2022 Mets thread | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

2022 Mets thread

No Diaz-Kelenic confrontation this time around:

A chance for another series win today, which is great. Last night’s result was tough but the Nationals always give the Mets trouble no matter how bad they are. Mets have a season high win streak of 3. Would love to see a 5+ game win streak at some point this season. Every other NL East team won last night so the lead is down to 6 over the Braves. Would love to see that lead increase to 10 or more as I always feel the Braves have a run in them.
Yeah. Like to get in a sweep or two to further build that buffer.

We've all been excited by the Mets' great start, but I submit the 'start' is over and it's time to focus on building on it. We were 18-8 on May 3rd and have been 4-4 with a couple of rainouts since. Meanwhile the Phillies have now jumped ahead of the Braves and are 5 1/2 back. That's still the largest lead in any division but the lead was 7 on May 10th. Meanwhile the Yankees are on another winning streak, (5 games so far) and have the best record in MLB at 24-8. THEY are the story right now, not the Mets.

Meanwhile the Yankees are on another winning streak, (5 games so far) and have the best record in MLB at 24-8. THEY are the story right now, not the Mets.
What do the Yankees have to do with the Mets?

Competitively, absolutely nothing besides for the four times they play each other this year. I’m sure the players and coaching staffs don’t care one way or another either. It’s all a fan rivalry based on bragging rights and wanting your team to be the best one in the city. Not wanting to hear your friends and coworkers brag incessantly about winning a World Series is enough for a lot of us to root against the other team haha.

I don't root against the Yankees but it was pleasant for a few weeks to have the Mets be the big early-season story and that's over with.

Megill on 10 day IL with mri later today. Gonna suck to have Peterson every 5 games, deGrom can’t get back soon enough.

Need Lindor and one of Smith/Davis to start playing to their potential. Can’t afford to have one third of the lineup completely lost at the plate. Lindor seems to be coming out of it based on what I saw yesterday but he needs to be at .250 minimum w/ an on base percentage north of .300 to justify that contract.

Megill on 10 day IL with mri later today. Gonna suck to have Peterson every 5 games, deGrom can’t get back soon enough.

Need Lindor and one of Smith/Davis to start playing to their potential. Can’t afford to have one third of the lineup completely lost at the plate. Lindor seems to be coming out of it based on what I saw yesterday but he needs to be at .250 minimum w/ an on base percentage north of .300 to justify that contract.

The Mets need to take a good look at their methods for conditioning and training pitchers. Our pitching rotations always seem to fall apart as the season progresses.

This series the Mets have reminded me of last years Mets… pitching is very shaky, lineup seems to have very limited depth. Love the Mariners young talent and I would argue they are much better positioned moving forward. I wonder if a slump is coming…

The Mets need to take a good look at their methods for conditioning and training pitchers. Our pitching rotations always seem to fall apart as the season progresses.
But that’s baseball these days… no one’s rotation holds up. The issue with the Mets is they have almost no major league ready arms in the minors and their starters have to be almost perfect and go at least 6/7 innings every night because their lineup is extremely streaky and they don’t have a consistent bridge to Diaz.

The early years of the Cohen era are going to be defined by what looks more and more like a pretty poor Lindor signing, not turning Smith and Davis into something useful and not fortifying the bullpen. On the plus side the Canha, Marte and Escobar signings are okay… I suspect Escobar will be better than he has been the last month.

If the Mets were stock, I’d sell high… I’m seeing the same problems that tanked last year.

Watching the first game of the double header today with St Louis. Can anyone confirm if it is Adam Weitsman jawing with Yadier Molina when He goes to retrieve the passed ball? I swear it’s him. Must’ve said something Yadi didn’t like.

Mets seem to get the least out of bases loaded less than 2 out situations than any team in baseball. just make contact with the ball! Hopefully doesn't cost them the game.

The team is still fourth in batting average. It only matters to dinosaurs anyway. ;)
Making hard contact but right at people... if I have to see Alonso's whiney I thought it was a HR off the bat look again. Reminds me of Willie Mays Hays in Major League 2 when he tried to hit a HR every time and was always a foot short

Not to do play by play but when are they going to demote JD and his sub-.200 and call up Baty or Vientos.

So we lose it because our third basemen couldn't get the ball out of his glove instead of the Cardinals losing because of a passed ball on a third strike.

18-8, the 6-6 since and the injuries are piling up. Nimmo had to leave this game because he fouled a ball into his knee. :(

So we lose it because our third basemen couldn't get the ball out of his glove instead of the Cardinals losing because of a passed ball on a third strike.

18-8, the 6-6 since and the injuries are piling up. Nimmo had to leave this game because he fouled a ball into his knee. :(
The win one lose one thing needs to stop quickly. Luckily the rest of the division is terrible thus far, but one of them is bound to go on a run sooner or later. Hoping we can take the last two from the Cardinals but I’ll say we split with a better chance of losing both than winning both.

Can we get one freaking break with the injury bug for once? Scherzer just takes himself out of the game. Not good and it's getting ridiculous this happens like every year anymore where we lose multiple guys in the rotation to injury

Whither shall we wander?

- A winning streak that builds our lead back up?

- A slump that drops us down toward .500 and erases our lead?

- Or do we keep winning one and losing one?