2022 NFL Thread | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

2022 NFL Thread

not too smart.. could have had anyone make the bet and the odds of getting flagged go down.. yet even then they must be watching all sorts of things for people making bets.

NFL salary cap up $25.7M from last year.

He is lucky its not lifetime if he bet involving his own team.
Twitter is going crazy that he got a year. They are comparing it to what Kareem Hunt did and got fewer games.

NFL (and other sports) has completely embraced gambling.

It used to be a dirty secret thing where you had to call some shady guy in Vegas to do, or something.

Now you can just do it on your phone. The NFL has several sponsorship deals with betting services.

Guarantee Ridley isn’t the only one.

They used to say Vegas would never have pro sports teams because of the gambling, now they’ve got a bunch of them including an NFL team.

One year is too steep, IMO.

NFL (and other sports) has completely embraced gambling.

It used to be a dirty secret thing where you had to call some shady guy in Vegas to do, or something.

Now you can just do it on your phone. The NFL has several sponsorship deals with betting services.

Guarantee Ridley isn’t the only one.

They used to say Vegas would never have pro sports teams because of the gambling, now they’ve got a bunch of them including an NFL team.

One year is too steep, IMO.
Honestly even though they shouldn’t if a player bet on another team’s game it wouldn’t bother me. They should get punished but not suspended.

To bet on your own team is the ultimate no-no.

Honestly even though they shouldn’t if a player bet on another team’s game it wouldn’t bother me. They should get punished but not suspended.

How do you punish them other than suspending them?

I disagree . You can’t have a player , active or not , betting on league games .. even worse his own team’s games….especially with all their gaming partners .. Ray rice smacking someone doesn’t make me question if joe Flacco is point shaving

Moron is going to lose 11 million bucks over $1500 bets .. lmfao.. take the year off and take some math classes

Patriots will be in the AFCCG if they get a serviceable WR1. Mark my words.
Is that wide receiver also Mvp level QB ?

These guys are all insiders .. they all have friends / contacts around the league. It would be utter mayhem if you allowed players to bet on any league games using a legit, league endorsed mechanism.

Not exactly an original thought here, but we have a team owner allegedly telling his coach to lose games on purpose but it’s the inactive player betting on games that the NFL has an issue with.
I have a big problem with Ross doing that too. He should be punished strongly also if proven.

I have a big problem with Ross doing that too. He should be punished strongly also if proven.
Yeah certainly a big difference is Ridley’s deal is proven. I don’t have much confidence the NFL won’t just brush the Ross thing under the rug though.

Yeah certainly a big difference is Ridley’s deal is proven. I don’t have much confidence the NFL won’t just brush the Ross thing under the rug though.
I have the same confidence level about the Ross situation as you.

So mad at Calvin Ridley for pulling a Pete Rose so now the Pats can't get him

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom