2022 Spring game is Friday April 1 | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

2022 Spring game is Friday April 1

Decent crowd too. Maybe a couple thousand?

Not much to take from tonight other than imo:

The offensive flow. Its existent. Lamson, Villari, Morgan, McPhail. Didn’t matter, the ball moved. Little noticeable incompetence, if any.

Size. We’re bigger. Much bigger. I sat behind the O but the only undersized kid I noticed was Umari, but thats just his style.

Confidence. These kids are having fun and gel. Duce rubbing his arms like he’s freezing at the o sideline after breaking up a pass was incredible. They ate it up.

This is all a testament to a coaching staff thats hopefully set up to fire on all cylinders.

Decent crowd too. Maybe a couple thousand?

Not much to take from tonight other than imo:

The offensive flow. Its existent. Lamson, Villari, Morgan, McPhail. Didn’t matter, the ball moved. Little noticeable incompetence, if any.

Size. We’re bigger. Much bigger. I sat behind the O but the only undersized kid I noticed was Umari, but thats just his style.

Confidence. These kids are having fun and gel. Duce rubbing his arms like he’s freezing at the o sideline after breaking up a pass was incredible. They ate it up.

This is all a testament to a coaching staff thats hopefully set up to fire on all cylinders.

And wasn't it Foster that got beat on all three long TD's?

Not one kickoff to the end zone. Inside a dome stadium.
I was wondering about that. Did they kick the ball from a further back yard line to give the returners practice in seeing and catching the ball in the Dome?

And wasn't it Foster that got beat on all three long TD's?
Not sure, seemed like it was the 2’s so yeah it’d make sense

If you want to know which offensive players Syracuse doesn’t feel like it can go without this season, the healthy scratch list is a good place to start.

Four of Syracuse’s top offensive players missed the spring game, with three sitting as healthy scratches. Those who did not participate included Shrader, Tucker, Bergeron and Elmore.

Shrader, Tucker and Bergeron all did interviews with the ACC Network during breaks in the action.

Other Syracuse players who did not play included Chris Bleich (recovering from hip surgery), Kalan Ellis (sprained ankle), Rob Hanna (separated elbow) and Cornell Perry were absent. Babers noted that defensive back Justin Barron did not play as the coaches bring him along slowly from offseason back surgery.

Anyone got guesses on attendance? O side crowd was at least three times larger. I’d guess 2,800

Best spring game I’ve ever personally seen from SU. Actually fun to watch. Exciting to see we have good players on this team, so many more athletes then the recent past. It takes time to build at a school like Syracuse and I’m happy ADJW allowed Dino to keep adjusting and fixing the foundation of this team to move it in a positive direction. It’s clear as day we are far and away more prepared for ACC ball then ever before IMO. Not saying we are a title contender at all, just that we look the part of a solid P5 team for once. Not sure how this will transition to wins but it sure feels like we are in the right direction.

Dome dogs were awful tonight though gotta say. Are hoffmans hoffmans anymore??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom