2022 NFL Thread | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

2022 NFL Thread

Can't wait to see what this full package is. Broncos have serious weapons on offense and a solid defense.

Chargers just resigned Mike Williams. 3 years, 60 million, 40 guaranteed.

Honestly feel kinda bad for the Raiders. Finally a solid team after all these years and they’re almost guaranteed last place.

With the extra picks the Broncos got in the Von deal, they may only have to give up next years 1st among futures. Have #9 plus 2 2nds and 2 3rds. Wonder if the player(s) involved will be high end (Surtain) or mid-tier (Hamler/Patrick/Fant) types.

Where this gets really interesting is whether Seattle seriously shops their other guys like DK or if they keep him around to help their new QB

With the extra picks the Broncos got in the Von deal, they may only have to give up next years 1st among futures. Have #9 plus 2 2nds and 2 3rds. Wonder if the player(s) involved will be high end (Surtain) or mid-tier (Hamler/Patrick/Fant) types.
Drew Lock and Shelby Harris.

Drew Lock and Shelby Harris.
Well those 2 are big nothing burgers. I'd have to guess it's #9, both 2nds, a 3rd and next year 1 with them.

Surtainly. (Sorry, I couldn't resist)

Well those 2 are big nothing burgers. I'd have to guess it's #9, both 2nds, a 3rd and next year 1 with them.
Those two and Noah Fant. #9 pick. One of the 2nds this year, and a future 1st and 2nd.

I think the Broncos gave up an awful lot. If they were getting Russell Wilson from 3-4 years ago it might be justified. The 2021 version of Russell Wilson def dropped a few notches from that guy a few years ago. Maybe that was health related, I don't know. Seattle wasn't going anywhere with him as they have holes to fill so I think it may work out well for the long run if they capitalize on these draft picks.

Those two and Noah Fant. #9 pick. One of the 2nds this year, and a future 1st and 2nd.
Seems like appropriate value. Imagine there will be a Rodgers like extension coming in with it as well. Broncos still have plenty of weapons on offense and have a 2nd and 2 3rds left this year. Being without a 1st and 2nd next year is rough though.

I think the Broncos gave up an awful lot. If they were getting Russell Wilson from 3-4 years ago it might be justified. The 2021 version of Russell Wilson def dropped a few notches from that guy a few years ago. Maybe that was health related, I don't know. Seattle wasn't going anywhere with him as they have holes to fill so I think it may work out well for the long run if they capitalize on these draft picks.
More or less comes down to the fact if you don't have a very good QB then your season is essentially over before the season even begins. They now have a shot.

Russ was great just in 2020. I think Denver wins this trade comfortably

More or less comes down to the fact if you don't have a very good QB then your season is essentially over before the season even begins. They now have a shot.
It's all gonna depend on which Wilson they get. The one that played last year had a noticeable drop off. If that's an indication of a trend then they may be digging a big hole. I think Seattle noticed the drop off too. And those draft picks are valuable.

Depends on how well Wilson plays and what Seattle does with all those juicy draft picks. Seattle knows they're in rebuild mode but they were ticketed for the mediocrity lane anyway. Much of Wilson's success at QB was predicated on his wheels, which were top notch. Once that goes...

First half of 2020 he was on fire. He then went to Buffalo and his season started to go downhill. Stats look great, but he takes a ton of sacks that aren’t oline related.

It's all gonna depend on which Wilson they get. The one that played last year had a noticeable drop off. If that's an indication of a trend then they may be digging a big hole. I think Seattle noticed the drop off too. And those draft picks are valuable.
In his bad year he had a 65% comp, over 4/1 TD/Int, 7.8 ypa. That would be the best season by a Broncos QB since the last good Peyton year in 2014.

Denver was getting a veteran QB this offseason.
Not sure I like it but they had to do it.

Wilson is a gamble. They are loaded around him.
Denver when they didn’t take a QB last draft was doing what they did.

First half of 2020 he was on fire. He then went to Buffalo and his season started to go downhill. Stats look great, but he takes a ton of sacks that aren’t oline related.

They went 6-2 and he had 15 passing TDs after that Bills game I think. Doesn't seem that bad. The sacks are bad but sometimes you gotta live with it with a scrambling QB

I have a big problem with Ross doing that too. He should be punished strongly also if proven.
Yeah .. proof sort of matters . I’m wondering if Flores isn’t just FOS

Over/Under on days until Pete leaves Seattle? He doesn't strike me as a rebuild kind of guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom