2022 Spring game is Friday April 1 | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

2022 Spring game is Friday April 1

After such a great night in the Dome, I honestly can’t see SU not doing this every year going forward for now on. It’s an inexpensive way to keep the diehards excited during the way to long off season. Lots of little kids/ future fans having a blast as well.
I could see this game growing. No reason it can’t be a 5-10,000 attended game once words out about it and SU has more reason to advertise it

This was a great event! It's free, you get a little football fix, can meet the team and it gets the community more engaged. My 2 oldest (6 & 8) absolutely loved it. They were raving about running in the kids 100 yard dash at halftime as well as the autographs they received from players.

They, along with a couple of their friends, were hanging out right at the railing towards the end of the 2nd half and a few players (Alford & Szymt are 2 that I saw) came over at various points to talk to them, asking them if they had a pen for autographs. They even got a nice sweaty towel from one player. I didn't see who gave it to them and they couldn't remember the number. They cannot wait to come back. We got into the car and they asked when the next spring game is so they can meet more players/get more autographs. They've been to multiple games and are looking forward to going to a few more this season. This is exactly how you grow the fan base.

Honestly, honestly, this Spring Game was super phenomenal. So much more than I anticipated ...and I anticipated an actual game (just because that's the deal now).

Not only was everyone allowed to play actual football, including QB's, but the game was absolutely fantastic. I woke up the next morning and was delightfully surprised to remember that the Spring game was soooo good and soooo promising. I almost had to pinch myself

I would say one of the 10 best starting linebacker groups in the country. When the rags do their unit rankings we won’t be listed there , but that’s what I think, and you all know I am totally unbiased.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom