2022 Schedule Guesses | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

2022 Schedule Guesses

When one looks at the High Point schedule, one notices that High Point plays UNC on March 20, which was the weekend in the past that UMd played UNC. So that weekend looks open for UMd now.

Popping out of off-season hibernation for a second to ask:

Anybody heard anything new on the date of the SU/Hopkins game?

Looking at it from a Hopkins perspective, I think it pretty much has to be Feb 26, Mar 5, or Mar 12. I'm leaning toward March 5, but can anyone confirm?

Hopkins is going to have Loyola, North Carolina, Syracuse, and Virginia in a span of ~21 days, and maybe throw Georgetown in there too. I surely hope for my sake Hop is back on the right track, or that's going to be rough. I don't know if I could handle another season of pulling my hair out like 2020 and most of 2021.

No mention of scrimmages (there are rumors they will scrimmage Syracuse). Quite an opening three games to start the season.

Man that's some schedule, yikes. I know Loyola is predicted to be a potential top 10 team but man that a Top 3 squad schedule.

It's the typical Hopkins and Notre Dame scheduling approach, just be over .500 and you're all set.
May be tough for Cuse to be .500, going to be upset many unless Cuse upsets a few

Be 6 2+2+1+1 again
That is 100% just a terrible move. Why the hell are they still doing that?? We know from the schedules of other teams that have been released that the other conferences are moving on from that. We will be the only conference left doing it and just eating each other up while teams in every other conference have a much easier path to putting together a respectable record. Total nonsense

It's the typical Hopkins and Notre Dame scheduling approach, just be over .500 and you're all set.

If Petro has any say over scheduling then it will become the Syracuse approach too. It's just smart. Tournament selection is like 90% RPI now. Unless that changes, teams should set up their schedules to maximize RPI potential. It has the added benefit of giving you several shots at quality wins and very few opportunities for bad losses. The rub of course as you mentioned is you need to finish above .500 but if you aren't doing that then you're probably not going to like what happens in the tournament anyway.

That is 100% just a terrible move. Why the hell are they still doing that?? We know from the schedules of other teams that have been released that the other conferences are moving on from that. We will be the only conference left doing it and just eating each other up while teams in every other conference have a much easier path to putting together a respectable record. Total nonsense
Hear ya but Cuse usually played 5 to 6 acc games depending of course on making acc tourney which they iusually did. Present issue is that all three acc teams are top five quality which hasn't always been the case . Combine that with scheduling several very good ooc opponents and Cuse likely has one of the toughest SOS this year if not the toughest.

Hear ya but Cuse usually played 5 to 6 acc games depending of course on making acc tourney which they iusually did. Present issue is that all three acc teams are top five quality which hasn't always been the case . Combine that with scheduling several very good ooc opponents and Cuse likely has one of the toughest SOS this year if not the toughest.
The acc tourney will happen this year though correct? If not then it is a good deal easier to get my head around.

Don't like it much either, but I guess you could look at it as a substitute for the ACC Tournament. That was just an excuse to boost RPI for all the conference teams. This just takes the veil off and does away with the concept of a tournament. Now all teams get two guaranteed games against good teams.

The acc tourney will happen this year though correct? If not then it is a good deal easier to get my head around.
Dont believe so. Supposedly same format as last year which may be better since Cuse could be weakest of five and acc tourney only took top four.

UVA won chip in 2019 and repeated last but I have not forgotten their down cycle where they lost eighteen straight acc games between 2014-18. Hard to believe

Not saying that will happen with Cuse but other four acc teams have had stronger recruiting classes from 2018 on and have also gathered more top talent from portal in last few years . Cuse has some talents but certainly will be a challenging year, hopefully Gait and Petro make a difference

Don't like it much either, but I guess you could look at it as a substitute for the ACC Tournament. That was just an excuse to boost RPI for all the conference teams. This just takes the veil off and does away with the concept of a tournament. Now all teams get two guaranteed games against good teams.
It is better without the tourney that is for sure. Usually I would like no ACC tourney but this year I feel like we could use it as a lifeline of sorts. A year like 2019 or 2017 it was a real pain and did nothing but cost us spots in the actual tourney. This year we might need that last chance to make it. Im hoping if we double up again this year they give us Duke and UNC twice. They scare me the least of the ACC teams right now.

Popping out of off-season hibernation for a second to ask:

Anybody heard anything new on the date of the SU/Hopkins game?

Looking at it from a Hopkins perspective, I think it pretty much has to be Feb 26, Mar 5, or Mar 12. I'm leaning toward March 5, but can anyone confirm?

Hopkins is going to have Loyola, North Carolina, Syracuse, and Virginia in a span of ~21 days, and maybe throw Georgetown in there too. I surely hope for my sake Hop is back on the right track, or that's going to be rough. I don't know if I could handle another season of pulling my hair out like 2020 and most of 2021.
Some known meetings:

Air Force at UVa Feb 5
Loyola at UMd Feb 12
High Point at UVa Feb 13
Virginia at Towson on Feb 19
Loyola at Hopkins on Feb 19
Princeton at Maryland Feb 26
Denver plays at UNC on Mar 5
Princeton at Georgetown on Mar 5
UNC at High Point Mar 20
Bellarmine at UNC Mar 26
I guess you can eliminate UNC or Georgetown from Mar 5, which leaves it at Syracuse or UVa.

Last edited:
It is better without the tourney that is for sure. Usually I would like no ACC tourney but this year I feel like we could use it as a lifeline of sorts. A year like 2019 or 2017 it was a real pain and did nothing but cost us spots in the actual tourney. This year we might need that last chance to make it. Im hoping if we double up again this year they give us Duke and UNC twice. They scare me the least of the ACC teams right now.

It would be Duke and UNC

No mention of scrimmages (there are rumors they will scrimmage Syracuse). Quite an opening three games to start the season.

Unless Hopkins has a “better” home game, I think I’m going to that BU game on the 16th.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom