2022 Mets thread | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

2022 Mets thread

The Yankees can also get to 20 if they sweep their double header today. I say the Brewers get there first and the Mets catch up with Scherzer on the mound later.

Well, you were right that the Mets would lose the first one but the Braves are hammering the Brewers 9-0 in the 8th so we still have a chance to be the first team to win 20 games. I want to be the first to 20, as were the first to ten, then become the first to 30, etc.

Ottavino blows.
Didn’t he hold the lead? Biggest problem for Mets is they are playing 7 on 9 on offense. McCann and Nido are terrible and Dom and JD are both pretty poor this year also.

Didn’t he hold the lead? Biggest problem for Mets is they are playing 7 on 9 on offense. McCann and Nido are terrible and Dom and JD are both pretty poor this year also.
Barely. He mishandled a routine throw to first that almost cost them.

JD is a butcher in the field.

Well, you were right that the Mets would lose the first one but the Braves are hammering the Brewers 9-0 in the 8th so we still have a chance to be the first team to win 20 games. I want to be the first to 20, as were the first to ten, then become the first to 30, etc.
If the Mets can’t hold on, good chance the Yankees are the first to 20. Always a little disappointing when you are second best in your own town no matter how good you are overall.

If the Mets can’t hold on, good chance the Yankees are the first to 20. Always a little disappointing when you are second best in your own town no matter how good you are overall.

We made it. First to 20. The Yankees are losing 2-4 in the bottom of the seventh so we might be the only one at the end of this day. And we've had 9 series and not lost any, although Braves split a 4-game series last week.

Last edited:
We made it. First to 20. The Yankees are losing 2-4 in the bottom of the seventh so we might be the only one at the end of this day. And we've had 9 series and not lost any other, although Braves split a 4-game series last week.
Happy we are the first ones to 20. Now let’s get a streak going and beat the Nats.

We've been without Jacob DeGrom and have released Robinson Cano and yet we're 20-10. Life is good.

Last edited:

This brings up a question I've always wondered about - actually two of them. Why aren't baseball parks standardized like football fields, basketball courts and ice hockey rinks? And why is it a parabola rather than a circular arc, with the distances being the same in all directions?

Why should a player have an easier time hitting a home run on one park than another and why should a player who pulls the ball the ball down the line have an easier time hitting a home run than a hitter who sprays the ball to all fields?

A chance for another series win today, which is great. Last night’s result was tough but the Nationals always give the Mets trouble no matter how bad they are. Mets have a season high win streak of 3. Would love to see a 5+ game win streak at some point this season. Every other NL East team won last night so the lead is down to 6 over the Braves. Would love to see that lead increase to 10 or more as I always feel the Braves have a run in them.

This brings up a question I've always wondered about - actually two of them. Why aren't baseball parks standardized like football fields, basketball courts and ice hockey rinks? And why is it a parabola rather than a circular arc, with the distances being the same in all directions?

Why should a player have an easier time hitting a home run on one park than another and why should a player who pulls the ball the ball down the line have an easier time hitting a home run than a hitter who sprays the ball to all fields?

When ball parks were built in the old days, they often had to fit them into the city blocks where they are sited. That's why Fenway has its quirks, for example. Then, when the next wave of parks were built, many were multi-use or took on more of a cookie cutter approach. Then you had the early 90's iteration where they went retro and added quirks just for the sake of adding quirks (like the hill in center field in Houston) and some of the ridiculous outfield angles.

I think the "new" Camden Yards is pretty much universally acclaimed as the best blend of all the styles.

When ball parks were built in the old days, they often had to fit them into the City blocks where they are sited. That's why Fenway has its quirks, for example. Then, when the next wave of parks were built, many were multi-use or took on more of a cookie cutter approach. Then you had the early 90's interation where they went retro and added quirks just for the sake of adding quirks (like the hill in center field in Houston) and some of the ridiculous outfield angles.

I think the "new" Camden Yards is pretty much universally acclaimed as the best blend of all the styles.

If only the inner harbor outside the primary little tourist area was a little nicer. It was a regular destination a few times a summer when I lived in Northern MD and WV but always felt it has so much more potential.

Yeah. Like to get in a sweep or two to further build that buffer.
Was just checking out the schedule. Going to learn a lot about these Mets by mid June. They have an 11 game road trip coming up against the Dodgers, Padres and Angels. Then come home and face the Brewers right away. Brutal.

Was just checking out the schedule. Going to learn a lot about these Mets by mid June. They have an 11 game road trip coming up against the Dodgers, Padres and Angels. Then come home and face the Brewers right away. Brutal.

Yeah honestly the first half of the season is pretty brutal. Heck look at Arizona even now with a winning record who we smoked thankfully.

So outside of a couple games vs the Phillies bats have been pretty sleepy with RISP lately. Another 7 lob so far tonight