2022 Mets thread | Page 30 | Syracusefan.com

2022 Mets thread

Does it? And they gave up Holderman for this...

"Vogelbach is hitting .228 with 12 home-runs and 34 RBI"
Agree. This is another deal I dislike. Seems every one of these trades we trade a talented young player for an older player with much less talent. Opposing GMs must be lining up to get good players on the cheap from the Mets.

I hope we get Stearns from the Brewers to run things after this season, Billy is not the answer.

If we can’t release Rodriquez, there’s should at least be a rule he not not allowed to pitch in a game until the Mets are winning or losing by at least 5 runs. He is brutal to watch. What an awful trade.

Darvish has just been a Met killer this season. Nothing offensively in two games against him. Meanwhile, Ohtani was lights out against the Braves for six innings and then imploded in the 7th. Lead will be 1 1/2 after tonight. Hoping the Mets are still in first by the time the Yankees series starts.

Does it? And they gave up Holderman for this...

"Vogelbach is hitting .228 with 12 home-runs and 34 RBI"
he is hitting .260 vs righties and .100 vs lefties.. he will only dh against RHP.

They want to keep Alvarez in Syracuse for a while yet.
He had a double and an RBI yesterday, Went 1-4 to get his batting average over .100. So far today he is 0-2 with 2 strikeouts.

I can understand why the Mets are reluctant to bring him up now. He is really struggling early at AAA.

Edit:

He just hit a grand slam. Woo hoo! Good for him!

Seems the Padres and Astros are our kryptonite this year...

As of the 7th inning, we've scored 9 runs in our last 5 games and are 4 for 36 RISP in those games.

But never fear, Vogelbach is on the way!

Braves are playing like they are going to finish 30 or 40 above .500. Unless the Mets get their crap together it won't be long that they are fighting mostly for a WC spot.

Braves are playing like they are going to finish 30 or 40 above .500. Unless the Mets get their crap together it won't be long that they are fighting mostly for a WC spot.

The Braves score runs. The Mets don't.

The Braves score runs. The Mets don't.
Basically this. The Mets pitching will win them a bunch of games against lesser competition but their lack of offensive production will lose them games against better competition.

Winning the division is important because the path through the postseason is so much better. A bye in the wildcard round and probably taking on the NL Central in the NLDS. Whereas getting a wildcard gets you the Padres in a best of three and then the Dodgers in the NLDS. Huge difference.

Basically this. The Mets pitching will win them a bunch of games against lesser competition but their lack of offensive production will lose them games against better competition.

Winning the division is important because the path through the postseason is so much better. A bye in the wildcard round and probably taking on the NL Central in the NLDS. Whereas getting a wildcard gets you the Padres in a best of three and then the Dodgers in the NLDS. Huge difference.

Yes, we have meaningful pennant races again, some that was lost over the last generation. (Unfortunately, we'll probably have November baseball, too)

Thinking about offense, I have to admit that I'd be equally disappointed if our staters weren't going past the 4th inning or if our bullpen was blowing leads but there's something especially painful to watch about a team that can't score. It's not just inadequate, it makes you feel that your team is impotent and pathetic. I'd have a lot more hope going into the bottom of the 9th down 6-8 than if it was 0-2.

And everything that happens in a low-scoring game weighs a ton. An umpire calls a high strike a ball on a 2-2 count. The pitcher, who's been brilliant the whole game hangs a curveball. 0-2. And you somehow knew we weren't going to be able to overcome that.

The Braves play this afternoon, the Mets at night on ESPN. The lead, once 10 1/2 games, might be completely gone by then. :oops::(

Yes, we have meaningful pennant races again, some that was lost over the last generation. (Unfortunately, we'll probably have November baseball, too)

Thinking about offense, I have to admit that I'd be equally disappointed if our staters weren't going past the 4th inning or if our bullpen was blowing leads but there's something especially painful to watch about a team that can't score. It's not just inadequate, it makes you feel that your team is impotent and pathetic. I'd have a lot more hope going into the bottom of the 9th down 6-8 than if it was 0-2.

And everything that happens in a low-scoring game weighs a ton. An umpire calls a high strike a ball on a 2-2 count. The pitcher, who's been brilliant the whole game hangs a curveball. 0-2. And you somehow knew we weren't going to be able to overcome that.

The Braves play this afternoon, the Mets at night on ESPN. The lead, once 10 1/2 games, might be completely gone by then. :oops::(
We have a 5 game series at home with the Braves in less than two weeks. That series should tell us whether we can hang around with them for the division or not. I’m hoping for shades of 2015 where our bats wake up and we completely dominate them.

Here’s how the two schedules stack up. I’ll put the opposition into 3 tiers - above average, average and below average. Above average being more than five games above .500. Average being within five games below to five games above .500. Below average being more than five games below .500.

Mets remaining schedule vs Above Average teams: 12 vs Braves, 4 vs Yankees, 3 vs Dodgers, 3 vs Brewers.

Average teams: 7 vs Phillies

Below Average: 8 vs Marlins, 9 vs Nationals, 7 vs Pirates, 3 vs Reds, 3 vs Cubs, 3 vs A’s, 4 vs Rockies

Braves remaining schedule vs Above Average teams: 12 vs Mets, 3 vs Astros, 3 vs Cardinals, 3 vs Mariners.

Average teams: 12 vs Phillies, 3 vs Giants, 2 vs Red Sox

Below Average: 10 vs Marlins, 6 vs Nationals, 3 vs Diamondbacks, 3 vs Rockies, 2 vs A’s, 3 vs Pirates

Not sure the remaining schedule favors one over the other. Really think it comes down to the 12 games against each other.

We have a 5 game series at home with the Braves in less than two weeks. That series should tell us whether we can hang around with them for the division or not. I’m hoping for shades of 2015 where our bats wake up and we completely dominate them.

That was triggered by an important acquisition.

Rodriguez: How not to do it.

Diaz: How to do it.

Padres

Padres - Top 9th​

Nice win last night. I liked Canha and Guillorme behind Vogelbach. McNeil won't have that many 0-4 nights hopefully so lineup is deeper and stronger at least vs Righties.