the ACC so can't compare him to Will Mark who has been playing mid major D 1 lacrosse for 3 yrs. As for Gavin he wasn't as experienced as Will Mark either and had limited action at Virginia on a championship team so can't even go by those stats. Gavin in my opinion is not even close to the goalie Will Mark is.

Scrimage game times and location for this weekend games:

11:00 am:
Loyola vs Syracuse Awalt Field
High Point vs Villanova Lugano Field

1:30 pm:
Loyola vs Villanova Awalt Field
High Point vs Syracuse Lugano Field

Scrimage game times and location for this weekend games:

11:00 am:
Loyola vs Syracuse Awalt Field
High Point vs Villanova Lugano Field

1:30 pm: