2022 Schedule Change | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

2022 Schedule Change

Gotcha...I'd still be cool with MTSU but trips to Rice and Tulane are better for recruiting and touristy stuff for the fans.
I’d personally rather MTSU, but I think Rice and Tulane are better for SU (and 95% of fans) for the reasons that you said.

Last edited:
Gotcha...I'd still be cool with MTSU but trips to Rice and Tulane are better for recruiting and touristy stuff for the fans.

I agree with your points, but must confess I have a geographic interest, too.

Akron is available for 09/05

What we have so far in 2020

• 09/12 - at Rutgers
  • 10/17 - Liberty
I would play at Akron on 09/05 and get them to return twice to the Dome in future 5-7 years. Akron already has two OOC road trips scheduled and we would help them sell season tickets.

It would allow extra time to get theDome ready in 2020. We should be able to beat them there. It isn't a huge roadtrip for either team.

Future Syracuse Football Schedules | FBSchedules.com

Future Akron Football Schedules | FBSchedules.com

We’re likely playing WMU in 2020 on 9/5. WMU would return game in 2022 or 2023.

We’re likely playing WMU in 2020 on 9/5. WMU would return game in 2022 or 2023.
WMU is okay...actually it was a solid road trip. I just like Akron as it is about 3.5 hours closer to CNY.

Why don't we just play them both?

WMU is okay...actually it was a solid road trip. I just like Akron as it is about 3.5 hours closer to CNY.

I like Akron too ... because it’s a Cuyahogacuse home game. When do we start the Fine Mess road trip sign ups?

I suspect neither Rice nor Tulane would give us a 2-for-1. I’d be good with a 3-for-2.

I'm more concerned that we can't seem to schedule 7 home games. Why is it so hard?

Money is the answer. The cost of these guarantee games is going higher and higher every year. A cool million to buy an opponent. Some way more. Alabama paid $1.5 million or something like that for Arkansas State this past year. Ten years ago, most of these buy games were $500K at most. Competition for them is the only thing that explains the cost inflation. $1 million is chump change for the SEC teams that fill up their 80K stadiums no matter who shows up but it's a big chunk of the ticket sales at Syracuse. If SU wants a guarantee game, they need to look local where their smaller guarantee is made up for by the lower expenses the mid-major incurs by playing us vs. a southern school. Of course, there's no competing with PSU for opponents close by like Ohio.

Doesn't ECU owe us a game from like forever ago?
Yup. I suspect that the only way we could collect is if we were to add a 1-for-1. I wouldn’t be surprised if the SU AD wants nothing more to do with ECU.

Would love to do a west coast trip. Arizona State or Oregon State.

Would love to do a west coast trip. Arizona State or Oregon State.

They will likely schedule a school in an area we intend to recruit, if possible. of course we got Dungey from Oregon and Dino came from the west coast. But I'm not sure how much recruiting we plan to do there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom