2022 Schedule Change | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2022 Schedule Change

My bet is it will be a directional Michigan school...those seem to fill in nicely when needed...

How has Frazier underachieved or failed SU football in any manner?

I can usually catch your sarcastic posts but even I am not sure on this one. Its every year with SU being one of the last schools with a schedule opening(s) and we end up scrambling trying to fill out the schedule at the last second. Remember when we had to play at Missouri in a one off in an already loaded season because we waited so long to fill out the schedule? There has been a huge overhaul with the way the AD is run since John came in but scheduling and its main person (Frazier) continue to be very poor.

Last edited:
MetLife games aren’t a problem when they are neutral site games.
MetLife games are a problem when we play our home games there and then play on the road.
If we could play Rutgers at MetLife as a true neutral site game we should do it.
We did it with Penn State in 2013. Neutral site games good.
Home games at MetLife bad.
It’s pretty simple.
The board is not smart enough to know the difference, they’re still pissed we gave up a home game for ND at Yankee Stadium.

I get we don’t schedule 1AA till the end, but it’s frustrating to not see a full slate of FBS.

I can usually catch your sarcastic posts but even I am not sure on this one. Its every year with SU being one of the last schools with a schedule opening(s) and we end up scrambling trying to fill out the schedule at the last second. Remember when we had to play at Missouri in a one off in an already loaded season because we waited so long to fill out the schedule? There has been a huge overhaul with the way the AD is run since John came in but scheduling and its main person (Frazier) continue to be very poor.

I am confident that Herm has a plan.

We do need to get your boys from Piscataway on there.
They are on there.

1548344886792.png

Buffalo
Can’t wait to get jumped on for this, but we can definitely find easier opponents than Buff.

Rutgers, uconn, ualbany etc.

What???

Not only do we not have a full schedule for NEXT year, but we need 2 games??

P5 mandate is locked in through 26 so this is not that difficult to resolve. I believe there are several options for an FCS team in 2020. Just need to formalize it. And non-P5 FBS won't be an issue. There are always a couple of teams making the jump from FCS looking to quickly upgrade their schedule like Liberty. New Mexico State is looking to fill 3 openings for 2020. And in the MAC alone, the following teams have openings in 2020 - Akron, Ball State, Toledo, WMU (2)

I'm more concerned that we can't seem to schedule 7 home games. Why is it so hard?

Already have seven home games locked in for 2021 and 2022. Six for 2019 when we purposely scheduled two weeks on the road to facilitate Dome construction. 2020 TBD. May be one reason why the non-P5 FBS game is still open. Once construction schedules are locked in and contracted we'll have a feel if that can be an early September home game or has to be later or on the road.

Akron is available for 09/05

What we have so far in 2020

• 09/12 - at Rutgers
  • 10/17 - Liberty
I would play at Akron on 09/05 and get them to return twice to the Dome in future 5-7 years. Akron already has two OOC road trips scheduled and we would help them sell season tickets.

It would allow extra time to get theDome ready in 2020. We should be able to beat them there. It isn't a huge roadtrip for either team.

Future Syracuse Football Schedules | FBSchedules.com

Future Akron Football Schedules | FBSchedules.com

Akron is available for 09/05

What we have so far in 2020

• 09/12 - at Rutgers
  • 10/17 - Liberty
I would play at Akron on 09/05 and get them to return twice to the Dome in future 5-7 years. Akron already has two OOC road trips scheduled and we would help them sell season tickets.

It would allow extra time to get theDome ready in 2020. We should be able to beat them there. It isn't a huge roadtrip for either team.

Future Syracuse Football Schedules | FBSchedules.com

Future Akron Football Schedules | FBSchedules.com
Playing in Northeastern Ohio could be helpful for recruiting. Other than UB, this is the easiest MAC game for Syracuse fans in upstate NY to attend.

The board is not smart enough to know the difference, they’re still pissed we gave up a home game for ND at Yankee Stadium.

I get we don’t schedule 1AA till the end, but it’s frustrating to not see a full slate of FBS.

I thought the Penn State neutral game was an all time low for people claiming we 'moved a home game to NYC', but ND moving a home game took it to a new level. Wasn't as much of it here, but it was out there in the stratosphere from the uninformed.

We did have Penn State and Wisconsin separately scheduled for 2020 and separately cancelled. We should see what Coastal teams have an opening and do what UNC-Wake are doing this year. Have to get used to those teams being in our conference somehow, and playing them once every 7 years isn't really doing it.

Given the 2018 performance, I'm ready to put heavier weights on the non conference schedule.

Playing in Northeastern Ohio could be helpful for recruiting. Other than UB, this is the easiest MAC game for Syracuse fans in upstate NY to attend.
Yup...that was our first big Fine Mess Road Trip Ticket buy for the 2010 Opener at Akron. We sold about 60 tickets and sat on about the 40 yard line IIRC. I still remember those Akron fans playing Kenny's Two Pennies in the parking lot pregame.

Last edited:
I thought the Penn State neutral game was an all time low for people claiming we 'moved a home game to NYC', but ND moving a home game took it to a new level. Wasn't as much of it here, but it was out there in the stratosphere from the uninformed.

We did have Penn State and Wisconsin separately scheduled for 2020 and separately cancelled. We should see what Coastal teams have an opening and do what UNC-Wake are doing this year. Have to get used to those teams being in our conference somehow, and playing them once every 7 years isn't really doing it.

Given the 2018 performance, I'm ready to put heavier weights on the non conference schedule.

Disagree 144% with that last line. WHY???

We had a heavier weight on the non-con schedule THIS year - Notre Dame.
How'd that work out for us?? :rolleyes:

Think about how 11-2 this year would have looked? :cool:

And how maybe it would have gotten us an even better bowl, the Lambert Trophy (GRRRRR), and that much more positive buzz.

Insert some random P5 soupcan instead of the Irish, and that's how it would have been.
THIS YEAR.
Sigh.

For the 1444th time - there is zero extra credit given for degree of difficulty of OOC schedule.
ONLY WINS AND LOSSES MATTER.

Disagree 144% with that last line. WHY???

We had a heavier weight on the non-con schedule THIS year - Notre Dame.
How'd that work out for us?? :rolleyes:

Think about how 11-2 this year would have looked? :cool:

And how maybe it would have gotten us an even better bowl, the Lambert Trophy (GRRRRR), and that much more positive buzz.

Insert some random P5 soupcan instead of the Irish, and that's how it would have been.
THIS YEAR.
Sigh.

For the 1444th time - there is zero extra credit given for degree of difficulty of OOC schedule.
ONLY WINS AND LOSSES MATTER.
Back when we were Indy, or part of late Big East after Miami left we needed strong outside games. Now we need pancakes and 4-0, we already have 8 tough games every year.

I wouldn’t mind playing at Akron next year like Mark suggested for 2 home games. Should be an easy away win which is always good

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom