2022 Mets thread | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

2022 Mets thread

The signs are good too.

Loved Lindor dropping Pete a note and then he crushes one. Playing for each other.

Lindor in Cleveland: .285/.346/.488. Lindor in New York: .235/.324/.412.

He hit over .300 his first two years in Cleveland and had a three year stretch of 33-38-32 home runs.

Where's that? The guy's 28 years old- in his prime.

Lindor in Cleveland: .285/.346/.488. Lindor in New York: .235/.324/.412.

He hit over .300 his first two years in Cleveland and had a three year stretch of 33-38-32 home runs.

Where's that? The guy's 28 years old- in his prime.

Not sure where that is. At least he recognizes he needs to be better is all I was getting at. He is for sure an expensive above average infielder so far as a Met.

He is 6th in the league in RBIs... that avg and OPS has to be better though.

I hope they don't bring Alvarez up just yet this year. Let the kid jump to Syracuse and start crushing it there first. Nido has been great behind the plate and a clutch hitter. McCann gives depth when back and has more power as well than Nido plus the cannon vs runners.

I hope they don't bring Alvarez up just yet this year. Let the kid jump to Syracuse and start crushing it there first. Nido has been great behind the plate and a clutch hitter. McCann gives depth when back and has more power as well than Nido plus the cannon vs runners.
i don’t want Alvarez called up this year either. If he ends up dominating AA the next month or so though. I would think he will get called up to Syracuse and I am good with that.

I think he will take over the starting job at catcher next season. Agree, no need to rush him. Tough to bring up a rookie catcher in mid season too. They need to develop a chemistry with the pitching staff. That is best done during spring training.

Need to jump on the Brewers and win the next series to keep pressing. Braves will level off eventually I think but looking like they might do something stupid and get to 15 or more straight. It would be such a mets thing for the best start in forever and the Braves go on a record setting win streak to reel them in.

My Braves have lost Ozzie Albies with a broken foot for what I assume to be a considerable amount of time. Now it's not like losing Acuna, but he is quite a sparkplug for the team. He'd started off slow, but was starting to come on the last week or so. I'd rather the Mets get DeGrom and Max back and the Braves have Ozzie and let's see who the best team is with everyone healthy. But sports rarely works like that.

Need to jump on the Brewers and win the next series to keep pressing. Braves will level off eventually I think but looking like they might do something stupid and get to 15 or more straight. It would be such a mets thing for the best start in forever and the Braves go on a record setting win streak to reel them in.

Also, such a Braves thing. They ARE the defending champs.

i don’t want Alvarez called up this year either. If he ends up dominating AA the next month or so though. I would think he will get called up to Syracuse and I am good with that.

I think he will take over the starting job at catcher next season. Agree, no need to rush him. Tough to bring up a rookie catcher in mid season too. They need to develop a chemistry with the pitching staff. That is best done during spring training.
Jon Heyman says the Mets might call Alvarez up this season after all.

If it happens, I would guess it will be after the All Star break. Could be a lot of changes around then.

Will Alvarez remain a catcher? How good a defensive catcher is he? Can he play another position? Will this be another Mike Piazza situation?

I see he's 5-10 233. That sounds like a catcher's body.

I think he is a catcher but also is still really young. I'm not sure I understand the need to bring up him this year tbh. We have power options at the DH and Nido has been more than fine this year handling the lions share of duties while McCann worked back from injury...

I think he is a catcher but also is still really young. I'm not sure I understand the need to bring up him this year tbh. We have power options at the DH and Nido has been more than fine this year handling the lions share of duties while McCann worked back from injury...
He is definitely a catcher. He has a strong arm, calls a good game, and does a fine job framing pitches. He is the youngest player in the Eastern League.

Only 20 years old. I believe he has been the youngest player in every pro league has been played in. At the start of the season, the youngest player in MLB was Wander Franco at 21. If Francisco is called up this season, he will probably be the youngest player in MLB. Heck, he might be if he makes the roster for 2023.

It sounds like there are at least a few people in the Mets front office who think he is a special talent. Someone who doesn't need a year or two in AAA to be ready for MLB.

It will be interesting to see how this progresses. I agree Nido has played well in recent weeks and hope that continues. But if Francisco continues to rake in AA, he is not going to stay there all season. I think he is at least going to see some time at Syracuse. And he might just get the call straight to the Mets.

He is definitely a catcher. He has a strong arm, calls a good game, and does a fine job framing pitches. He is the youngest player in the Eastern League.

Only 20 years old. I believe he has been the youngest player in every pro league has been played in. At the start of the season, the youngest player in MLB was Wander Franco at 21. If Francisco is called up this season, he will probably be the youngest player in MLB. Heck, he might be if he makes the roster for 2023.

It sounds like there are at least a few people in the Mets front office who think he is a special talent. Someone who doesn't need a year or two in AAA to be ready for MLB.

It will be interesting to see how this progresses. I agree Nido has played well in recent weeks and hope that continues. But if Francisco continues to rake in AA, he is not going to stay there all season. I think he is at least going to see some time at Syracuse. And he might just get the call straight to the Mets.

I've been wanting to get up there for some games but being closer to Scranton than Binghamton these days just hard to find the time.

To your point if he is that kind of talent then there really is no question. Also if he just comes right in and does well that would put him alongside a pretty short list of guys..

My mind goes back to one of my favorite movies: Errol Flynn's "The Charge of the Light brigade", where the bad guys are behind the Russian lines and they think the good guys can't possibly reach them - but they keep coming.

But we aren't the bad guys- are we?

Last edited:
From outside the box comes this inquiry:

If a batter can run to first base and be safe on a passed ball or wild pitch if it's the third strike, why shouldn't he be able to do so on any passed ball or wild pitch? Why shouldn't you be able to steal first base?

1655258398775.png

Back inside the box.

From outside the box comes this inquiry:

If a batter can run to first base and be safe on a passed ball or wild pitch if it's the third strike, why shouldn't he be able to do so on any passed ball or wild pitch? Why shouldn't you be able to steal first base?

View attachment 217757

Back inside the box.
They actually tried that as an experiment in the Atlantic League

So there, you Braves! (for another night...)

Great time to get a sweep if we can given Milwaukee has been struggling.

I will say it probably is a good thing the Braves are making a push. Never hurts to be locked in and the defending Champs trying to chase you down can do that.

Tried to stay out of this thread to avoid jinxing things, but I guess they're just really good?

Dude, you've gotta hold off until at least Labor Day before making a comment like that!

Dude, you've gotta hold off until at least Labor Day before making a comment like that!

Ok so would deleting the post reverse the jinx??? I know it sounds silly but as a tormented Mets fan as so many of us are- let's not leave anything to chance lol

Ok so would deleting the post reverse the jinx??? I know it sounds silly but as a tormented Mets fan as so many of us are- let's not leave anything to chance lol
Knicks is a true Mets fan. He deleted his post to retain good mojo.

Well done.

Great time to get a sweep if we can given Milwaukee has been struggling.

I will say it probably is a good thing the Braves are making a push. Never hurts to be locked in and the defending Champs trying to chase you down can do that.

The Braves have won 13 in a row. The Yankees have had streak or 12 wins, 9 wins in 10 games and now 12 in 13. The Mets have had one little ol' 6 game winning streak. And yet we're 41-22, in first place by 5 games. It's time we had a gaudy run.

Last edited:
the braves have won 13 in a row. The Yankees have had streak or 12 wins, 9 wins in 10 games and now 12 in 13. The Mets have had one little ol' 4 game winning streak. And yet we're 41-22, in first place by 5 games. It's time we had a gaudy run.
Didn’t the Mets win 6 in a row over the Phillies and Nats right before they went on their west coast trip?