2022 PGA Tour | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

2022 PGA Tour

Here is Dottie's post for the second round. Round 2 hole locations for the @pgachampionship. Of great note, due to the high winds in the forecast, putting greens were not mown today. Hold onto your hats!!

282783003_420055783276560_8221552997550125744_n.jpg

This segment with Freddie is classic. Talking about how he struggled at Houston and how he paid guys on the swim team five bucks to take tests for him just so he could stay eligible.

Michael Collins is an acquired taste. No doubt about it. It took me a long time to warm up to him on PGA Tour radio but he knows his stuff.

The nice thing about the mega-cast is that you don't have to watch it if you don't want to as there are other platforms.

Well, I’m one of those ‘just older’ folk who still pays for traditional TV services. And, when I’m watching the mother ship channel at noon-2, that chit doesn’t belong there, certainly not for a major. Put that garb on the Ocho, or the + but not mainstream TV.

Give me TNT’s traditional coverage of this particular major golf tournament (actually it came on even earlier, like 10 or 11 a.m.) like it used to do every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Well, I’m one of those ‘just older’ folk who still pays for traditional TV services. And, when I’m watching the mother ship channel at noon-2, that chit doesn’t belong there, certainly not for a major. Put that garb on the Ocho, or the + but not mainstream TV.

Give me TNT’s traditional coverage of this particular major golf tournament (actually it came on even earlier, like 10 or 11 a.m.) like it used to do every day of the week and twice on Sunday.
This had to be a push from Buck's team when he signed on - didn't he try to do a talk show that Artie Lange kiboshed. They are looking for things for Buck to do hoping he is Ernie Johnson - in my opinion he is not, but ESPN is the company that thinks Mike Greenberg is the most loved on-air personality on TV so what do I know.

Put the tiger-rory-Jordan group on the iPad while working, caught the last hour of the base coverage at the end of the day. Overall ESPN is doing golf right with the multiple streams.

Course is playing tough this morning, but not overly tough either. Not much more difficult than yesterday.
15 guys out there are under par (compared to 26, or 13 per split yesterday). If the conditions are easier in the afternoon there will be more rounds under par today than yesterday. Slower greens and easier pin placement probably are factors in this.

Before the round started there was 26 players under par... and there are still 26 players under par (although that is influenced to a degree by the morning split yesterday having more under par rounds). It seems like the Thursday Morning / Friday Afternoon half of the field is going to get at least a 2-3 stroke advantage this week.

Last edited:
3 guys on the course that are better than -1 on the rd so far. 55 guys +2 or worse. its a par 70 so +3 is about the avg. most of the field even or +1 on the rd.

Put the tiger-rory-Jordan group on the iPad while working, caught the last hour of the base coverage at the end of the day. Overall ESPN is doing golf right with the multiple streams.

Doing "golf right." Ha! Like this is a right vs wrong thing. Good grief! However, not surprising at all coming from you in somewhat conflict/opposition to a post of mine.

The crux of my point, "overall" is leave that garb that I specifically referenced/pointed out to the streaming cites, etc. as it doesn't belong on the mother ship in a noon - 2 p.m. time slot, especially for a major golf event such as the PGA.

It's so blatantly obvious what ESPN is pimping...IMO.

Last edited:
Follow your golf dream-with a Syracuse mention. Any diehard will love this.

83 degrees in Ottawa right now (sure about the same in Syracuse) and 56 in Tulsa. Makes sense.

Converted Celsius to Fahrenheit to make it easy for you simpletons.

Today is playing very difficult.

Glover just closed a 68. He has moved up to +2, and moved up from 64 to 37. By the end of the day that should easily end up in the top 20.

83 degrees in Ottawa right now (sure about the same in Syracuse) and 56 in Tulsa. Makes sense.

Converted Celsius to Fahrenheit to make it easy for you simpletons.
90 in Cuse

Nothing against players from Australia.

But its always a better viewing experience when there are no Australians near the top for Ian Baker Finch to endlessly talk about.

Man, when Zalatoris loses confidence in his putting, it's really tough to watch.
My wife is still rooting for him. He's not out of it yet. I was rooting for Bubba. Unfortunately, he imploded on the back nine. Guess I will be rooting for Cameron Young tomorrow.

I’m rooting for the young Englishman. Highest ranked in the world without a title. Perfect storyline. Good kid. Would love for Zalatoris to make a run too

I’m rooting for the young Englishman. Highest ranked in the world without a title. Perfect storyline. Good kid. Would love for Zalatoris to make a run too
Some great odds this morning if you pick the right guy.

Final round pin placements. I know the conditions were far from ideal yesterday but I was surprised how many bunker shots I saw from guys who came up short or off target. Today should be up to 20 mph winds so could see some of the same.

FB_IMG_1653224790103.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope Zalatoris or Cameron Young can make a run today. No offense to Mito, but if he maintains a solid lead, that won't exactly be must see tv for this casual golf fan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom