2022 PGA Tour | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

2022 PGA Tour

Smith really need to work on his game management

It was a great shot on 17, but not worth the gamble given his 2 shot lead.
Then he hits it in the water totally unnecessarily on the 18th... wondering if he was trying to get a little closer for his 3rd shot. Terrible, terrible.

By my calculation Cameron Smith will move up to #6 in the world rankings.

A strange mix of miscalculations and total clutch shots down the stretch... and it worked.

smith admits in PC he was not trying to hit it at the hole. got luck between that and how he played 18

By my calculation Cameron Smith will move up to #6 in the world rankings.

A strange mix of miscalculations and total clutch shots down the stretch... and it worked.
How bout the fact that if Hovland wins the Valspar he becomes #1 in the world.

And all 6 fans of of CS cheer! Good for him. I was hoping for HVIII, Casey, or Fleetwood, but Santa Claus doesn't drop by often.

And all 6 fans of of CS cheer! Good for him. I was hoping for HVIII, Casey, or Fleetwood, but Santa Claus doesn't drop by often.

HVIII or Casey were my favorites that day. Fleetwood has earned my ire for being like Ian Poulter. Neither has won anything of consequence, but they get all full of themselves in the Ryder Cup.

I wish there wasn't such secrecy and the PGA Tour would just say if he was suspended.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease. If I'm the PGA, which he actually tried to overthrow, I wouldn't think I owed him any particular courtesy. While he's often fun to watch, he's always been all about himself. In his Feherty interview he fairly oozed his elitism. Phil's takedown of Tom Watson after the 2014 Ryder Cup match was also embarrassing. Watson has long been one of the game's great gentlemen, a gracious competitor and dignified representative of the sport, and one poor weekend in Scotland shouldn't dismiss that. Where Watson went down with the ship, Mickleson conspicuously swam away from him.

Last edited:
The squeaky wheel gets the grease. If I'm the PGA, which he actually tried to overthrow, I wouldn't think I owed him any particular courtesy. While he's often fun to watch, he's always been all about himself. In his Feherty interview he fairly oozed his elitism. Phil's takedown of Tom Watson after the 2014 Ryder Cup match was also embarrassing. Watson has long been one of the game's great gentlemen, a gracious competitor and dignified representative of the sport, and one poor weekend in Scotland shouldn't dismiss that. Where Watson went down with the ship, Mickleson conspicuously swam away from him.
I am far from a Phil fan boy, but I don't see the justification for suspending him. It is bad enough that the PGA Tour prevents its members from benefiting from the Saudi (blood) money, but suspending someone for talking about it is something else.

I am far from a Phil fan boy, but I don't see the justification for suspending him. It is bad enough that the PGA Tour prevents its members from benefiting from the Saudi (blood) money, but suspending someone for talking about it is something else.

Fair enough, I don't know whether he's been suspended. And if he has been, the PGA didn't contradict him when he said he needs to take some time away which, given the facts, was certainly for more gracious than anything he did leading up to it.

I always chuckle when someone who became rich complains the source through which he acquired his wealth cries, "Unfair!" For without the PGA, Mickleson is effectively nobody and has nothing. He'd probably be selling insurance somewhere.

Consider the PGA, with its corporate involvement and charity work, is an institution in America. It employs a lot of people both directly and indirectly, and benefits tens of thousands more. Phil attempted to purloin the PGA of its crown jewels, its top 20 players. And he did it with no investment of his own, it was all with someone else's (questionable) money. As such I think it would be difficult to be more disrespectful. But no matter how it comes out, when you try to run away with the landlord's daughter, you don't get to complain about how he came after you. :)

not sure Phil is suspended from the Masters though as its not a pga event

Yes. It's just a guess, but I'm sure he knows he stepped in it pretty bad. Maybe staying away from such a seminal event is an act of contrition? Because if he was there, it would turn into a media sh!tstorm, and he's preventing that from happening, robbing the event of its lustre and further embarrassing the PGA and himself?

Hey, I can dream, can't I?

I can’t wait til he returns. I want to see what he wears on his head (I’m guessing an ASU logo) and what ball he plays. If he goes away from the Chromesoft, that could hurt the ball’s reputation.

LPGA Tour Related

Jin Young Ko last 8 starts
5 wins
One 2nd
Two 6th

That is pretty remarkable. Comparable to some of those crazy runs Tiger Woods had at his peak.

Kevin Kisner is such an amazing match play player.
About to make his 3rd final in 4 years at the 64 player match play tournament.
His only appearance at an international event is the 2017 President's Cup where he was 2-0-2.

He really should make a Ryder Cup team at some point based on his skill at match play. (even if his play n regular events is not as good as others).

I understand that the US found the formula and players that worked in 2021, but he would be a great captain's pick. At minimum he should be selected again for this year's president cup team.

How bout the fact that if Hovland wins the Valspar he becomes #1 in the world.

I saw Hovland coming and knew he had a chance to get to it in a few recent events.

But didn't really notice how close Scottie Scheffler had got... I went to the WGR site to see how high Canadian Corey Connors was and to see if they had posted the field for next week. And boom, Scottie Scheffler is your new world #1 after yesterday's win jumping from #5 to #1.

They must have talked about during the round yesterday but I did not watch the final at all.

he is playing really well now for a good stretch of time.. last 5 weeks he has won like 7 million..

I saw Hovland coming and knew he had a chance to get to it in a few recent events.

But didn't really notice how close Scottie Scheffler had got... I went to the WGR site to see how high Canadian Corey Connors was and to see if they had posted the field for next week. And boom, Scottie Scheffler is your new world #1 after yesterday's win jumping from #5 to #1.

They must have talked about during the round yesterday but I did not watch the final at all.
Scottie has been showing top 10 potential for some time, but his jump to #1 is surprising. Seems like a likable guy. There is so much talent on the PGA.

Tiger just arrived at Augusta for a practice round! I shite you not!!!!!

tiger hasnt even walked a full 18 yet. gonna be tough to walk 18 on that course 4x5 times

As good a place as any for this. This was a good decision, dropping the 10 year requirement. She deserves the LPGA HOF.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom