2022 Schedule Change | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

2022 Schedule Change

Our options are basically Georgia, GT, or Georgia Southern. Take your pick;)
Play Georgia Southern home and home. The fairly big base of SU fans in the area get a bone. Only condition is that they have to let us use “Whose house? Our house!”, as much as we want.

I wish we would offer this. I think they would go for it.

Play Georgia Southern home and home. The fairly big base of SU fans in the area get a bone. Only condition is that they have to let us use “Whose house? Our house!”, as much as we want.

2 and 1 and I’ll let you guess what team gets the 2 home games;)

More Cuse fans around Georgia State (Atlanta). Georgia Southern is is located in rural SE GA. I'd play either for recruiting though

No problem doing a 2 for 1 with them

Only reason I'd like to play them is because it's an easy game that I could get to in my back yard. I believe Baylor did a 2 for 1 with them recently. I remember them thrashing UB in Buffalo a few years ago.

We could get UConn in a home/home in a cocaine minute as UConn is desperate.
The AD probably doesn’t want to do that until they have no other choice.
We can fill the games it just comes down to what type of games Babers/Wildhack want. Location? Difficulty? Neutral site? Can we get a 2 for 1 from a MAC/Sun Belt?

Will they still be fbs then?

I'd like to see a series with Vanderbilt as well as Georgia State (at the former Olympic Stadium/Turner Field).

I'd like to see a series with Vanderbilt as well as Georgia State (at the former Olympic Stadium/Turner Field).
I’m actually with you on those schools for personal reasons, but Vandy is an exceptionally random school to want to play.

If I’m being honest, getting a 2-1 deal from MTSU is probably a better move. But there’s still the issue of no clear benefit to SU, and a travel destination that’s both far and expensive.

Last edited:
Some of us have been pushing for Vandy for many years.
A non-B1G P5 opponent would be nice.
Which other SEC school would you propose?

I think many of us are done with MTSU. I've been to the stadium. Blah.
As long as Shafer is there it's a no go.

Lets schedule penn state those three years. By then Dino will be on fire and we can take those hooligans down. And show recruits where the place to be is
We would take down ped state right now. Hardly need a few years.

Some of us have been pushing for Vandy for many years.
A non-B1G P5 opponent would be nice.
Which other SEC school would you propose?

I think many of us are done with MTSU. I've been to the stadium. Blah.
As long as Shafer is there it's a no go.
1. I have no idea who “some of us” are, and I have less of an idea as to why Vandy (you never did actually answer that question).
2. Your reasoning for why not MTSU doesn’t seem overly convincing. The schools are a suburb apart, and it’s not like Vandy has a special stadium. Not liking SS is a (bizarre) reason that’s specific to a very small subset of our fans.
3. Again, I’m for Vandy, so I’m not sure why you’re asking me for alternatives. But to answer your question, any school that’s beatable, cheap to visit, and in a good recruiting area. Vandy is just beatable.

We haven't had P5 OOC win since Mizzou in '12.
And that W didn't offset the 3 OOC L's we took vs Northwestern, USC, and Minne.

What a horrendous schedule.
Made our best team in a decade look pedestrian, because we started off 1-3.

With a more reasonable OOC schedule, that team is playing in the Sugar Bowl, instead of the Pinstripe.

Our SOS in 2012 was 45th. So fairly middle the pack nationally.

2012 was the weakest year in the history of the Big East. WVU was gone, and was replaced with Temple. Louisville was the only team that finished in the Top 25. There was just no meat to the conference whatsoever. We were also taken into the 4th quarter in Game 3 by 1-AA Stony Brook.

Minnesota was mediocre and finished 6-7. USC was mediocre and finished 7-6, and Northwestern was solid and finished in the Top 20.

We played two teams that finished in the Top 25 that year, Louisville and Northwestern. Is that really too hard for us?

Doesn't have to be Alabama or Ohio State, but could be a Tennessee or Iowa.

I think teams like Nebraska and Tennessee are absolutely perfect for the non-conference schedule. Teams with elite name recognition but who aren't elite programs right now.

A perfect non-conference slate in my opinion is something like Wagner, Army, Western Michigan and Tennessee.

Meh...I’ve seen Ward’s D against the Georgia Southern triple option during the Bowl game when he served as interim coach at Bowling Green when Babers first came here and I’d rather avoid seeing anymore of that lol. In all seriousness they are tough to prepare for so not at the top of my list if have some choices.

Meh...I’ve seen Ward’s D against the Georgia Southern triple option during the Bowl game when he served as interim coach at Bowling Green when Babers first came here and I’d rather avoid seeing anymore of that lol. In all seriousness they are tough to prepare for so not at the top of my list if have some choices.

Does Ga Southern still run the triple option? I think they've had a coaching change or two since then but not sure if the system has changed.

Does Ga Southern still run the triple option? I think they've had a coaching change or two since then but not sure if the system has changed.
Brian Van Gorder did away with it when he become their head coach but they eventually brought it back.

Johnson wanted to ‘beat the hell out of VanGorder,’ and he finally did

I really want ‘Whose House? Our House!’ to become a staple of the Dome fan experience. I hope one way or another, we can work one thing out with Georgia Southern on this. The Rams apparently did.

We should probably do like they did and change it to ‘Whose House? Cuse House!’.

Last edited:

Yeah I remember it being mentioned that Clemson had them scheduled the week before Georgia Tech to prep them for the triple option attack this past year

1. I have no idea who “some of us” are, and I have less of an idea as to why Vandy (you never did actually answer that question).
2. Your reasoning for why not MTSU doesn’t seem overly convincing. The schools are a suburb apart, and it’s not like Vandy has a special stadium. Not liking SS is a (bizarre) reason that’s specific to a very small subset of our fans.
3. Again, I’m for Vandy, so I’m not sure why you’re asking me for alternatives. But to answer your question, any school that’s beatable, cheap to visit, and in a good recruiting area. Vandy is just beatable.
We need an OOC P5 on the schedule every year. I'd like to see a non-B1G P5 opponent, though I did look forward to visiting Madison. Vandy is a private school in a fun destination.

We need an OOC P5 on the schedule every year. I'd like to see a non-B1G P5 opponent, though I did look forward to visiting Madison. Vandy is a private school in a fun destination.

With the waiver for Army we have at least one P5 OOC opponent scheduled for every year through 2026. Again, with the Army waiver we have TWO P5 teams scheduled in 2022, 2023, 2025 and 2026. That being said I'd love to see Vandy on the schedule. If something happens with Notre Dame in the out years we might have a spot to fill.

Putting my personal feelings aside, Syracuse is better off staying out of Middle Tennessee, and playing Rice (private, elite academics, recruiting, big city, possibility of a 2-1 deal, and winnable) or Tulane (see Rice) and Tennessee (another touch point with VA and NC, a very big name, and winnable).

Putting my personal feelings aside, Syracuse is better off staying out of Middle Tennessee, and playing Rice (private, elite academics, recruiting, big city, possibility of a 2-1 deal, and winnable) or Tulane (see Rice) and Tennessee (another touch point with VA and NC, a very big name, and winnable).
I agree with that...I'd prefer to play either over MTSU.

I agree with that...I'd prefer to play either over MTSU.
I meant the geography. Tennessee is generally divided into east, middle, and west.

But possibly to your point, MTSU would obviously be included in Middle Tennessee.

Last edited:
I meant Middle Tennessee as in the geography (Tennessee is generally divid but possibly to your point, that’s inclusive of MTSU.

I meant the geography. Tennessee is generally divided into east, middle, and west.

But possibly to your point, MTSU would obviously be included in Middle Tennessee.
Gotcha...I'd still be cool with MTSU but trips to Rice and Tulane are better for recruiting and touristy stuff for the fans.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom