2022 NFL Thread | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2022 NFL Thread

If the 49ers switch out Garoppolo for Brady are they immediately the favorites in the NFC next season?
Best bet to win the SB if Niners get Brady:

They have the defense signed.
Offense has enough.
QB play was their biggest weakness.
They were like the Ravens with Dilfer.
The QB just literally didn’t have to beat them.

It’s why the Niners should be doing whatever is reasonable to get Brady.

They keep trying to create a market for Jimmy G that gets them a first round pick which is never happening. Washington may be stupidly run but they won’t get give up a first round pick for Garrapolio.

If Washington wanted a vet they could get Wentz cheaper.

I said offer Jimmy G to Tampa for Brady’s rights:

Best bet to win the SB if Niners get Brady:

They have the defense signed.
Offense has enough.
QB play was their biggest weakness.
They were like the Ravens with Dilfer.
The QB just literally didn’t have to beat them.

It’s why the Niners should be doing whatever is reasonable to get Brady.

They keep trying to create a market for Jimmy G that gets them a first round pick which is never happening. Washington may be stupidly run but they won’t get give up a first round pick for Garrapolio.

If Washington wanted a vet they could get Wentz cheaper.

I said offer Jimmy G to Tampa for Brady’s rights:
The Wentz stuff is nuts. I know he cratered against the Jags, but he’s still relatively young And improved over his last season in Philly. There has to be more to the story than just performance.

The Wentz stuff is nuts. I know he cratered against the Jags, but he’s still relatively young And improved over his last season in Philly. There has to be more to the story than just performance.
The dude had COVID and was unvaccinated.. who knows what he was really feeling like for a few weeks there

Lol … cow terd with a new level of moron with this take.. FOUR firsts for Russell Wilson ??

Sean Payton knows the NFC.
He will likely replace Aikman on Fox and wait till Jones fires McCarthy to comeback.

I don’t understand why Aikman wants to leave Fox. Is this just about money? I always had ESPN as the fourth best network gig. Are they getting a Super Bowl anytime soon?

I don’t understand why Aikman wants to leave Fox. Is this just about money? I always had ESPN as the fourth best network gig. Are they getting a Super Bowl anytime soon?
Money.
Aikman is jealous Romo got 18 million.
ESPN is giving him that.

He makes 10 million now.

It’s all about the money.

Plus he gets too only do 1 game a week now. ESPN/ABC got SBs in this new package.

Al Michaels/Troy Aikman is an elite booth.

Money.
ESPN is giving him that.

He makes 10 million now.

Plus he gets too only do 1 game a week now. ESPN/ABC got SBs in this new package.

That’s a great booth if they can swing it. Hopefully they get better Monday Night matchups too. Those games have gone downhill since NBC was given the Sunday night package.

That’s a great booth if they can swing it. Hopefully they get better Monday Night matchups too. Those games have gone downhill since NBC was given the Sunday night package.
New package allows for MNF flex scheduling starting week 12.

ESPN got a good package. They get 2 SBs and an ESPN+ international game.

Olsen has some upside as an announcer but like Brees needs a little more polish, Brees has more national awareness though. Payton makes sense but no idea how comfortable he'll be at it.

Olsen has some upside as an announcer but like Brees needs a little more polish, Brees has more national awareness though. Payton makes sense but no idea how comfortable he'll be at it.
I think Payton would be great. Would make any Cowboys games he does must see tv.

Brees has no chance of actually ever being critical of someone .. too friendly .. bring on Aqib Talib

Hot take … Aaron Rogers is a narcissistic personality disorder sufferer who just happens to be really good at 1 thing … thus making him believe he’s really great at everything .. the more he apologizes and speaks from a place of “forgiveness and humility” the more I feel he means the exact opposite of what comes out his mouth

Hot take … Aaron Rogers is a narcissistic personality disorder sufferer who just happens to be really good at 1 thing … thus making him believe he’s really great at everything .. the more he apologizes and speaks from a place of “forgiveness and humility” the more I feel he means the exact opposite of what comes out his mouth
Losing big playoff games?

Olsen has great potential . Even here though , I feel like he’s restraining himself when he wants to be quite critical ..

New package allows for MNF flex scheduling starting week 12.

ESPN got a good package. They get 2 SBs and an ESPN+ international game.
Thats interesting and makes sense with what I read recently. Troy mentioned that he liked doing the best game of the week each Sunday on Fox but the Thursday night matchups weren't his favorite because sometimes the games just didn't matter. I was wondering how that would be different on MNF but that makes a difference if they can flex.

YOu could sub in Phil Mickelson's name here too and a ton of other athletes I can think of.

YOu could sub in Phil Mickelson's name here too and a ton of other athletes I can think of.
For sure. But mickelson isn’t near as good at it as Rogers.

Money.
ESPN is giving him that.

He makes 10 million now.

It's absurd that Romo gets that much. His greatest skill in the booth is being annoying. His greatest skill on the field was throwing up in big games. But that's the media today, where illusion makes reality tolerable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom